1997 Nissan Truck - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Truck model:
Called a Hardbody for a reason
By sonny3bar on 04/19/10 07:50 AM (PDT)

1997 Nissan Truck 2dr Regular Cab SB

This is the second Nissan Hardbody truck that I have owned, 1987 and now 1997. Both trucks were 5 speed manual, 4 cylinder very dependable workhorses. I commute to work and consistently get 20 mpg city. In 225,000+ miles, other than maintenance work, I have only had to replace the alternator, still has the original clutch. This truck and the 1987 had regular maintenance done but were not babied and dependably got the any job asked of them done. These 2WD trucks have hauled bales of shavings stacked over the height of the cab, passed 4WD trucks in 20+ inches of snow and packed around tons of stuff. I would recommend this truck to anyone.

A poor man's "Toyota" pick-up
By Firefighterjake on 11/06/07 10:01 AM (PST)

1997 Nissan Truck 2dr Regular Cab SB

This is the only vehicle I have ever bought brand new and it was only because the dealership had a ton of "stripped not equipped" models that were being sold cheaply. By stripped, I mean there was no radio or even a rear bumper. However, while a bit under-powered this pickup worked well for a number of years and proved to be quite reliable, although it didn't seem to be of the same quality caliber as a comparably sized Toyota pick-up. The gas mileage and handling wasn't all that great either.