Used 1995 Nissan Truck Regular Cab Consumer Reviews - 21 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Nissan Truck Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Truck model:

Great truck for cheap
By Is

1995 Nissan Truck Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SB

Needed a truck for regular home owner stuff. Found this a few years ago for cheap. It's been a great truck.

cheap, reliable

I live in the southeast and running the AC in the summer makes it want to overheat. Also, the speedometer has failed somewhere around 80k (it fluctuates). I think it's a common problem with these.

good truck
By bellymurf

1995 Nissan Truck Regular Cab XE 2dr Regular Cab SB

engine is not too peppy. driven this car for 4 years almost no repairs needed.

long from front to back. very stable on a long road trip. Almost no repairs are needed over long periods of time and lots of miles. Very reliable. You can count on this truck.

The down side to this vehicle is the suspension system.

tuff truck
By mikes xe

1995 Nissan Truck Regular Cab XE 2dr Regular Cab SB

I have just bought a new 2005 nissan truck to replace my 1995 nissan xe- pickup...Now my 1995 has 299,000 miles on it and still runs good..I feel that I really have received my moneys-worth on this truck.. the truck still has a 5- speed that hasn't needed to ever be replaced..The rear brakes are the same...Even the AC works great!!! This has been a great truck to own and I hope that my 2005 will give me the Great service that the 1995 has brought me!!!!

Great all-around Compact Truck
By Perrin66

1995 Nissan Truck Regular Cab XE 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

I love to 4X4, and this little beast does great. The gearing in 4Lo is perfect for the windy little 2.4L. Gas mileage is about as good as it gets (drive her easy and you get 300+ miles per tank) but if you want to play in the mudd, then well, don't expect more than 17. The engine is reliable (I like to think of it as just the right truck for taking a camping trip). Me, my beautiful wife, our important gear in the rear extended cab, and the rest of it in the back. Heck, you can even sleep in the bed (and for you all who can't hold it through the night, it does have a plastic liner;) All-in-all, you've got a fantastic Go anywhere truck that has more power than the other 4 bangers offered in 95.

Toyota like lasting quality. All the bang for you buck. Engine reliability, enough power to play and have money left over. Great usability (especially with a stick). Eats hills like Like Fat B (think Austin Powers) eats babies. Most power offered in a 4 cyl in 1995, not overly shadowed by the new.

Beefier wheels and tires. More power is always nice. Better sterio (PLEASE!)

Great Truck!
By sb27

I have owned a 1995 Nissan truck for 7
years. I just can't say enough about
it. It has been a wonderful pickup. I
have put 202,000 miles on it. It has
only had minor mechanical problems. In
fact the most expensive repair has been
1 clutch replacement ($500). It still
runs and drives as good as it did when
I purchased it. I will be trading it in
soon for another Nissan truck. Again I
just can't praise it enough.

Electric mirrors, which were not offered on the XE in 1996.

The only Improvement necessary is the Air conditioner. The compressors do not handle R134a refrigerant very well. In slow traffic and at idle the air conditioners blow warm air.