Used 1994 Nissan Truck Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Nissan Truck - Consumer Reviews

1994 Nissan Truck

View reviews for a specific Truck model:

Tough and slow.
By Robcuda67

1994 Nissan Truck XE 2dr Extended Cab SB

I myself just rebuilt the engine in my truck after 280,000 miles. Before I had this truck I owned an 87 dodge pickup, it's faster than the dodges 318 v8 but not by much, the gas mileage isn't the much nether either, at least not what I expected. The five speed was a plus for me, seeing the I'm 17 years old. The only con is there is no weight on the back end, when it's wet outside my truck fishtails and spins out so easy, but it's a good truck to learn how to drive in.

Favorite Features

Rear wheel drive, ff cars are a bore, fr is the way to go. It can be fun when there's no one else in a parking lot.

Suggested Improvements

More horsepower! It needs it bad, I wouldn't mind the lack of fuel efficiency if it were only faster, I'm not sure the v6 is any better either because of the weight.

Hardbody Rocks
By Bernie

1994 Nissan Truck SE V6 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I wanted to write this review as I read several before buying this truck. I've owned an 83,89 and 95 Nissan p/u and this is by far the best. This body style is outstanding and I like looking over the hood when I drive it. Currently with 90000 miles I thought it was a risk but after putting an additional 1500 miles on it through ice, mud and snow I would recommend this truck for performance minus comfort due to no cup holder-more than a slight inconvenience. I put 180000 on my 89 p/u and my goal is to put at least 250000 on this one. I makes more sense to repair a great style truck than to own a new one. Gas mileage could be better but with a 94 fun truck, who really cares. Buy one.

Favorite Features

Body style is the best feature especially with the 4X4 and factory sun roof. I like the interior but it is noisy. The seats and interior like new. Parts are readily available. The interior is roomy but yet you feel in control of the vehicle. Dash is perfect for gauges/radio/light control.

Suggested Improvements

V-6 is tight and routine maintenance at home is not easy. I would like to see a timing chain and not a belt(although parts are available including water pump for under 100 bucks)but I haven't replaced it yet. No cup holder is a pain. Electric operated sun/moon roof.

Great Basic Truck
By Engineer

1994 Nissan Truck XE 2dr Regular Cab SB

The Nissan Hardbody pickup performs all the requirements of a truck well. It cost me so little money that when I look at this truck I see a luxury car in the bank. This truck is so basic, I did have to customize it a little to make it more enjoyable, such as adding a tonneau cover, radio, a ball on the bumper, air shocks, rims, and cup holders.

Favorite Features

The fun of driving a stick shift, being able to haul most things,

Suggested Improvements

More leg room.

Great Truck
By xxron187xx

1994 Nissan Truck SE V6 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Great truck for hauling an ATV and going out and playing on the sand hills and the mud, or hunting if thats your thing. Pretty good gas mileage, very durable and reliable. 210k miles for mine and still runs like new.

Favorite Features

4X4, small, extra cab for storing junk, and fun!

Severe Frame Rust
By nf

1994 Nissan Truck SE V6 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Mechanically ok but severe uncontrollable frame rust will have this vehicle scrapped by next year at less than 90000 miles. Very poor construction. It's reliable and has no body corrosion but the frame has been repaired twice in the last 2 years. Very poorly built vehicle.

Favorite Features

Good styling, reliable powertrain.

Suggested Improvements

Nissan needs to put at least some thought into corrosion control. At least mention it at a design meeting.