Used 1994 Nissan Truck Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Nissan Truck - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Truck model:

Perfect truck
By Chris

1994 Nissan Truck XE 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

I think that the 94'XE Nissan Pickup is not only the coolest truck, but the most durable truck iv'e had. It takes a beating and keeps giving, it handles the dirt roads by my house with performance handling

Everything

Nasty Little Truck
By BGL

1994 Nissan Truck XE 2dr Regular Cab SB

I've got nothing but love for this truck. I'm a landscape gardener and I've hauled loads of mulch, stone, gravel, topsoil and plants in excess of 1500 lbs (sometimes even more than that) consistently for 5 years. I'm not that great on maintenance, but this truck is rock solid. It lost an alternator at 90K and that's all. Nothing else has needed replacement. I've driven it across the country and back as well. She's getting tired, with 155K, so I'm going to retire her and buy a 97 or 98. I've also got a 94 Toyota P/U and it can't handle weight like the Nissy.

Great gas mileage. Tight turning radius. Deep bed. Indestructable, decently powerful 2.4L engine.

Loud wind noise. No cup holder. Spare tire mount rusted off.

Great Drive
By Irish Duck Thumper

1994 Nissan Truck XE V6 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Have driven this truck in heavy snow, mud and in traffic. Great whether I'm hunting or commuting. Handles all well. I bought it in 1998, have replaced the belts once and fixed brakes last year. Aside from oil changes and the aforementioned repairs, it's never needed any kind of attention. It's a great little truck, easy to drive, not "too much" truck. As expected, it's pretty light so on icy roads you need weight in the back, but with that weight it's a great winter truck. I now have 98,000 miles on it and it still uses very little oil, clutch is in great shape, no trouble at all. Without question I would buy this truck again.

I've pulled more than 1 car out of a ditch with the chain hitch in front.

Inside plastic parts don't last with tough treatment.

nissan 4cylinder truck
By dragon7

1994 Nissan Truck XE 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I have owned the truck for four years now and have tested the four wheel drive in the snow and mud many times. I also totaled the front end, fixing it with aftermarket parts. The chrome bumber rusted within a month. I had a wiring problem that took the mechanics awhile to figure out. It turned out it was a short in the wires under the passenger seat. I am at 190000 miles and considering keeping the truck, considering the listed resale value of the truck is so low.

My favorite features of this truck is the low-gear four wheel drive.

The only problems I have had is a wiring issue under the passenger seat and my visor breaking off. I am currently at 190,000 miles and wondring how long the truck will last.

Nissan Truck
By Nissan Truck

1994 Nissan Truck XE V6 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

My 1994 Nissan King Cab Pickup has been a good truck. It has needed minimal repairs. It's a lot better than the previous 4-cylinder Nissan truck (they had timing belt tensioner issues that Nissan didn't cover). The drivetrain is good and has decent power. The transmission is decent. The seating in the XE model is not wonderful. I'm told SE model's seats are a lot better.

Good power. Reasonably dependable. Easy to service except for oil filter location. This truck is a good hauler. I love the limited slip drivetrain. I haven't ben stuck yet.

Move the oil filter location. Provide driver seat tilt on all bucket seats. The XE model didn't have it. Improve the fuel economy, 15-18 mpg is not wonderful by today's standards. There are V8 engines out there now that get 25-27 mpg now. Make the engine more maintenance free. Get rid of the timing belt. Install long life chain.