Used 2007 Nissan Versa Consumer Reviews - 263 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Nissan Versa - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Versa model:

The Longer I own It, The More I Love It
By Chicago Kris

2007 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

My Versa doesn't have CVT. Maybe that's the reason why I don't have transmission issues. It also doesn't have ABS or stability control. The only major items fixed are the muffler all the way through the catalytic converter because of rust caused road salt during winter. I believe I didn't gave it enough car washes so I learned my lesson. I bought it brand new in 2006 when it was newly released. Taking my car to the dealership for maintenance makes the difference. After replacing the drive belt, some engine idling noise were gone. I average less than 5k miles per year. I no longer have warranty but maintaining it costs less than buying a new car. I planning to keep it until 100k miles or 6 more years.

CVT transmission
By gustavo valcarcel

2007 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

In less than 10 000 miles I have to replace the CVT Transmission 4 times and still the problem. Fuel economy is like any other full side car, I will go with TOYOTA.

2 year update
By bstern92

2007 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I now have 98,000 miles on my versa and it's still going fine. I do have a couple complaints. The steering started to peel and once it starts, it just keeps getting worse. The steering wheel position is my biggest complaint. At its lowest setting it still sits up too high. My hands are only comfy holding the bottom of the wheel. I also had my outside door handle break off. It gets great gas mileage and the hatchback is so versatile. If you insist on only buying new and are on a tight budget, then this car is for you, otherwise there are much better used options. Since this time around I can afford to spend a little more, I am looking at buying a new 2015 honda fit ex for $18,000.

Hatchback Folding seats

Lower steering wheel settings Better material for steering wheel Trunk button

WARNING
By jc2017

2007 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Get rid of this car when it gets past 100k!!! Check engine light constantly coming on and the dealership doesn't know whats wrong, Problems with the transmission come quick. The tranny first started slipping and I got the fluid changed. Temporarily fixed the problem, until it came back after a couple thousand miles. $3000 fix. I bought this car with the gas mileage in mind, (around 35mpg) which was great, until all the money i saved went into fixing the car once it got past 100k

Transmission
By foreigncars433

2007 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

These cars run great for their first 100k. I bought one brand new and had no problems with it until about 105, when the transmission went. Costed me 2900, and the problems did not stop there. The car was great while it lasted, but did not last very long.

Cheap