2007 Nissan Versa - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Versa model:
WARNING
By jc2017 on 04/29/14 10:42 AM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Get rid of this car when it gets past 100k!!! Check engine light constantly coming on and the dealership doesn't know whats wrong, Problems with the transmission come quick. The tranny first started slipping and I got the fluid changed. Temporarily fixed the problem, until it came back after a couple thousand miles. $3000 fix. I bought this car with the gas mileage in mind, (around 35mpg) which was great, until all the money i saved went into fixing the car once it got past 100k

Transmission
By foreigncars433 on 04/07/14 13:48 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

These cars run great for their first 100k. I bought one brand new and had no problems with it until about 105, when the transmission went. Costed me 2900, and the problems did not stop there. The car was great while it lasted, but did not last very long.

Has anyone else had this problem?
By missmyversa on 01/05/14 16:49 PM (PST)

2007 Nissan Versa 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

My 2007 Versa ran like a champ until 4-6 months ago when suddenly while driving would feel as if the car was not responding or had changed gears by itself. I would shift the automatic setting from D to N and back again and that would seem to correct it for awhile. Brakes replaced 2 months ago. Never did feel right, at times had to stomp on brake and still feel occasional loss of control. 12/24/2013 was slowing to a stop as traffic piled up, some ice on road. Car did not respond. With pedal all the way down, no response. Did not spin or fishtail, did not slow, just silently slid under bumper of SUV in front and was destroyed. Never happened for husband or mechanic. Me or car?

Bad transmission
By katdunn on 11/09/13 06:09 AM (PST)

2007 Nissan Versa 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I initially loved my Versa. I soon found that the quoted mpg was not as quoted, no surprise there. I drive all highway miles to and from work. After I purchased my Versa,I was sent an extended warranty for my transmission which expired at 120,000. This should have been the first clue that there must be a problem with the transmission. Now at 128,000 miles, my transmission starting making loud humming sounds, the car at one point almost wouldn't go in traffic, but once it got past 20 or 30 mph it ran normally. No fluid was leaking and it's pretty much a closed system. They didn't take much time to check it out but were very quick to give me a price on a new transmission of $2800.

Good starter car but never again!
By werolln_dyhatn on 10/28/13 08:34 AM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Been driving the 07 hatchback for 7 years now- this was my first new car that I paid for myself. It's fun to drive (as are all manual transmission cars) but it lacks hp & zip. Mpg is good if you stay under 60 mph but if you have a lead foot like me, good luck. Hubcaps flew off after year 1. Someone stole the antenna tip on year 2. Tires seem to have the insane will to stay flat- I don't know how often I've had to patch them up and they have the propensity to find all sharp objects and impale themselves on it. Tires have been routinely changed every year because of that. Rotors changed after 4 years. Battery after 3 years. Immaculate maintenance on my part can't help this vehicle.

A HOT car...as in on fire....
By rhaines on 06/12/13 20:16 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Versa 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

#1 - 2 days ago this car spontaneously combusted. It appears something went wrong in the electrical. #2 Previously replaced drive shaft sensor and fuel pump in the 1.5 years I owned it. #3 wife backed into car @ less than 5 mph....caused $1,500 + damage. Easily falls apart. No get up and go. Left my family sitting watching it burn up. Wish I never bought this car. Also no heat / AC for the rear. My son nearly froze / over heated because there is no air vent in the back. The front air vents do not produce enough air to supply the back seats with the proper temperature. He had to ride with blankets in the winter with the heat on.

My second review
By bstern92 on 05/07/13 19:08 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Okay, so it's been a little less than a year since my first review and I felt like giving an update. I get 27 mpg with mixed driving and some hard accelerating and I get 35 mpg with a light foot. The steering wheel's lowest setting is too high for my liking and the material is really slippery; it makes it hard to turn with one hand. There isn't a lot of leg room in the driver's seat for me. I have 90k on it and not one problem. Am I still happy with my Versa? Yes, even with these drawbacks, I still like my Versa a lot. I get great MPG and despite the leg room, it is very comfy. I get great use out of the hatch and the folding rear seats. Also, you can't beat the price of it.

Love the car
By bobjeeps on 03/19/13 07:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Versa 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

Love the car after 60,000 miles 5 & 1/2 years. I'm still amazed how smooth it runs with the CVT transmission. I've had to replaced the a/c heater blower motor, OAD alternator wheel pulley. I had a condensation leak inside the car. It cost me $560 to fix it. They needed to extend the condensation pipe to draw out the condensation. This is the only item, I feel was no fault of mine, that Nissan should have fixed it for free.

very reliable
By rm68818 on 02/02/13 18:44 PM (PST)

2007 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

this is a great car for the price. i bought mine at 50k and now have over 100k on it and have only had ONE issue the muffler broke at the pipe it would have cost 150 for a new stock muffler or 30 to repair the original but i went to ebay and got an after market crome muffler for 30 deliverd. ive done regular maintenace and ive changed front brakes. i use synthetic oil and only change it every 10-12 thousand miles.the car even has the original battery. one thing i think could be better is gas mileage i only get about 26-27 avg. and for a 1.8L engine it could be better but it runs great and has no problems. doesnt have cruise control which i find very odd for a 2007 but oh well great car

A good car at a great price
By bstern92 on 08/23/12 18:55 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought the Versa from the original owner and it now has 84,000 miles on it. All in all it was a great buy. You can't beat the price of the Versa. Since I have a bad back it was hard to find a car with a seat that was super comfortable besides my friend's Volvo, but obviously I couldn't afford that and the Versa is the only other car that gives me complete pain relief. Has more interior room than my dad's Acura TSX. Gas mileage is great, but the gas tank is small so don't let the gas gauge fool you. Some negatives are the acceleration and has lots of body roll. The thing I hate the most is not having a middle armrest. Cup holders are awkward. Cruise control isn't standard. No trunk button

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.