Used 1995 Nissan Truck Consumer Reviews - 51 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Nissan Truck - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Truck model:

best truck ever
By traveling nurseaid

1995 Nissan Truck XE 2dr Extended Cab SB

Have driven this truck in lots of terrain, highway and city and just love it. I don't have a heavy foot, except on a very straight empty stretch of highway and I average 28 MPG on highway. Not bad for a truck. Have 160000 miles on it and only exchanged the drive belts and battery and the tires, and of course the oil. I am looking at buying a newer car, but when I hear that 32 mpg in a sedan is considered great gas mileage I step back. I can almost get this in my PU truck. Been in several accidents, three times rear ended, once a seven car pile up on the freeway, with my kids in the extended cab. We were the only ones driving away. I feel very safe in it. Handles great, has small turn radius.

MPG, heavy duty construction, reliability, low cost of ownership, smooth shifting. Everything is mechanical, not electric.

CD player, fold down seats in back rattle too much, cup holder.

Love this picktup!!
By Niblik

1995 Nissan Truck XE V6 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought this pickup with 14000 miles and it now has 214000 miles. This pickup runs better with weight in the back. So smooth. I have replaced a few items, like a/c compressor, timing belt, alternator and that is about it. It still has the original muffler and clutch!! Very well built vehicle. Best vehicle I have ever owned. Although, I am thinking of getting a full size pickup and might end up selling this in the near future. Check Craig's List in the future in you want it.

Towing capability. I have hauled rock, dirt, mulch and towed atv's and a u- haul trailer (over weight) with no problems. She loved the weight.

Cup holders!! I need cup holders. Other than that, I wouldn't change anything.

Rotten Frameq
By Mark

1995 Nissan Truck XE 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Nissan trucks have a problem with the frame. The frame rots out. Unbelievable. The frame on the truck should not rust out. Told by my mechanic to junk it because of the rotted out frame. Unlike Toyota that made a deal with owners, Nissan basically just said caveat emptor, i.e. buyer beware. Kept having to repair the E-brake. E-brake kept getting clogged and need to be cleaned.

Solid engine.

Build a frame that lasts.

Proud Owner of a Nissan Hardbody
By Matthew

1995 Nissan Truck XE 2dr Regular Cab SB

I purchased this vehicle brand new and after 14 years of ownership, I have to say that I would not give this up. This truck is very dependable and cost of ownership can not be beaten. I have abused this vehicle more than enough times by hauling over its weight limit and towed more past its capacity and it has never failed me once. Maintainability has been very cheap. Only had to replace suspension bushings, and shocks along with the scheduled oil changes. From my standpoint, I will keep driving this truck until the wheels fall off.

Awesome hauling and towing capability, driveability is great, cost of ownership is marvelous and can't be beaten, I think.

More passing power when at highway speeds

One Tough Little Truck
By Brian

1995 Nissan Truck XE 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Bought this baby new back in college. 200,000 miles and 12 yrs later, I still don't want to part with it. I wanted a Toyota, but they wanted $5K more for one. I was never crazy about the 4 cylinder, but it was all I could afford at the time. I changed the oil religiously. I towed many thousands of miles--sometimes a 3000 lb 20 foot runabout, hauled countless loads of firewood and rock, buried it over the front bumper in mud, had the back tires 3 feet off the ground, and it just keeps going. The 5 speed made the truck--keep the rpms up and she'll do most anything you need her to. Decent enough mileage for a 4x4-- 19ish, still the best designed jump seats ever in an extended cab pickup.

5 speed tranny and low gears. Very nice bucket seats. Great jump seats. Simplicity that doesn't have much fancy stuff that can break. Go anywhere in 4 wheel drive, with the front axle engaged--3 feet snow was no problem. Keep the oil fresh and gas in the tank and it'll just keep going. Tough!

No cup holders--no big deal, the center console has a rectangular storage compartment that works just fine. Valves ticked when it wanted an oil change--kind of a good thing. Paint started to flake a little after 10 years outside. If reliability can be maintained, more power would have been nice.