Used 2007 Nissan Versa 1.8 SL Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Nissan Versa - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Versa model:

A HOT car...as in on fire....
By rhaines

2007 Nissan Versa 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

#1 - 2 days ago this car spontaneously combusted. It appears something went wrong in the electrical. #2 Previously replaced drive shaft sensor and fuel pump in the 1.5 years I owned it. #3 wife backed into car @ less than 5 mph....caused $1,500 + damage. Easily falls apart. No get up and go. Left my family sitting watching it burn up. Wish I never bought this car. Also no heat / AC for the rear. My son nearly froze / over heated because there is no air vent in the back. The front air vents do not produce enough air to supply the back seats with the proper temperature. He had to ride with blankets in the winter with the heat on.

Bluetooth Other than previously listed problems, reliable car.

Not so easy to fall apart. Don't randomly catch ablaze. Maybe come with a fire extinguisher. More power - many other 4 cylinder vehicles have plenty more power. Something is wrong here. Have air for the rear seats.

Fool me once...
By twicescrewed

2007 Nissan Versa 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I've owned TWO 2007 Versas, probably the worst cars I have ever owned (and that includes GM products). The first one was in the shop 5 times for TPMS issues in 8,000 miles before, mercifully, it was destroyed in an accident. Unfortunately, I was set up with another, and that one was worse. In the shop 14 times for 23 separate issues over 32,000 miles. The dealer never fixed it right, including simple things like gluing the rear door seals in place. I got rid of this (on my own, and my own expense) when they refused to fix a problem where the transmission (6-sp manual) occasionally went into 1st when you put it in reverse. NO THANKS, NEVER AGAIN will I own a Nissan.

Seats very comfortable, great passenger room, bluetooth system worked great, great gas mileage (when it ran)

Redesign the whole thing from the ground up, TEST the final product thoroughly, and then don't assemble it in Mexico. Even lazy UAW workers put things together better.

Great MPG, Comfort and Performance
By Hooboggled

2007 Nissan Versa 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Everyone complains about the MPG but driving 70 miles RT in Los Angeles traffic I have never averaged less than 30 MPG and that is with traffic. Without traffic I've been getting 35 MPG. I couldn't be happier with its performance. In 16 months I have driven 28000 miles. I have a boat in Long Beach at sea level and a cabin in Big Bear Lake at 7500 feet above sea level. The Versa climbs the multiple 8000 plus foot peaks with ease and the manual transmission is great for going down the mountains. I've had chains on it and almost slid through an intersection on some black ice. That was scary. I've also taken it off road on dirt mountain roads and have had no problems.

Six speed, but it needs to have more of an overdrive gear to get the car up around 40 to 45 miles per gallon. I find the seats comfortable and the AC is cold.

The bumpers are poorly constructed. I scraped a curb while parking and did minimal damage to the bumper, but my washer fluid reservoir somehow punctured and completely drained. This should be a recall as I have heard of similar complaints. Hopefully, Nissan will repair this under the warranty.

Queen of the castle
By Michel Chapleau

2007 Nissan Versa 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I used to drive an Infiniti G35 coupe wich is very expensive on maintenance, tires and gas. I made a compromise with my wife that with a cheaper car we would travel twice a year instead of 1. I changed my coupe for the versa SL hatchback 6 speeds with convenience, sound and sport package and my surprise is that ok I must admit that I miss the power of the G35 coupe but overhall I am pretty satisfied with my Versa and find it surprisingly fun to drive. And let me tell you that for the gas, brake and tires maintenance it is day and night hehe!! Also the interior is really big and the place in the back too!!! So leaving soon for 3 weeks in the Bahamas at Staniel Key's Island :)

Rockford Fostgate sound system Bluetooth

heated seats

Nissan Versa SL
By ciara hanley

2007 Nissan Versa 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

The main reason I bought this car was because of the advertised gas mileage on the sticker. I'm lucky if I get 20 miles per gallon in the city and I'm only getting 30 miles on the highway. The sales people emphasized how great the fuel economy was but I guess none of them own one. I think Nissan should give a more accurate fuel economy rating especially with the high cost of gas. They're misleading people. The car is comfortable to sit in and to drive.

The pump seat on the SL. Smooth ride.

Redesign the glove compartment so it is wider rather than deeper. It is hard to reach in and find things and the little cubicle in the front is too small to hold even a map. It's basically useless. Also, it would be much better to have the back seats fold down flat.