2014 Nissan Versa Note - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Versa Note model:
the mobile command center
By jfortune on 10/14/14 05:37 AM (PDT)

2014 Nissan Versa Note 1.6 SV 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl CVT)

Have had the car for about 9 months.....gas mileage is as claimed......the ride is more than decent for a car of it's size.......and it handling is very good....i was pleasantly surprised for a car of it's size.....the seats are very comfortable, have taken it on some 4 - 6 hour car trips and did not feel beat to death as I have in some small cars in the past.....all in all, I am very pleased with the car so far

Sound economical choice
By montigirlmn on 08/18/14 11:53 AM (PDT)

2014 Nissan Versa Note 1.6 SV 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl CVT)

This car is the first new Nissan product that I have purchased. I have now owned the car for six months and have put 11,000K miles on it. With that said, I am glad that I chose this car. I am averaging 38 mpg, most of it commuting 50 miles a day to and from work. The great fuel economy makes it the right choice for me. I did drive the car for a couple of months already during the winter and the push button traction control is absolutely wonderful. Minnesota winters are harsh and it handled the 8+ inches of snow exceptionally well.

Great first car
By mattywiggles on 08/03/14 18:49 PM (PDT)

2014 Nissan Versa Note 1.6 S 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

The Note is pretty good considering it is one of the cheapest cars you can buy new at the moment. Manual windows, locks, pretty much everything besides the side mirrors is manual. The interior is very cheap and plastic feeling. At the same time however, the interior is simple and easy to navigate. The back seats have some of the best space for any small car on the market. You can easily fit two 300+lbs 6 foot high people in the back with no problem. The 1.8L motor does the job just fine producing 109HP. It isn't very quick, but I have yet to have any problems merging onto the highway or driving on any road. I'm happy with this purchase.

surprisingly good
By frankevich on 07/27/14 21:38 PM (PDT)

2014 Nissan Versa Note 1.6 SV 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl CVT)

We say "surprisingly good" because if one read all the negative reviews...well you get the idea. Note's MPG, with usually two aboard, and under all conditions including steep hills and a couple of mountains, is astonishing at 40+ mpg average. Car is noticeably quiet and has a nice ride on most road surfaces. CVT takes some getting used to but we favor it over regular automatics. Car really rolls (due in part to its low drag figure.) We found the strength of the car is on the open road--this is no "grocery getter" only, as described by one dopey reviewer. So, car looks good, is well built, great mpg's, is quiet and rides well. What more could one want?

Excellent Car for all around town driving at 40mpg avg
By kirk_jackson on 03/27/14 05:44 AM (PDT)

2014 Nissan Versa Note 1.6 SV 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl CVT)

We just bought our 2014 Nissan Versa Note and I have to say it is great. You can't hear the engine below about 2000 rpm which is the usable economical range. I am getting about 39 to 40 mpg average by watching the mpg constantly. Key is 25 inner city and 55 freeway on cruise. Lots of interior room except the driver door touches my left leg. We got the SV model at 500 of base which included everything. Very easy to park in tight spaces which is something we required. Has euro styling better than competitors. I am learning more about this car every day. Uphill is not good so go 20 to maximize economy. No sun roof.

Great !
By dhorgeron on 01/03/14 08:23 AM (PST)

2014 Nissan Versa Note 1.6 S 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased the 2014 Nissan Versa Note and have since put just 900 miles on it. So far I love the car. I traded in my 06 Mecedes C Class. I decided I wanted to get a simpler car that would save me a lot of money. I do not regret the decision one bit. I am averaging 39 miles per gallon, and have more room in this car than the mercedes. Is it very powerful, NO but if I wanted powerful I would not have looked at this car. Its very simple car that will get you from A to B and allow you to put more money toward more important things. Spending 30+ for a car just does not make much since any more.

Say No To Versa
By isabellespi on 12/28/13 15:27 PM (PST)

2014 Nissan Versa Note 1.6 S Plus 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl CVT)

I have had this Versa Note for less than 3 months with under 1,000 miles on it. Yesterday I noticed the oil leak spots on the driveway. The worthless dealership says I have to wait 6 days for an appointment to bring it in. If I had known the heap was made in Mexico I would never have bought it. This leak is due to shoddy, sloppy workmanship. One more thing, the worthless dealership said they may have to keep the heap overnight! I don't know which is worse, the dealership or the car. Meanwhile, I have to keep checking and adding oil for the next 6 days while waiting for the worthless dealership appointment.

I like my 2014 Nissan Versa Note 5 Speed
By tim226 on 12/11/13 15:52 PM (PST)

2014 Nissan Versa Note 1.6 S 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I am in outside sales and drive about 49,000 miles per year. I selected Nissan because the dealer is very close to my home. I wanted an economy car with good gas milage and I wanted a stick. The 2014 Versa Note is a nice looking, professional enough, economy car. First, the EPA gas mileage puts it in the low 30's combined. I am averaging about 38 MPG combined, which does include a lot of interstate, but also in town and awesome TN Backroads. I like the 5 speed, which gives me great control. ANOTHER GREAT FEATURE, the Versa Note has a computer driven feature that allows the engine to maintain a safe speed on a steep mountain decline. This is an awesome feature.

Awesome
By nissan_rocks on 10/08/13 05:07 AM (PDT)

2014 Nissan Versa Note 1.6 SV 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl CVT)

Great fuel economy, surprisingly quiet for a car in this category, road noise to a minimum, very smooth due to the CVT. Huge rear passenger space and good cargo space, usually hard to get both but the Versa has it.

Underpowered?
By markafolse on 09/18/13 05:21 AM (PDT)

2014 Nissan Versa Note 1.6 SV 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl CVT)

Only if you're a car reviewer who is jealous you weren't assigned the Murano convertible to review. It's a small engine car, no doubt, but I have experienced none of the sweaty palm moments reviers warned about entering the interstate. I was leary of the CVT but acceleration is smooth and there when you need it. Braking is excellent. My only complaint so far is the steering has that mush 70's GM feeling. You don't feel as much close control taking corners, but I find it more than adequate in the city driving I do. Parking in the crowded urban neighborhoods I visit is a snap, and the passenger compartment, especially the back seat, is huge and comfortable.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2014 Nissan Versa Note in VA is:

$126 per month*