Used 1995 Nissan Truck Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Nissan Truck - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Truck model:

Great truck for cheap
By Is

1995 Nissan Truck 2dr Regular Cab SB

Needed a truck for regular home owner stuff. Found this a few years ago for cheap. It's been a great truck.

cheap, reliable

I live in the southeast and running the AC in the summer makes it want to overheat. Also, the speedometer has failed somewhere around 80k (it fluctuates). I think it's a common problem with these.

I Love Nissans
By The Shaw King

1995 Nissan Truck XE V6 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

This truck is awesome! I bought it with 49,000 miles on it and I now have 100K. I have had not one problem with this truck. The only thing that I have done is change the oil. I have spent $0 on repairs. The guy I bought it from ran 10w-30 fully synthetic and I continued to do as well. It doesn't leak or burn oil. I have taken this truck and buried it in mud and lakes and had to get pulled out by AAA. The truck is stock except I bought new wheels and 31" tires. 0 Problems. I think that it is amazing and would recommend this to anyone. I have owned a 87 sentra, 89 maxima, 95 hardbody, 90 300ZXTT with only 29,000 miles. I have had no problems with any of them. Nissans are the best!

RELIABILITY! RELIABILITY! The way it looks. The offroad capabilities. I pretty much love everything about it.

I know the truck is now 11 years. I wish it had more power but with what it has it does fine. Cup Holder (obviously). Gas mileage could be a little better.

Truly tough truck
By Hard Hardbody

1995 Nissan Truck XE V6 2dr Extended Cab SB

I have owned this truck for about six years, and have added an additional 100k to the original 85,000 miles. I have been in two wrecks with it, and sent both of the other vehicles away on flatbed wreckers before I drove this truck to the body shop. TRULY a HARD body. Holds its value too. I was shocked to find out that after the last wreck with 185,000 miles and 11 years behind it the insurance company did NOT total it. They did over 2000 dollars of repairs to it. It just keeps on going and going, and going! I wish they would bring it back into production, as I really hate the Frontier. Only toy trucks are built with plastic.

I can't name them all in this short little block, so suffice to say it is going to be with me until it dies in the road, OR UNTIL I DIE MORE LIKELY.

I agree that a cupholder would have drastically improved the interior, also a center console more like what the 1995 Pathfinder had. It was taller, and deeper.

good truck
By bellymurf

1995 Nissan Truck XE 2dr Regular Cab SB

engine is not too peppy. driven this car for 4 years almost no repairs needed.

long from front to back. very stable on a long road trip. Almost no repairs are needed over long periods of time and lots of miles. Very reliable. You can count on this truck.

The down side to this vehicle is the suspension system.

Best model ever designed
By Jason

1995 Nissan Truck SE V6 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

0 problems in 196,000 miles except cracked exhaust manifold, i've worked the truck hard rev 6000 rpm for considerable time, also drove in city, interstate and tough offroad. I get 17- 21 mpg. I will not ever sell, transmission will work better with extra cooler installed. VG3.0 is a great engine, just change oil and spark plugs the rest will work forever!!! Whoever requested push button 4x4 is wrong, best thing is shifting into it!!

auto locking hubs, sunroof

cup holder, just use space between center console and seat will work,