1995 Nissan Truck Consumer Review: One Tough Little Truck

1995 Nissan Truck - Consumer Review

XE Extended Cab Pickup (2.4L 4-cyl. 4x4 5-speed Manual)

One Tough Little Truck
By Brian on

1995 Nissan Truck XE 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Bought this baby new back in college. 200,000 miles and 12 yrs later, I still don't want to part with it. I wanted a Toyota, but they wanted $5K more for one. I was never crazy about the 4 cylinder, but it was all I could afford at the time. I changed the oil religiously. I towed many thousands of miles--sometimes a 3000 lb 20 foot runabout, hauled countless loads of firewood and rock, buried it over the front bumper in mud, had the back tires 3 feet off the ground, and it just keeps going. The 5 speed made the truck--keep the rpms up and she'll do most anything you need her to. Decent enough mileage for a 4x4-- 19ish, still the best designed jump seats ever in an extended cab pickup.

5 speed tranny and low gears. Very nice bucket seats. Great jump seats. Simplicity that doesn't have much fancy stuff that can break. Go anywhere in 4 wheel drive, with the front axle engaged--3 feet snow was no problem. Keep the oil fresh and gas in the tank and it'll just keep going. Tough!

No cup holders--no big deal, the center console has a rectangular storage compartment that works just fine. Valves ticked when it wanted an oil change--kind of a good thing. Paint started to flake a little after 10 years outside. If reliability can be maintained, more power would have been nice.