Used 1996 Nissan Truck Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1996 Nissan Truck - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Truck model:

Most Reliable Thing I have ever owned!
By M. Chech

1996 Nissan Truck XE 2dr Extended Cab SB

This truck was great to me I had fun driving it. I bought it in 2003 I had 2 Nissan pickups prior to buying this one I bought this for work it had 46,000 miles on it in 2003 from an Old couple(If your reading this thank you for selling me this great truck) it had no problems I did normal oil changes and other routine stuff to keep it in tip top shape and the only problem I had with it was when i had to get a Master air flow sensor about 5 months ago and it went back to running great as it always has it had about 139,000 miles on it I was planning on driving it to at least 300,000 miles like i did with my old one but my stupid son made me sell it 3 weeks ago. I Regret selling my truck.

Favorite Features

The smooth drive, interior and exterior design the super spacious bed and the power it had for a 4 cylinder auto trans truck. I loved everything about it.

Suggested Improvements

The back seats

most dependable 4 cyl ever
By chad honeycutt

1996 Nissan Truck XE 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought this truck in 02 with 160000 miles.It now has 457000 miles with original engine.The only major thing I have replaced is the manual transmission at 377000 miles.It does finally leak a little oil but go figure.I plan to drive it till it quits.I would not be surprised to see 600000!!!

Favorite Features

durable engine

Suggested Improvements

better stereo

Luv that Nissan Truck
By 96 Nissan

1996 Nissan Truck XE 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

Bought mine new. Has 108,000 miles. Nothing to complain about, just change the oil.

Favorite Features

Exterior styling, 4x4 clearance

Suggested Improvements

better speakers, better gas mileage. Wished they built a 6-cyl that year.

Don't judge by the looks
By Joe

1996 Nissan Truck XE 2dr Regular Cab SB

Purchased 7 years ago. Currently has 120,000 miles. Previous owner did no maintenance. Few things had to be replaced. I love this pick-up. No squeaks or rattles. This is my daily driver and is also on second teenager driving. Everyone in the family loves to drive the truck. Also the oldest car we have! Replaced the std radio with CD/MP3 player and 4 speakers and MP3 connection. Gas mileage varies between 20 (city) and 25 (highway). Check Engine light is on half the time, but it goes away again. I just ignore it.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage, comfort, easy steering, reliability, space, etc.

Suggested Improvements

Slow, but with teenagers driving I should maybe move it to favourite feature!

208K Miles and Counting
By Rick

1996 Nissan Truck SE 2dr Extended Cab SB

I purchased this truck when it was 4 years old and still own it in 2009. All in all, it has been a very good truck throughout the years and it's still getting me around. Hoping to get 300,000 miles on it, we will see. Headliner began to droop a couple of years ago, but that is a minor thing. I've replaced alternator, brakes, etc., but so far nothing major.

Favorite Features

Cruise Control

Suggested Improvements

Mileage