1997 Nissan Truck Consumer Review: Rugged Little Truck

1997 Nissan Truck - Consumer Review

Rugged Little Truck
By nissanmudmachine on

1997 Nissan Truck XE 2dr Regular Cab SB

When I recieved this truck from my father upon my sixteenth birthday in 2001 I admit I was a little dissapointed. But that has all changed! My friends and I go offroading thru all kinds off muddy hell holes, up embankments and thru lakes and ponds. My little 2wd nissan stands up to the test. I've put this little truck thru more testing than any company or magazine and I just love its performance capabililties. It's just as great on the road (I even smoked my friends civic off the light and down the street!)

I love the rear leafs, much stiffer than any other small pickup. And manual is a must to get the full enjoyment out of it. But best of all I get the feeling that this little truck likes to prove itself.

Lift it (body or suspension), larger tires (at least 235/75/r15), beefier gearing (up to 3.83 or 4.10 is nice), and finally, add a positrac (or similar) rear end to 2wd models.