2014 Nissan Versa Note Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Nissan Versa Note - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Versa Note model:

My Mini-SUV
By Valorie Smith

2014 Nissan Versa Note 1.6 S 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Awesome gas mileage, 32 mpg in the city! Excellent cargo space-I even moved a love seat plus a coffee table at the same time.

I do not feel safe in this vehicle
By courtney

2014 Nissan Versa Note 1.6 SV 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl CVT)

I thought this would be a good upgrade from the 09 versa hatchback and boy was I wrong. Everything that has gone wrong with the car, has, it is a 2014 and already rusting, the bumper fell off, the engine sucks, and the front end is a lot smaller that the 2009. I do not feel safe in this vehicle and as soon as I can pay it off, I am trading it in for something safer. The USB port doesn't work, I have to bring it in for maintenance all the time. It is just a poorly made car. The gas mileage is good but the rest has a lot of issues. My biggest concern is the safety. If I were to hit a deer or another vehicle, I am not sure I would be ok. If I lived where it doesn't snow or sleet, I would probably like the car more but it is not made for the northeast weather.

Poor resale value
By John

2014 Nissan Versa Note 1.6 SV 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl CVT)

I have purchased this car and now regreting for my decision. Only one good part is fuel economy. In all other senses its a bad decision in view of facility, performance and resale value. Its resale value is remarkably low, even in next day of your purchase. There will be even 5000-6000 USD difference for low mileage excellent condition. So i will not suggest this one for many of hose people with over three family size and need to look for a resale or trade in option.

Bought it as a commuter. Exactly what it is.
By Chesty Puller

2014 Nissan Versa Note 1.6 SV 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl CVT)

So I bought this car as a commuter. Currently have 45,000 brutal miles on her. I drive 100 mile round trip to work over Donner Summit in the Sierra Nevada's of Northern California. (Ever heard of the Donner Party) It's a 5,000 foot elevation gain from my house to work. The car, during the very steep sections, noticeably struggles. About 4k rpm's during the steep sections. Fuel economy suffers also while driving up the summit. But, let's be realistic. I spent $13,500 out the door for this car. For the price, I am more than happy with its performance. I hate it when people compare a $13k car to some other $30k+ car. Fuel economy. I average 35mpg average. I also drive 75-80mph up a 40 mile, 5,000 foot elevation gain. So gas mileage gets murdered on the way (20mpg) up but averages like 60mpg on the way back. This car has some space. I am amazed, when I lay down the seats, how much money I can blow at Home Depot and fit all the goodies in the woman car that I drive. Realiability. I change the oil every 4,000 miles. That it literally all I have done besides some fresh new tires. Never had a single problem. Ever. Snow: I chain up when there is mandatory chain control, but if I don't have to, the car gets around great with the continental true contact tires I bought. I have owned a couple Nissans before and they have always been reliable. I have been impressed with this car as it has a tough daily drive and has not given me a single problem.

Hits All The Right Notes
By Bob McDonald

2014 Nissan Versa Note 1.6 SV 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl CVT)

This is our 14th Datsun/Nissan vehicle, and fourth in the Versa family. The Note is our first non-manual transmission vehicle and the CVT performs very well. From cruising the highways in PA to the need for quick merges into heavy traffic in DC and NJ, the power train hasn't let us down. The Note is just a touch smaller inside than our Versa hatchback, but still very roomy, and rear seat passengers are always surprised by the generous legroom, even with the front seats all the way back. With a fifth passenger, the back is a little tight side to side, but that come with the territory. My wife commutes an hour to work, and we make frequent 3-4 hour drives on our travels, and the ride comfort is great, never feeling cramped. We've been spoiled by the XM radio. Fuel economy is very good, and we didn't have to pay any premium for a hybrid. Solid, reliable transportation that won't break your budget.

• SUV