1997 Nissan Truck 2.4L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - The Little Truck That Could

1997 Nissan Truck - Consumer Review

The Little Truck That Could
By Easy Charlie on

1997 Nissan Truck XE 2dr Regular Cab SB

I've had my little Nissan for about three years now, and I'm about as impressed as I can be. She just won't die. Don't get me wrong, I'm not TRYING to kill her--she sees regular maintenance, and I always let her warm up on cold days... With that considered, we've gone 156,000 hard miles (on and off road) together with only minor problems (water pump/thermostat at 110,000mi, and a Throttle Position Sensor at 140,000mi). Now, she's not that pretty, but damn she's loyal. I could see her hitting 250k easy. If you need a work truck, or just simple reliable transportation. You can't go wrong with these old Nissan trucks.

Favorite Features

(1) Durable. (2) Simple. (3) Great towing ability for such a small truck. (4) Very easy to work on (I replaced the water pump on a highway in the pouring rain, and it still only took thirty min.)

Suggested Improvements

(1) Snake belt instead of old fashioned V-belts. (2) Improved front suspention w/ less roll in turns. (3) 15" wheels instead of 14" on 2WD.