Used 2007 Nissan Versa Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Nissan Versa - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Versa model:

2 year update
By bstern92

2007 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I now have 98,000 miles on my versa and it's still going fine. I do have a couple complaints. The steering started to peel and once it starts, it just keeps getting worse. The steering wheel position is my biggest complaint. At its lowest setting it still sits up too high. My hands are only comfy holding the bottom of the wheel. I also had my outside door handle break off. It gets great gas mileage and the hatchback is so versatile. If you insist on only buying new and are on a tight budget, then this car is for you, otherwise there are much better used options. Since this time around I can afford to spend a little more, I am looking at buying a new 2015 honda fit ex for $18,000.

Favorite Features

Hatchback Folding seats

Suggested Improvements

Lower steering wheel settings Better material for steering wheel Trunk button

WARNING
By jc2017

2007 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Get rid of this car when it gets past 100k!!! Check engine light constantly coming on and the dealership doesn't know whats wrong, Problems with the transmission come quick. The tranny first started slipping and I got the fluid changed. Temporarily fixed the problem, until it came back after a couple thousand miles. $3000 fix. I bought this car with the gas mileage in mind, (around 35mpg) which was great, until all the money i saved went into fixing the car once it got past 100k

Transmission
By foreigncars433

2007 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

These cars run great for their first 100k. I bought one brand new and had no problems with it until about 105, when the transmission went. Costed me 2900, and the problems did not stop there. The car was great while it lasted, but did not last very long.

Favorite Features

Cheap

Suggested Improvements

Transmission, engine, basic parts

Has anyone else had this problem?
By missmyversa

2007 Nissan Versa 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

My 2007 Versa ran like a champ until 4-6 months ago when suddenly while driving would feel as if the car was not responding or had changed gears by itself. I would shift the automatic setting from D to N and back again and that would seem to correct it for awhile. Brakes replaced 2 months ago. Never did feel right, at times had to stomp on brake and still feel occasional loss of control. 12/24/2013 was slowing to a stop as traffic piled up, some ice on road. Car did not respond. With pedal all the way down, no response. Did not spin or fishtail, did not slow, just silently slid under bumper of SUV in front and was destroyed. Never happened for husband or mechanic. Me or car?

Favorite Features

Other than the problem above, I loved the ceiling height. Even my tall son could sit in the back seat and have head room. The seats folded down for a lot of cargo space for a small car, and it made many trips to Menards for my house projects lugging. Never could get the bluetooth aspect to work but didn't worry about it. Good gas mileage. Not bad pickup for a small car. Great visibility, few blind spots. Small irritating problem with putting windows down. If putting back windows down, had to crack open one of front windows or there would be a loud annoying noise the whole time. Seated 4 very comfortably. I test drove a 2014 Versa yesterday and preferred my 2007 but may just be missing it.

Suggested Improvements

In the 2007, I would have liked the hatch open to be less rounded. It was more like an oval, which cut down on some of the things I could haul in it. In the 2014, they got rid of a couple of small things I really liked: the vanity mirror on the driver's side for us women. The center console that was big enough for all kinds of things and readily available. The ride was really bumpy on the 2014 and not sure why. The dealer told me it should be better than the 2007. The visibility didn't feel as good and it felt narrower, though the dealer showed me the specs and it said it actually had a little more cubic space. I would like to have kept the 2007 another 7 or 8 years instead!

Bad transmission
By katdunn

2007 Nissan Versa 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I initially loved my Versa. I soon found that the quoted mpg was not as quoted, no surprise there. I drive all highway miles to and from work. After I purchased my Versa,I was sent an extended warranty for my transmission which expired at 120,000. This should have been the first clue that there must be a problem with the transmission. Now at 128,000 miles, my transmission starting making loud humming sounds, the car at one point almost wouldn't go in traffic, but once it got past 20 or 30 mph it ran normally. No fluid was leaking and it's pretty much a closed system. They didn't take much time to check it out but were very quick to give me a price on a new transmission of $2800.

Favorite Features

Drives nice, good price, roomier than other sub- compacts that I looked at.

Suggested Improvements

Obviously needs a transmission overhaul