1994 Nissan Truck Extended Cab Consumer Reviews

1994 Nissan Truck - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Truck model:

1994 Truck Consumer Reviews

Date Most Helpful Highest Rating Lowest Rating
spark plug record
By jasman4

1994 Nissan Truck Extended Cab SE V6 2dr Extended Cab SB

Bought this truck new in '94 and have driven it almost everyday since. 325,000 miles so far. Two starters and one water pump. No timing belts yet. Finally felt I needed a tuneup at 320,000 miles and the mechanic replaced the well worn original sparkplugs. 22 mpg average.

Favorite Features

Tight as the day I bought it.

Suggested Improvements

Needs a good stereo.

Practical mtn goat
By roscoe

1994 Nissan Truck Extended Cab XE 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I've had this 6 years and it's been pretty reliable and there hasn't been a lot that goes wrong with it. Fairly easy to work on. Changing plugs is a snap. Goes anywhere you want it to. Especially handles 4 wheel mountain passes with ease. The only thing is when you're coming down the other side and it's in 1rst to keep it running off into the abyss it seems like the oil pickup isn't in oil and the thing sounds like it has no oil whatsoever! Worrisome! It's gutless on hills at highway speeds. The mileage could be better for a 4 seeing as how a Caddy gets 28 with a V8 and these get 24. Have had a couple problems starting when the clutch safety switch goes on the fritz but an inexpensive fix.

Favorite Features

Reliable, versatile, goes anywhere, you only have to buy it once and not pay for it twice just to keep it going.

Suggested Improvements

Better mileage. The oil pickup problem.

Great Truck
By David J.

1994 Nissan Truck Extended Cab XE 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Good solid truck for work or play. Great reliability. Good quality. Good design. It does everything you need it to. Never had any problems with it. Except for exterior paint. Clutch could be easier to use. Only regular maintenance. Oil, timing belt, seat belt, tune up. Would buy again.

Favorite Features

Love the reliability. Good design. Roomy interior.

Suggested Improvements

Needs better quality interior materials. Clutch could be easier to use. Really needs better quality paint job. My trucks paint job was discoloring and starting to rust on the roof and hood. Though it was parked outside most of the time.

This has been a Great Truck
By oceanpro

1994 Nissan Truck Extended Cab SE V6 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I purchased this truck new. The engine although does not have a lot of power is absolutely bullet proof. With almost 180,000 miles she does not burn or leak oil. It starts every time even when its 35 below. I can always depend on this truck. I have driven this truck on the Alcan highway many times. I always do the scheduled maint. but but I never baby my trucks. This is the best truck I have ever owned. If you find one in good shape that has been well maintained BUY IT. I hope to get 500,000 miles out of mine

Favorite Features

The engine and overall reliability are unbeatable. The seats are not very well made but the fabric used is the most durable i have ever seen

Suggested Improvements

The seats are not very well made and are sure to give you a back ache on long trips

Tough and slow.
By Robcuda67

1994 Nissan Truck Extended Cab XE 2dr Extended Cab SB

I myself just rebuilt the engine in my truck after 280,000 miles. Before I had this truck I owned an 87 dodge pickup, it's faster than the dodges 318 v8 but not by much, the gas mileage isn't the much nether either, at least not what I expected. The five speed was a plus for me, seeing the I'm 17 years old. The only con is there is no weight on the back end, when it's wet outside my truck fishtails and spins out so easy, but it's a good truck to learn how to drive in.

Favorite Features

Rear wheel drive, ff cars are a bore, fr is the way to go. It can be fun when there's no one else in a parking lot.

Suggested Improvements

More horsepower! It needs it bad, I wouldn't mind the lack of fuel efficiency if it were only faster, I'm not sure the v6 is any better either because of the weight.

Hardbody Rocks
By Bernie

1994 Nissan Truck Extended Cab SE V6 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I wanted to write this review as I read several before buying this truck. I've owned an 83,89 and 95 Nissan p/u and this is by far the best. This body style is outstanding and I like looking over the hood when I drive it. Currently with 90000 miles I thought it was a risk but after putting an additional 1500 miles on it through ice, mud and snow I would recommend this truck for performance minus comfort due to no cup holder-more than a slight inconvenience. I put 180000 on my 89 p/u and my goal is to put at least 250000 on this one. I makes more sense to repair a great style truck than to own a new one. Gas mileage could be better but with a 94 fun truck, who really cares. Buy one.

Favorite Features

Body style is the best feature especially with the 4X4 and factory sun roof. I like the interior but it is noisy. The seats and interior like new. Parts are readily available. The interior is roomy but yet you feel in control of the vehicle. Dash is perfect for gauges/radio/light control.

Suggested Improvements

V-6 is tight and routine maintenance at home is not easy. I would like to see a timing chain and not a belt(although parts are available including water pump for under 100 bucks)but I haven't replaced it yet. No cup holder is a pain. Electric operated sun/moon roof.

Great Truck
By xxron187xx

1994 Nissan Truck Extended Cab SE V6 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Great truck for hauling an ATV and going out and playing on the sand hills and the mud, or hunting if thats your thing. Pretty good gas mileage, very durable and reliable. 210k miles for mine and still runs like new.

Favorite Features

4X4, small, extra cab for storing junk, and fun!

Severe Frame Rust
By nf

1994 Nissan Truck Extended Cab SE V6 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Mechanically ok but severe uncontrollable frame rust will have this vehicle scrapped by next year at less than 90000 miles. Very poor construction. It's reliable and has no body corrosion but the frame has been repaired twice in the last 2 years. Very poorly built vehicle.

Favorite Features

Good styling, reliable powertrain.

Suggested Improvements

Nissan needs to put at least some thought into corrosion control. At least mention it at a design meeting.

Very good, highly recommend.
By Grant B

1994 Nissan Truck Extended Cab SE V6 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I bought this truck in 2000 and put approximately 120000 km on it. Had no trouble whatsoever, only normal wear and tear (brakes, balljoints). Truck is not overpowered but a very, very good reliable motor. You just can't kill it if you treat it right (mobil 1 syn since 1st day of purchase). Get it rust checked yearly and I'm sure it will last forever. Very, very pleased with this truck. Recently purchased a 2003 Frontier and I hope she treats me as well as this one did. You see one in good shape... BUY IT!

Favorite Features

Very reliable motor. Good looking truck for any year.

Suggested Improvements

Could use a little more power.

A Truck That Keeps on Trucking
By Nissan Owner

1994 Nissan Truck Extended Cab XE 2dr Extended Cab SB

This is one truck that keeps on trucking. My dad bought this truck when I was in the third or fourth grade used, for about $10K, I am now in my freshman year of college and I now own of the truck. The only things that have been done to the truck is regular maintenance, oil, tires, hoses, brakes, bearings, etc. That and an a/c clutch, and now a new speedometer. This thing has been through the ringer, it now has over a 173K miles. It has been wrecked, and only sustained cosmetic damage, and keeps going. It has hydroplaned and slammed into a curb and still no major damage except a front end alignment. This is one truck that keeps on trucking and will not die.

Favorite Features

Dependability, chrome bumpers, gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

Well I think they have in the newer models. The cab is too small and with so many miles I think it is time to be replaced, but it will keep going hopefully at least for a few more years.