Used 1996 Nissan Truck XE Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1996 Nissan Truck - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Truck model:

Most Reliable Thing I have ever owned!
By M. Chech

1996 Nissan Truck XE 2dr Extended Cab SB

This truck was great to me I had fun driving it. I bought it in 2003 I had 2 Nissan pickups prior to buying this one I bought this for work it had 46,000 miles on it in 2003 from an Old couple(If your reading this thank you for selling me this great truck) it had no problems I did normal oil changes and other routine stuff to keep it in tip top shape and the only problem I had with it was when i had to get a Master air flow sensor about 5 months ago and it went back to running great as it always has it had about 139,000 miles on it I was planning on driving it to at least 300,000 miles like i did with my old one but my stupid son made me sell it 3 weeks ago. I Regret selling my truck.

The smooth drive, interior and exterior design the super spacious bed and the power it had for a 4 cylinder auto trans truck. I loved everything about it.

The back seats

most dependable 4 cyl ever
By chad honeycutt

1996 Nissan Truck XE 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought this truck in 02 with 160000 miles.It now has 457000 miles with original engine.The only major thing I have replaced is the manual transmission at 377000 miles.It does finally leak a little oil but go figure.I plan to drive it till it quits.I would not be surprised to see 600000!!!

durable engine

better stereo

I Love The Truck!!
By Linda Niederhauser

1996 Nissan Truck XE 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought the truck from my stepson to take my husband to the doctor. It was easier for him to get in and out. He passed away, a month later. Anyway , that's the best and first truck I ever owned. I enjoy driving it, and I have driven it hard, to New York, Kentucky and back twice already. The only trouble recently was the emissions light came on and stayed, even after having it in the garage twice. I just left the garage again, this time they changed a valve. I hope this will fix it. I do enjoy driving it very much. It's very sporty and I love the color.

Love the color, low to the ground, plenty of pep, glad it has overdrive, easy to handle. I've had a lot of guys ask me if I want to sell it, and my answer is NO.

More comfortable seats would be nice and I wish my radio was stereo.

11 years and a lot of life left
By Eric

1996 Nissan Truck XE 2dr Extended Cab SB

Got this truck in college, and I've driven it for 155,000 miles. I won't get rid of it. In all that time, I've just changed brakes, oil, radiator fluid etc. I've only had a problem with the Mass Air Flow sensor ($400 for a new one). Aside from that, never had a reliability problem. The only hassle with this truck is that it requires a somewhat obscure GL4 transmission fluid. I've never been able to buy it in stores, so I use GL5.

Best feature? How about a cheap, durable, and reliable. Not having a payment, and not having to constantly sink money into it is a very nice feature.

You can buy a used CD player from an older Xterra as a bolt-in replacement for the stock CD player. No need to mess with the harness. You just lose that little "stuff pocket" under the old stereo.

Great truck
By Joe Elbl

1996 Nissan Truck XE 2dr Extended Cab SB

Great truck, got in in college 4 years ago and can't let it go. The only repair is a new alternator. Its got 133,000 on it right now and I don't see it giving out any time soon. 22Hwy/20CTY. I think I am going to shoot for 300,000.

Reliablity, MPG, AC/AUTO