Used 1995 Nissan Truck XE Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Nissan Truck - Consumer Reviews

1995 Nissan Truck

View reviews for a specific Truck model:

best truck ever
By traveling nurseaid

1995 Nissan Truck XE 2dr Extended Cab SB

Have driven this truck in lots of terrain, highway and city and just love it. I don't have a heavy foot, except on a very straight empty stretch of highway and I average 28 MPG on highway. Not bad for a truck. Have 160000 miles on it and only exchanged the drive belts and battery and the tires, and of course the oil. I am looking at buying a newer car, but when I hear that 32 mpg in a sedan is considered great gas mileage I step back. I can almost get this in my PU truck. Been in several accidents, three times rear ended, once a seven car pile up on the freeway, with my kids in the extended cab. We were the only ones driving away. I feel very safe in it. Handles great, has small turn radius.

Favorite Features

MPG, heavy duty construction, reliability, low cost of ownership, smooth shifting. Everything is mechanical, not electric.

Suggested Improvements

CD player, fold down seats in back rattle too much, cup holder.

Very dependable little truck
By fortykin

1995 Nissan Truck XE 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought this truck new and have been very pleased with it. It's rather basic with it's 4 cyl and 5-speed but it carries itself very well and is good on gas (26 hwy-same as when I bought it.). I've done little than routine maintenance and the only "big" dollar items I've bought have been a pair of front brake rotors at about 165,000. It's never been in a mechanic's shop. My kids can ride in the back with ease, but they will soon be outgrowing that. I'm scoping out a later model Nissan with more creature comforts but will probably keep this one since it'll probably never wear out and no one will give me what I think it's worth.

Favorite Features

Solid drive train, sporty yet practical. 4 cyl with 5-speed gives good mileage and adequate performance.

Suggested Improvements

Cup holders. Neater route for draining engine oil. PCV valve is difficult to get to.