1994 Nissan Truck - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Truck model:
Very good, highly recommend.
By Grant B on 06/13/07 07:51 AM (PDT)

1994 Nissan Truck SE V6 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I bought this truck in 2000 and put approximately 120000 km on it. Had no trouble whatsoever, only normal wear and tear (brakes, balljoints). Truck is not overpowered but a very, very good reliable motor. You just can't kill it if you treat it right (mobil 1 syn since 1st day of purchase). Get it rust checked yearly and I'm sure it will last forever. Very, very pleased with this truck. Recently purchased a 2003 Frontier and I hope she treats me as well as this one did. You see one in good shape... BUY IT!

A Truck That Keeps on Trucking
By Nissan Owner on 05/09/07 13:52 PM (PDT)

1994 Nissan Truck XE 2dr Extended Cab SB

This is one truck that keeps on trucking. My dad bought this truck when I was in the third or fourth grade used, for about $10K, I am now in my freshman year of college and I now own of the truck. The only things that have been done to the truck is regular maintenance, oil, tires, hoses, brakes, bearings, etc. That and an a/c clutch, and now a new speedometer. This thing has been through the ringer, it now has over a 173K miles. It has been wrecked, and only sustained cosmetic damage, and keeps going. It has hydroplaned and slammed into a curb and still no major damage except a front end alignment. This is one truck that keeps on trucking and will not die.

Not Sure I Agree With Other Reviewers
By 94' SE V6 Ext. Cab on 12/05/06 09:39 AM (PST)

1994 Nissan Truck SE V6 2dr Extended Cab SB

The problems I’ve had are as follows: intermittent starting problem and too high of idle or too low. When ignition problem first occurred, trouble shot it down to a bad solenoid. Replaced it and the problem went away for a few years. Now it’s back. Starting problem occurs mostly during summer months. The idle problem hasn’t been diagnosed. The radio doesn't work in stereo. All 4 spkrs have gone bad. As far as parts replaced - all belts, clutch (100K), O2 sensor (119K), front shocks (100K), battery, tires, front brake pads and calipers, rear shoes. Currently leaks gear oil from rear transmission seal. But the interior has hardly any squeaks. Road noise at HWY speeds is deafening.

+++++Reliable+++++
By Nissan Owner on 09/15/06 08:51 AM (PDT)

1994 Nissan Truck SE V6 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Great vehicle, no problems with the exception of the starter. Had to replace several times but other than that nothing but normal maintenance. Beautiful truck that runs great and had been nothing but reliable to own.

Great Compact Truck
By Michael on 12/25/05 14:29 PM (PST)

1994 Nissan Truck XE 2dr Regular Cab SB

I purchased my 1994 Nissan truck new and it now has 267,000 miles on it. I haven't had to do that much to it besides the normal routine tune-ups, brake job, clutch. It's never left me stranded and I trust it even now with so many miles. The A/C still blows cold and the engine still purrs down the road with plenty of power for a four banger. I'm a true believer in these old hard bodies. Party at my house when she turns 300,000 miles.

Perfect truck
By Chris on 12/05/05 19:13 PM (PST)

1994 Nissan Truck XE 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

I think that the 94'XE Nissan Pickup is not only the coolest truck, but the most durable truck iv'e had. It takes a beating and keeps giving, it handles the dirt roads by my house with performance handling

Nasty Little Truck
By BGL on 12/01/05 17:52 PM (PST)

1994 Nissan Truck XE 2dr Regular Cab SB

I've got nothing but love for this truck. I'm a landscape gardener and I've hauled loads of mulch, stone, gravel, topsoil and plants in excess of 1500 lbs (sometimes even more than that) consistently for 5 years. I'm not that great on maintenance, but this truck is rock solid. It lost an alternator at 90K and that's all. Nothing else has needed replacement. I've driven it across the country and back as well. She's getting tired, with 155K, so I'm going to retire her and buy a 97 or 98. I've also got a 94 Toyota P/U and it can't handle weight like the Nissy.

Great Drive
By Irish Duck Thumper on 06/06/05 11:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Nissan Truck XE V6 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Have driven this truck in heavy snow, mud and in traffic. Great whether I'm hunting or commuting. Handles all well. I bought it in 1998, have replaced the belts once and fixed brakes last year. Aside from oil changes and the aforementioned repairs, it's never needed any kind of attention. It's a great little truck, easy to drive, not "too much" truck. As expected, it's pretty light so on icy roads you need weight in the back, but with that weight it's a great winter truck. I now have 98,000 miles on it and it still uses very little oil, clutch is in great shape, no trouble at all. Without question I would buy this truck again.

nissan 4cylinder truck
By dragon7 on 02/06/05 18:43 PM (PST)

1994 Nissan Truck XE 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I have owned the truck for four years now and have tested the four wheel drive in the snow and mud many times. I also totaled the front end, fixing it with aftermarket parts. The chrome bumber rusted within a month. I had a wiring problem that took the mechanics awhile to figure out. It turned out it was a short in the wires under the passenger seat. I am at 190000 miles and considering keeping the truck, considering the listed resale value of the truck is so low.

Nissan Truck
By Nissan Truck on 12/11/04 07:05 AM (PST)

1994 Nissan Truck XE V6 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

My 1994 Nissan King Cab Pickup has been a good truck. It has needed minimal repairs. It's a lot better than the previous 4-cylinder Nissan truck (they had timing belt tensioner issues that Nissan didn't cover). The drivetrain is good and has decent power. The transmission is decent. The seating in the XE model is not wonderful. I'm told SE model's seats are a lot better.