1995 Nissan Truck - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Truck model:
FANTASTIC TRUCK
By 4thest8 on 06/14/12 10:21 AM (PDT)

1995 Nissan Truck XE 2dr Regular Cab SB

I purchased this truck from the second owner with 151K miles. I have driven it to 168k and had absolutely no problems with it. Installed bucket seats from a 95 Pathfinder ... recovered the headliner and installed 16" aluminum wheels and it looks like new. AC is original and will freeze you out. Engine runs smooth and quiet - especially for a 4 cyl. - and has never let me down. Small oil leak was fixed with a new valve cover gasket. This is a Colorado truck, so no rusty frame issues. If you can find one - but it. You won't be disappointed.

Busted frame
By Larry on 01/30/10 17:45 PM (PST)

1995 Nissan Truck XE V6 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Do not buy! The truck frame is rusted through - cracked from the front wheel to back wheel. The engine, transmission, body are still good but the frame broke. Do some research and you will find Nissan trucks and Pathfinders have bad frame metallurgy and the frame is likely to break long before the engine.

Great Truck
By NE Truck on 11/21/09 19:24 PM (PST)

1995 Nissan Truck SE V6 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Bought it with 89K miles in 2001. I have 198K miles as of 11/2009. V6 burns NO oil, but leaks alittle. Auto trans was newly rebuilt when I bought it in 2001. Auto trans are a weak link so I put in a trans cooler the first week and have had no problems. 100% reliable truck. I replaced the exhaust studs(weak link) when I changed the timing belts at 100K as a matter of routine. I change the oil(Mobile 1) every 5K miles and all fluids every 50K. Water pump went at 180K all elts still original. SE model has everything and everything still work like new. Body starting to rust due to NH salt in winter. Will by a Frontier when this one goes.

best truck ever
By traveling nurseaid on 10/02/09 17:54 PM (PDT)

1995 Nissan Truck XE 2dr Extended Cab SB

Have driven this truck in lots of terrain, highway and city and just love it. I don't have a heavy foot, except on a very straight empty stretch of highway and I average 28 MPG on highway. Not bad for a truck. Have 160000 miles on it and only exchanged the drive belts and battery and the tires, and of course the oil. I am looking at buying a newer car, but when I hear that 32 mpg in a sedan is considered great gas mileage I step back. I can almost get this in my PU truck. Been in several accidents, three times rear ended, once a seven car pile up on the freeway, with my kids in the extended cab. We were the only ones driving away. I feel very safe in it. Handles great, has small turn radius.

Love this picktup!!
By Niblik on 08/04/09 12:17 PM (PDT)

1995 Nissan Truck XE V6 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought this pickup with 14000 miles and it now has 214000 miles. This pickup runs better with weight in the back. So smooth. I have replaced a few items, like a/c compressor, timing belt, alternator and that is about it. It still has the original muffler and clutch!! Very well built vehicle. Best vehicle I have ever owned. Although, I am thinking of getting a full size pickup and might end up selling this in the near future. Check Craig's List in the future in you want it.

Rotten Frameq
By Mark on 07/08/09 07:58 AM (PDT)

1995 Nissan Truck XE 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Nissan trucks have a problem with the frame. The frame rots out. Unbelievable. The frame on the truck should not rust out. Told by my mechanic to junk it because of the rotted out frame. Unlike Toyota that made a deal with owners, Nissan basically just said caveat emptor, i.e. buyer beware. Kept having to repair the E-brake. E-brake kept getting clogged and need to be cleaned.

Proud Owner of a Nissan Hardbody
By Matthew on 11/16/08 03:02 AM (PST)

1995 Nissan Truck XE 2dr Regular Cab SB

I purchased this vehicle brand new and after 14 years of ownership, I have to say that I would not give this up. This truck is very dependable and cost of ownership can not be beaten. I have abused this vehicle more than enough times by hauling over its weight limit and towed more past its capacity and it has never failed me once. Maintainability has been very cheap. Only had to replace suspension bushings, and shocks along with the scheduled oil changes. From my standpoint, I will keep driving this truck until the wheels fall off.

One Tough Little Truck
By Brian on 02/08/07 13:01 PM (PST)

1995 Nissan Truck XE 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Bought this baby new back in college. 200,000 miles and 12 yrs later, I still don't want to part with it. I wanted a Toyota, but they wanted $5K more for one. I was never crazy about the 4 cylinder, but it was all I could afford at the time. I changed the oil religiously. I towed many thousands of miles--sometimes a 3000 lb 20 foot runabout, hauled countless loads of firewood and rock, buried it over the front bumper in mud, had the back tires 3 feet off the ground, and it just keeps going. The 5 speed made the truck--keep the rpms up and she'll do most anything you need her to. Decent enough mileage for a 4x4-- 19ish, still the best designed jump seats ever in an extended cab pickup.

Great truck for cheap
By Is on 10/03/06 04:51 AM (PDT)

1995 Nissan Truck 2dr Regular Cab SB

Needed a truck for regular home owner stuff. Found this a few years ago for cheap. It's been a great truck.

I Love Nissans
By The Shaw King on 09/22/06 08:38 AM (PDT)

1995 Nissan Truck XE V6 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

This truck is awesome! I bought it with 49,000 miles on it and I now have 100K. I have had not one problem with this truck. The only thing that I have done is change the oil. I have spent $0 on repairs. The guy I bought it from ran 10w-30 fully synthetic and I continued to do as well. It doesn't leak or burn oil. I have taken this truck and buried it in mud and lakes and had to get pulled out by AAA. The truck is stock except I bought new wheels and 31" tires. 0 Problems. I think that it is amazing and would recommend this to anyone. I have owned a 87 sentra, 89 maxima, 95 hardbody, 90 300ZXTT with only 29,000 miles. I have had no problems with any of them. Nissans are the best!

1 2 3 4 5 next »