Used 1994 Nissan Truck Regular Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Nissan Truck - Consumer Reviews

1994 Nissan Truck Regular Cab

View reviews for a specific Truck model:

Timex/Energizer Bunny ? No Contest
By Smitty (Smithsonian)

1994 Nissan Truck Regular Cab XE 2dr Regular Cab SB

Go Smitty GO 281k miles and still going a 100 miles a day to work and back. My major repairs have been a starter at 140k and a water pump at 230k. I bought this baby new in 94 and Smitty is more then I could ever have hoped for. Smitty is MY HERO. I change the fluids and Smitty runs.....did I mention that I get 27 miles to the gallon ? Oh I guess I did...see u around. Forever Smitty

Favorite Features

Smitty

Suggested Improvements

Cloning

Great Basic Truck
By Engineer

1994 Nissan Truck Regular Cab XE 2dr Regular Cab SB

The Nissan Hardbody pickup performs all the requirements of a truck well. It cost me so little money that when I look at this truck I see a luxury car in the bank. This truck is so basic, I did have to customize it a little to make it more enjoyable, such as adding a tonneau cover, radio, a ball on the bumper, air shocks, rims, and cup holders.

Favorite Features

The fun of driving a stick shift, being able to haul most things,

Suggested Improvements

More leg room.

Great Compact Truck
By Michael

1994 Nissan Truck Regular Cab XE 2dr Regular Cab SB

I purchased my 1994 Nissan truck new and it now has 267,000 miles on it. I haven't had to do that much to it besides the normal routine tune-ups, brake job, clutch. It's never left me stranded and I trust it even now with so many miles. The A/C still blows cold and the engine still purrs down the road with plenty of power for a four banger. I'm a true believer in these old hard bodies. Party at my house when she turns 300,000 miles.

Favorite Features

This truck is reliable, great on gas (although there is always room to improve), and it's fun to drive. The truck my be compact, but I've used it to haul plenty of stuff. I love the interior layout and only wish Nissan didn't abandon it with the newer Frontier line.

Suggested Improvements

Interior wind noise.

Perfect truck
By Chris

1994 Nissan Truck Regular Cab XE 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

I think that the 94'XE Nissan Pickup is not only the coolest truck, but the most durable truck iv'e had. It takes a beating and keeps giving, it handles the dirt roads by my house with performance handling

Favorite Features

Everything

Nasty Little Truck
By BGL

1994 Nissan Truck Regular Cab XE 2dr Regular Cab SB

I've got nothing but love for this truck. I'm a landscape gardener and I've hauled loads of mulch, stone, gravel, topsoil and plants in excess of 1500 lbs (sometimes even more than that) consistently for 5 years. I'm not that great on maintenance, but this truck is rock solid. It lost an alternator at 90K and that's all. Nothing else has needed replacement. I've driven it across the country and back as well. She's getting tired, with 155K, so I'm going to retire her and buy a 97 or 98. I've also got a 94 Toyota P/U and it can't handle weight like the Nissy.

Favorite Features

Great gas mileage. Tight turning radius. Deep bed. Indestructable, decently powerful 2.4L engine.

Suggested Improvements

Loud wind noise. No cup holder. Spare tire mount rusted off.