Used 1995 Nissan Truck Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Nissan Truck - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Truck model:

Truly tough truck
By Hard Hardbody

1995 Nissan Truck XE V6 2dr Extended Cab SB

I have owned this truck for about six years, and have added an additional 100k to the original 85,000 miles. I have been in two wrecks with it, and sent both of the other vehicles away on flatbed wreckers before I drove this truck to the body shop. TRULY a HARD body. Holds its value too. I was shocked to find out that after the last wreck with 185,000 miles and 11 years behind it the insurance company did NOT total it. They did over 2000 dollars of repairs to it. It just keeps on going and going, and going! I wish they would bring it back into production, as I really hate the Frontier. Only toy trucks are built with plastic.

Favorite Features

I can't name them all in this short little block, so suffice to say it is going to be with me until it dies in the road, OR UNTIL I DIE MORE LIKELY.

Suggested Improvements

I agree that a cupholder would have drastically improved the interior, also a center console more like what the 1995 Pathfinder had. It was taller, and deeper.

good truck
By bellymurf

1995 Nissan Truck XE 2dr Regular Cab SB

engine is not too peppy. driven this car for 4 years almost no repairs needed.

Favorite Features

long from front to back. very stable on a long road trip. Almost no repairs are needed over long periods of time and lots of miles. Very reliable. You can count on this truck.

Suggested Improvements

The down side to this vehicle is the suspension system.

Best model ever designed
By Jason

1995 Nissan Truck SE V6 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

0 problems in 196,000 miles except cracked exhaust manifold, i've worked the truck hard rev 6000 rpm for considerable time, also drove in city, interstate and tough offroad. I get 17- 21 mpg. I will not ever sell, transmission will work better with extra cooler installed. VG3.0 is a great engine, just change oil and spark plugs the rest will work forever!!! Whoever requested push button 4x4 is wrong, best thing is shifting into it!!

Favorite Features

auto locking hubs, sunroof

Suggested Improvements

cup holder, just use space between center console and seat will work,

tuff truck
By mikes xe

1995 Nissan Truck XE 2dr Regular Cab SB

I have just bought a new 2005 nissan truck to replace my 1995 nissan xe- pickup...Now my 1995 has 299,000 miles on it and still runs good..I feel that I really have received my moneys-worth on this truck.. the truck still has a 5- speed that hasn't needed to ever be replaced..The rear brakes are the same...Even the AC works great!!! This has been a great truck to own and I hope that my 2005 will give me the Great service that the 1995 has brought me!!!!

underpowed reliable truck
By ex nissan dude

1995 Nissan Truck XE 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

owned one 10 years. it got 17 miles a gallon with a 4cyl engine my new truck has a 8cyl and gets 19-21 mpg. it never broke down, but was uncomfortable to drive (i am over 6ft), was noisy, underpowered (esp. on hills) and had minor mfg defects (you could not roll down the windows and then role them back up at highway speed without the window jaming before it make it all of the way back up)

Favorite Features

exterior styling

Suggested Improvements

bigger engine and interior. nissan has done both