1996 Nissan Truck - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Truck model:
Most Reliable Thing I have ever owned!
By M. Chech on 06/22/10 13:58 PM (PDT)

1996 Nissan Truck XE 2dr Extended Cab SB

This truck was great to me I had fun driving it. I bought it in 2003 I had 2 Nissan pickups prior to buying this one I bought this for work it had 46,000 miles on it in 2003 from an Old couple(If your reading this thank you for selling me this great truck) it had no problems I did normal oil changes and other routine stuff to keep it in tip top shape and the only problem I had with it was when i had to get a Master air flow sensor about 5 months ago and it went back to running great as it always has it had about 139,000 miles on it I was planning on driving it to at least 300,000 miles like i did with my old one but my stupid son made me sell it 3 weeks ago. I Regret selling my truck.

most dependable 4 cyl ever
By chad honeycutt on 09/15/09 21:51 PM (PDT)

1996 Nissan Truck XE 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought this truck in 02 with 160000 miles.It now has 457000 miles with original engine.The only major thing I have replaced is the manual transmission at 377000 miles.It does finally leak a little oil but go figure.I plan to drive it till it quits.I would not be surprised to see 600000!!!

Luv that Nissan Truck
By 96 Nissan on 03/01/09 15:18 PM (PST)

1996 Nissan Truck XE 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

Bought mine new. Has 108,000 miles. Nothing to complain about, just change the oil.

Don't judge by the looks
By Joe on 01/28/09 12:50 PM (PST)

1996 Nissan Truck XE 2dr Regular Cab SB

Purchased 7 years ago. Currently has 120,000 miles. Previous owner did no maintenance. Few things had to be replaced. I love this pick-up. No squeaks or rattles. This is my daily driver and is also on second teenager driving. Everyone in the family loves to drive the truck. Also the oldest car we have! Replaced the std radio with CD/MP3 player and 4 speakers and MP3 connection. Gas mileage varies between 20 (city) and 25 (highway). Check Engine light is on half the time, but it goes away again. I just ignore it.

208K Miles and Counting
By Rick on 01/08/09 07:38 AM (PST)

1996 Nissan Truck SE 2dr Extended Cab SB

I purchased this truck when it was 4 years old and still own it in 2009. All in all, it has been a very good truck throughout the years and it's still getting me around. Hoping to get 300,000 miles on it, we will see. Headliner began to droop a couple of years ago, but that is a minor thing. I've replaced alternator, brakes, etc., but so far nothing major.

Nicely reliable
By nissanjoe on 09/12/08 11:21 AM (PDT)

1996 Nissan Truck XE 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

I've had this truck more than 10 years/136,000 miles, and it's still reliable. Changed the transmission myself @ ~ 100,000 miles for < $800 - hauled too much gravel for the wimpy 4-cyl. No leaks, no other major problems. Replaced power steering belt, repacked front bearings, headliner is falling apart, other than that, mostly just regular maintenance (oil, brakes, plugs & wires, etc.). I'm always amazed at how well it does in the woods in 4WD (as long as I don't need too much power). Hopefully I'll get 200+ out of it.

War Pony
By sparky on 04/02/08 10:20 AM (PDT)

1996 Nissan Truck XE 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

No major mechanical problems. New starter in 2006. Seldom use 4wd when driving.

I Love The Truck!!
By Linda Niederhauser on 06/08/07 13:27 PM (PDT)

1996 Nissan Truck XE 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought the truck from my stepson to take my husband to the doctor. It was easier for him to get in and out. He passed away, a month later. Anyway , that's the best and first truck I ever owned. I enjoy driving it, and I have driven it hard, to New York, Kentucky and back twice already. The only trouble recently was the emissions light came on and stayed, even after having it in the garage twice. I just left the garage again, this time they changed a valve. I hope this will fix it. I do enjoy driving it very much. It's very sporty and I love the color.

11 years and a lot of life left
By Eric on 05/26/07 16:56 PM (PDT)

1996 Nissan Truck XE 2dr Extended Cab SB

Got this truck in college, and I've driven it for 155,000 miles. I won't get rid of it. In all that time, I've just changed brakes, oil, radiator fluid etc. I've only had a problem with the Mass Air Flow sensor ($400 for a new one). Aside from that, never had a reliability problem. The only hassle with this truck is that it requires a somewhat obscure GL4 transmission fluid. I've never been able to buy it in stores, so I use GL5.

Great Truck
By Yammer on 01/01/07 17:06 PM (PST)

1996 Nissan Truck SE 2dr Extended Cab SB

I still have it and I am going to drive it until the truck turns to dust. I like the truck I do not think I will get another Nissan but this one is great!