Used 1995 Nissan Truck Consumer Reviews - 50 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Nissan Truck - Consumer Reviews

1995 Nissan Truck

View reviews for a specific Truck model:

The little truck that could.
By Charles

1995 Nissan Truck XE 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

This truck is pretty much unkillable.... It was and still is my first truck and I ran it hard. I'm talking airborne, redlining, hauling, towing, drifting, crashing, commuting, ect. It did it all. At around 280,000 miles it was stolen, taken on a weeklong off-road joyride, and abandoned in the snow for another week. Once recovered, I still drove it home. It's not fast or super flashy, but I and anyone who has seen her in action will testify to its sheer capability.

Bulletproof reliability
By Dawson

1995 Nissan Truck XE 2dr Regular Cab SB

Outstanding reliability; only 2 repairs in 20 years: starter at about 12 years and alternator at about 15 years. Otherwise, only routine maintenance. Tows and hauls way more than you would have thought for a 4 cylinder engine. Still runs like a top at 163,000 and 20 yrs.

Why don't they make these anymore?
By Eric Soyke

1995 Nissan Truck XE V6 2dr Extended Cab SB

Dependable little truck. I have no idea why all auto makers suddenly decided everyone wanted a big truck, I like having a small maneuverable truck. The Nissan Frontier gets the same mileage today as it did 20+ years ago?

This thing has 200K and the original clutch is still going strong. Few small issues that I was able to repair myself over the past 20 years with a couple exceptions. I rated instrumentation 'Poor' because the tach has been broken for years, and the odometer only registers miles about half the time now. But apart from normal maintenance, I've probably spent maybe $1000 in repairs over two decades- pretty nice.

I'd like a crew cab as my son is now too big for the rear jumpseats unless it's a short trip around town. But I won't trade until their new ones bump up their mileage. For the mix of decent enough mileage, reliability, a peppy V-6, it's a great truck value.

1995 Nissan Pickup SE v-6 4x4 trans issues
By Colt M.

1995 Nissan Truck SE V6 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

The little pick up is a great truck, fun to drive and will go anywhere. The only problem I have with mine is the Vehicle Speed Sensor (vss) keeps breaking inside the transmission and I don't know why. I bought 3 of them valued at $120 a piece and will put the new one in, it will work great for about 5 miles and then break inside the trans. Gets real old real fast replacing a small part that keeps breaking. Now the check engine light is on which doesn't bother me. Over all the truck is awesome, slap some MTs or some aggressive ATs tires and its ready to go anywhere. Being a 4x4 v6 with 31/10.50R15 tires it gets ok mileage. Being an ext cab is has great leg room up front but the 2 back seats are small and is uncomfortable for even a kid to sit back there, great for storage tho.

Best car I've ever owned!
By Matt

1995 Nissan Truck XE 2dr Regular Cab SB

My dad bought the 95 Nissan truck for $10,500 in 1996 when I was 16 years old. In 2006 he gave it to me, and now at 34 years old, I still drive it everyday as my primary vehicle to and from work. Currently it has 180,000 miles on it and is showing no signs of slowing down. Besides routine maintenance and replacements, in almost 10 years I've only replaced the starter and power steering pump. Everything still works, including the tape deck, A/C, heater, speakers. I wax her twice a year and the paint has held its own with no signs of rust. Blue Book estimates this car is only worth about $1,500. To me, I know I can get several more years out of her. My son is five, and I'm thinking I might be able to give it to him when he turns 16. If you can find one, buy it!