2014 Nissan Versa Note Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Versa Note model:
Excellent Car for all around town driving at 40mpg avg
By kirk_jackson on 03/27/14 05:44 AM (PDT)

2014 Nissan Versa Note Hatchback 1.6 SV 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl CVT)

We just bought our 2014 Nissan Versa Note and I have to say it is great. You can't hear the engine below about 2000 rpm which is the usable economical range. I am getting about 39 to 40 mpg average by watching the mpg constantly. Key is 25 inner city and 55 freeway on cruise. Lots of interior room except the driver door touches my left leg. We got the SV model at 500 of base which included everything. Very easy to park in tight spaces which is something we required. Has euro styling better than competitors. I am learning more about this car every day. Uphill is not good so go 20 to maximize economy. No sun roof.

Great !
By dhorgeron on 01/03/14 08:23 AM (PST)

2014 Nissan Versa Note Hatchback 1.6 S 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased the 2014 Nissan Versa Note and have since put just 900 miles on it. So far I love the car. I traded in my 06 Mecedes C Class. I decided I wanted to get a simpler car that would save me a lot of money. I do not regret the decision one bit. I am averaging 39 miles per gallon, and have more room in this car than the mercedes. Is it very powerful, NO but if I wanted powerful I would not have looked at this car. Its very simple car that will get you from A to B and allow you to put more money toward more important things. Spending 30+ for a car just does not make much since any more.

Say No To Versa
By isabellespi on 12/28/13 15:27 PM (PST)

2014 Nissan Versa Note Hatchback 1.6 S Plus 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl CVT)

I have had this Versa Note for less than 3 months with under 1,000 miles on it. Yesterday I noticed the oil leak spots on the driveway. The worthless dealership says I have to wait 6 days for an appointment to bring it in. If I had known the heap was made in Mexico I would never have bought it. This leak is due to shoddy, sloppy workmanship. One more thing, the worthless dealership said they may have to keep the heap overnight! I don't know which is worse, the dealership or the car. Meanwhile, I have to keep checking and adding oil for the next 6 days while waiting for the worthless dealership appointment.

I like my 2014 Nissan Versa Note 5 Speed
By tim226 on 12/11/13 15:52 PM (PST)

2014 Nissan Versa Note Hatchback 1.6 S 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I am in outside sales and drive about 49,000 miles per year. I selected Nissan because the dealer is very close to my home. I wanted an economy car with good gas milage and I wanted a stick. The 2014 Versa Note is a nice looking, professional enough, economy car. First, the EPA gas mileage puts it in the low 30's combined. I am averaging about 38 MPG combined, which does include a lot of interstate, but also in town and awesome TN Backroads. I like the 5 speed, which gives me great control. ANOTHER GREAT FEATURE, the Versa Note has a computer driven feature that allows the engine to maintain a safe speed on a steep mountain decline. This is an awesome feature.

Awesome
By nissan_rocks on 10/08/13 05:07 AM (PDT)

2014 Nissan Versa Note Hatchback 1.6 SV 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl CVT)

Great fuel economy, surprisingly quiet for a car in this category, road noise to a minimum, very smooth due to the CVT. Huge rear passenger space and good cargo space, usually hard to get both but the Versa has it.

Underpowered?
By markafolse on 09/18/13 05:21 AM (PDT)

2014 Nissan Versa Note Hatchback 1.6 SV 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl CVT)

Only if you're a car reviewer who is jealous you weren't assigned the Murano convertible to review. It's a small engine car, no doubt, but I have experienced none of the sweaty palm moments reviers warned about entering the interstate. I was leary of the CVT but acceleration is smooth and there when you need it. Braking is excellent. My only complaint so far is the steering has that mush 70's GM feeling. You don't feel as much close control taking corners, but I find it more than adequate in the city driving I do. Parking in the crowded urban neighborhoods I visit is a snap, and the passenger compartment, especially the back seat, is huge and comfortable.

Disappointed Owner of new Versa Note
By zile on 09/13/13 17:29 PM (PDT)

2014 Nissan Versa Note Hatchback 1.6 S Plus 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl CVT)

I purchased this car in July 2014. I have spent dozens of hours @ dealerships & talking to Nissan Consumer Affairs. Wasted efforts. Still... I have a navigation system that is defective & has yet to be replaced - seems that since it is such a new car, the parts are hard to come by. The inside ceiling has come out of the rubber tubing that hold it in place - interior cheap & is uncomfortable in long rides. Cupholders to close to dash to use. Car has a difficult time in elevations or hills - I turn off the A/C & sometimes use lower gears to make it. The car is noisy when idling, esp. for such a small engine. Very crowded. Storage usage above rear cargo area, blocks rear view. Don't do it

Great little car
By icecream3 on 07/25/13 13:03 PM (PDT)

2014 Nissan Versa Note Hatchback 1.6 SV 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl CVT)

We got our blue Versa Note on 7-12-13. I have to say we did a lot of research on this vehicle and others, Honda Fit, Hyundai Elantra, etc., what drove us to the new note was it's claim on fuel economy. Well after driving it for almost 2 weeks now I can say that there fuel economy rating is pretty spot on, we are getting 34 in the city, and the few times that it has been on the highway we are getting 42 on the highway. I am quite impressed with that. It has a nice quite ride for a car of its size also. The exterior is stylish, but the interior is the same as the versa sedan which bland. But the controls are all easy to get to and work well, the back up camera is quite handy. Updates coming.

retirement car
By smalltown on 06/28/13 06:30 AM (PDT)

2014 Nissan Versa Note Hatchback 1.6 SV 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl CVT)

Picked up a metallic blue SV with Convenience package four days ago. I will be retiring next year and was looking for something to replace my 2007 Mini Cooper. This rides much better in town & on back roads. Although does not handle as well as the Mini, behaves more than adequately in normal driving, meaning predictably. Has more than enough conveniences for my needs. High in utility--can put my bicycle or a large dog inside & enough room for taking a short trip with my wife. The controls are much more intuitive than the Mini Cooper & easier to use.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2014 Nissan Versa Note Hatchback in WA is:

$175 per month*