1997 Nissan Truck XE Extended Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1997 Nissan Truck Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

XE Extended Cab Pickup (2.4L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

View reviews for a specific Truck model:
Best Small Truck
By Martin Leymon on 04/13/10 08:09 AM (PDT)

1997 Nissan Truck Extended Cab XE 2dr Extended Cab SB

Love this truck. It starts in the worst winter conditions unconditionally. It still looks good except for rust that has started at the top of the roof and extends all the way across. I have had several people offer to buy or trade for it since the day I bought it. Very clean and other than general maintenance has been a very solid truck. Would not hesitate to buy a new one. Nissan did this right.

Still Going
By keeper on 04/11/10 13:32 PM (PDT)

1997 Nissan Truck Extended Cab XE 2dr Extended Cab SB

Bought new in 97. Used to tow metro from town to town and for door to door delivery. Put almost 25,000 miles a year first 3 years. Only 2 issues, valve covers started leaking at 12,500, 500 miles out of warranty, and power steering hose runs over alternator. Hose is poorly designed and has been a recurring problem, starts to leak about every 3 years and is quite expensive. If not replaced immediately will leak into alternator and burn it out. Even as a 2wd with about 400# in back gets around good even in moderate snow, ice and mud.

Reliable but no frills
By ed on 05/13/08 13:10 PM (PDT)

1997 Nissan Truck Extended Cab XE 2dr Extended Cab SB

Bought my 1997 Nissan Pickup new when Nissan as clearing them out to make room for the Fronter. It's been a great trunk with no problems, just normal maintenance. which I do myself. Not very good on gas, I average around 21 MPG at times when mostly driving highways 25-26 MPG. Replaced the really weak radio and speakers.

Love this truck!
By technoguy on 04/14/08 05:06 AM (PDT)

1997 Nissan Truck Extended Cab XE 2dr Extended Cab SB

Bought this truck used from one who took very good care of it. It has been a great truck thus far. Would buy again. Willing to trade off it being a bit underpowered at times , loaded on steep hills for dependability and better fuel performance than my one ton truck gas sucking hog.

bullitproof
By famouspotatos on 05/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Nissan Truck Extended Cab XE 2dr Extended Cab SB

This truck has been the most reliable vehicle I have ever owned. It has been through the construction of two homes, two teenagers and it still looks good and runs even better. It has never been in the shop for other than routine maintainence.