1996 Nissan Truck Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Truck model:
Luv that Nissan Truck
By 96 Nissan on 03/01/09 15:18 PM (PST)

1996 Nissan Truck Regular Cab XE 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

Bought mine new. Has 108,000 miles. Nothing to complain about, just change the oil.

Don't judge by the looks
By Joe on 01/28/09 12:50 PM (PST)

1996 Nissan Truck Regular Cab XE 2dr Regular Cab SB

Purchased 7 years ago. Currently has 120,000 miles. Previous owner did no maintenance. Few things had to be replaced. I love this pick-up. No squeaks or rattles. This is my daily driver and is also on second teenager driving. Everyone in the family loves to drive the truck. Also the oldest car we have! Replaced the std radio with CD/MP3 player and 4 speakers and MP3 connection. Gas mileage varies between 20 (city) and 25 (highway). Check Engine light is on half the time, but it goes away again. I just ignore it.

Nicely reliable
By nissanjoe on 09/12/08 11:21 AM (PDT)

1996 Nissan Truck Regular Cab XE 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

I've had this truck more than 10 years/136,000 miles, and it's still reliable. Changed the transmission myself @ ~ 100,000 miles for < $800 - hauled too much gravel for the wimpy 4-cyl. No leaks, no other major problems. Replaced power steering belt, repacked front bearings, headliner is falling apart, other than that, mostly just regular maintenance (oil, brakes, plugs & wires, etc.). I'm always amazed at how well it does in the woods in 4WD (as long as I don't need too much power). Hopefully I'll get 200+ out of it.

War Pony
By sparky on 04/02/08 10:20 AM (PDT)

1996 Nissan Truck Regular Cab XE 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

No major mechanical problems. New starter in 2006. Seldom use 4wd when driving.

Tough little guy
By dave on 09/28/06 17:25 PM (PDT)

1996 Nissan Truck Regular Cab XE 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

Love the truck...Soooo dependable. I use it for construction...and use it hard...does not quit...I owned this truck for 5 yrs.....I change the oil every 9-10,000 miles(lol).....The only thing I ever replaced on the vehicle were tires....

By hillbilly on 09/13/05 23:07 PM (PDT)

1996 Nissan Truck Regular Cab XE 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

10 yrs later, never towed! 4-cyl a bit gutless for 4x4,but a great truck!

Great little truck
By ggwood on 05/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Nissan Truck Regular Cab XE 2dr Regular Cab SB

Nissan is very Reliability. Good for driving to work and used around the house for yard work.

Good Little Truck
By 5thNissan on 05/03/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Nissan Truck Regular Cab XE 2dr Regular Cab SB

This was my fifth Nissan. I trust them. This one got up to 28 miles to the gallon on the highway. I had no problems with it whatsoever. I had one factory recall on it, but that was it. It started, ran and performed always. The only drawback was at 70 miles per hour on the freeway, it kind of taxed it to kick on the air conditioning. The seat could have been more comfortable too.

DARN GOOD
By Abdualla on 03/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Nissan Truck Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SB

The truck has 140K on it and still runs like a rock. It's not as strong as a silverado but sure runs better than an S10 or a Ranger. I would never buy an american truck unless it's a V8.

reliable transportation
By CWMmmm on 03/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Nissan Truck Regular Cab XE 2dr Regular Cab SB

This truck is essentially bullet proof. The engine will go for 200k plus miles with proper care (oil change and timing chain every 90,000 miles should cover it). What it lacks in horse power it makes up for in torque. The auto trany is smooth shifting. It Handles well and is stable, even better with a few upgrades. Bottom line: I had one recall performed and zero unexpected mechanical problems in six years of ownership. I couldn't ask for a more dependable vehicle.