Used 1997 Nissan Truck XE Regular Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1997 Nissan Truck Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Truck model:

ole' red
By clif

1997 Nissan Truck Regular Cab XE 2dr Regular Cab SB

Bought this truck off of my dad as my first truck. And this truck has been through hell. Had to replace random parts such as spark plugs only complaint is that the coil is built into the distributor has 239k miles and still runs like a beast. Leaks oil off the tappet cover but other than that after 239,000 miles it will take a beating and keep running.

reliability, same engine model as the 240sx

more leg room.

What a little gem!
By Wyo Native

1997 Nissan Truck Regular Cab XE 2dr Regular Cab SB

Bought this little truck about 13 months ago. Had only about 94000 miles on it. The day I looked at it was about 12 below zero and had been for several days. Was doubtful that it would even start. It fired right up. Took it for a short drive and wrote the dealer a check on the spot. Have had no mechanical issues. It makes a great little run about. Drive it back and forth to work to keep from putting miles on my new Subaru. This little truck will be in the family for a long time.

250,000 and still kickin'
By Tom

1997 Nissan Truck Regular Cab XE 2dr Regular Cab SB

I bought my Nissan from my step dad in July of this year, it had 230,000 miles on it. Before that my sister and my brother in law owned it. They had a little problem with it idling and running so when I got it I put some really strong carb cleaner down it and it came to life. Now I'm trying to figure out why it surges on take off from 1st then falls flat on its face, and it doesn't get as good gas mileage as I thought it would. Other than that, it's been an excellent truck.

Fun off road with 2wd, it's still got ice cold air which is the best in FL.

None.

Great Truck
By mrwhite

1997 Nissan Truck Regular Cab XE 2dr Regular Cab SB

I'm the original owner of the 97 XE 2WD pickup. I've only had to replace the alternator, otherwise it's been trouble-free and very reliable. I'm still driving it...will likely be driving it several years from now. :)

I think I got a lemon
By dissapointed

1997 Nissan Truck Regular Cab XE 2dr Regular Cab SB

I bought the truck with 40k miles, and for the next 30k, things went great, after that, the thing has been falling apart. It is a great truck to drive, and it has never left me stranded, but it is nickel and diming me to death. It is getting ready to roll over 100k, and here is a list of things I have replaced: 2 front oxygen sensors, rear oxygen sensor, air intake temp sensor, air intake control valve, and more spark plugs than most v-8 owners. I do realize that some cars are much less reliable, but that is why I didn't buy a freaking daewoo. There are many other parts going bad, and I get 16mpg on the highway. I got 23 until NGK stopped making copper tip plugs. I'm buying a Toyota.

It is a very fun truck to drive, and I have also smoked a lot of civics, which I was very proud of until I found out that it was because most people can't drive manuals.

A longer warranty. It sounds like I would be the only person taking advantage of it, why not?