Used 1995 Nissan Truck XE V6 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Nissan Truck - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Truck model:

Love this picktup!!
By Niblik

1995 Nissan Truck XE V6 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought this pickup with 14000 miles and it now has 214000 miles. This pickup runs better with weight in the back. So smooth. I have replaced a few items, like a/c compressor, timing belt, alternator and that is about it. It still has the original muffler and clutch!! Very well built vehicle. Best vehicle I have ever owned. Although, I am thinking of getting a full size pickup and might end up selling this in the near future. Check Craig's List in the future in you want it.

Favorite Features

Towing capability. I have hauled rock, dirt, mulch and towed atv's and a u- haul trailer (over weight) with no problems. She loved the weight.

Suggested Improvements

Cup holders!! I need cup holders. Other than that, I wouldn't change anything.

Truly tough truck
By Hard Hardbody

1995 Nissan Truck XE V6 2dr Extended Cab SB

I have owned this truck for about six years, and have added an additional 100k to the original 85,000 miles. I have been in two wrecks with it, and sent both of the other vehicles away on flatbed wreckers before I drove this truck to the body shop. TRULY a HARD body. Holds its value too. I was shocked to find out that after the last wreck with 185,000 miles and 11 years behind it the insurance company did NOT total it. They did over 2000 dollars of repairs to it. It just keeps on going and going, and going! I wish they would bring it back into production, as I really hate the Frontier. Only toy trucks are built with plastic.

Favorite Features

I can't name them all in this short little block, so suffice to say it is going to be with me until it dies in the road, OR UNTIL I DIE MORE LIKELY.

Suggested Improvements

I agree that a cupholder would have drastically improved the interior, also a center console more like what the 1995 Pathfinder had. It was taller, and deeper.

By T Jones

1995 Nissan Truck XE V6 2dr Extended Cab SB

Bought it brand new in Sep 1995. Currently have over 200,000 miles. I have no complaints on the reliability and mechanical performance of my nissan. I seem to get a little better gas mileage, approximately 22 mpg, after I put in a K&N air filter. And I would agree with the other reviewers' in that a cupholder would have been nice. Being that I am 6'2", it would have been nicer to have a bit more leg room.

Favorite Features

Exterior look of truck. Truly fits its name-Hardbody.

Suggested Improvements

None really, very well made truck

Super reliable, great looks!
By hellow

1995 Nissan Truck XE V6 2dr Extended Cab SB

I love this truck! I'll probably keep this p/u forever because it will probably run forever. Lots of power--it really takes off when you hit the gas. Surprisingly good gas mileage, even for an auto. Very few problems--only the alternator has been replaced, and had some minor electrical problems w/ the tail lights--replaced those and it's been excellent ever since.

Favorite Features

V6 engine is truely a treat! Quick, agile (for a p/u), great looking!

Suggested Improvements

Watch out for electrical problems on these. I forgot earlier, but I also had an electical problem w/ the dash board--kept blowing fuses. Easy enough fix for the dealership, but frustrating!

A Great Little Truck
By phil441

1995 Nissan Truck XE V6 2dr Extended Cab SB

This truck has served me well for many years. A few months ago I turned it over to my teen-age daughter to drive to college. She immediately totalled it (sheet metal) in an accident. I told my insurance adjuster I wanted it rebuilt because I knew what it was and how it had been treated. I was very willing to give up a couple thousand settlement dollars to keep this little jewel in the family.

Favorite Features

Constant fuel consumption. Exactly 20 MPG in mixed driving.

Suggested Improvements

At leat a cup holder for the driver.