1997 Nissan Truck Consumer Review: Pretty Good Value in 4 X 4

1997 Nissan Truck - Consumer Review

XE Regular Cab Pickup (2.4L 4-cyl. 4x4 5-speed Manual)

Pretty Good Value in 4 X 4
By Daniel on

1997 Nissan Truck XE 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

I bought this truck new and drove it about 150 miles round trip to work for four years before I finally moved closer to my job. It has been very dependable and easy to maintain; I service it every 3,000 miles and try to keep it reasonably clean. I don't take this truck off-road and have only had to use the 4 X 4 for emergencies like ice and snow storms and it has been perfect: I often have been a shuttle for others who are stuck in the parking lot frozen to the ground. I haul stuff to and from our little country home and it really is a pleasure to have for all those little jobs.... every time I think about selling it I stop and remember all it has done for me, and that's it!

Dependable and Useful. I haul stuff in this constantly and don't know what I'd do without a truck in my driveway. We are into gardening and home improvement and this truck has been like a business partner for us.... Plus we often just find things along the road to pick up and take home!

It's too late to improve anything since this model is long gone and the Frontier replaced it right after I bought this baby. I have driven the Frontier and it is nice, but I'm not ready to trade this old work horse in quite yet.