Used 1994 Nissan Truck Extended Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Nissan Truck Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Truck model:

spark plug record
By jasman4

1994 Nissan Truck Extended Cab SE V6 2dr Extended Cab SB

Bought this truck new in '94 and have driven it almost everyday since. 325,000 miles so far. Two starters and one water pump. No timing belts yet. Finally felt I needed a tuneup at 320,000 miles and the mechanic replaced the well worn original sparkplugs. 22 mpg average.

Tight as the day I bought it.

Needs a good stereo.

Practical mtn goat
By roscoe

1994 Nissan Truck Extended Cab XE 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I've had this 6 years and it's been pretty reliable and there hasn't been a lot that goes wrong with it. Fairly easy to work on. Changing plugs is a snap. Goes anywhere you want it to. Especially handles 4 wheel mountain passes with ease. The only thing is when you're coming down the other side and it's in 1rst to keep it running off into the abyss it seems like the oil pickup isn't in oil and the thing sounds like it has no oil whatsoever! Worrisome! It's gutless on hills at highway speeds. The mileage could be better for a 4 seeing as how a Caddy gets 28 with a V8 and these get 24. Have had a couple problems starting when the clutch safety switch goes on the fritz but an inexpensive fix.

Reliable, versatile, goes anywhere, you only have to buy it once and not pay for it twice just to keep it going.

Better mileage. The oil pickup problem.

Great Truck
By David J.

1994 Nissan Truck Extended Cab XE 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Good solid truck for work or play. Great reliability. Good quality. Good design. It does everything you need it to. Never had any problems with it. Except for exterior paint. Clutch could be easier to use. Only regular maintenance. Oil, timing belt, seat belt, tune up. Would buy again.

Love the reliability. Good design. Roomy interior.

Needs better quality interior materials. Clutch could be easier to use. Really needs better quality paint job. My trucks paint job was discoloring and starting to rust on the roof and hood. Though it was parked outside most of the time.

This has been a Great Truck
By oceanpro

1994 Nissan Truck Extended Cab SE V6 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I purchased this truck new. The engine although does not have a lot of power is absolutely bullet proof. With almost 180,000 miles she does not burn or leak oil. It starts every time even when its 35 below. I can always depend on this truck. I have driven this truck on the Alcan highway many times. I always do the scheduled maint. but but I never baby my trucks. This is the best truck I have ever owned. If you find one in good shape that has been well maintained BUY IT. I hope to get 500,000 miles out of mine

The engine and overall reliability are unbeatable. The seats are not very well made but the fabric used is the most durable i have ever seen

The seats are not very well made and are sure to give you a back ache on long trips

Tough and slow.
By Robcuda67

1994 Nissan Truck Extended Cab XE 2dr Extended Cab SB

I myself just rebuilt the engine in my truck after 280,000 miles. Before I had this truck I owned an 87 dodge pickup, it's faster than the dodges 318 v8 but not by much, the gas mileage isn't the much nether either, at least not what I expected. The five speed was a plus for me, seeing the I'm 17 years old. The only con is there is no weight on the back end, when it's wet outside my truck fishtails and spins out so easy, but it's a good truck to learn how to drive in.

Rear wheel drive, ff cars are a bore, fr is the way to go. It can be fun when there's no one else in a parking lot.

More horsepower! It needs it bad, I wouldn't mind the lack of fuel efficiency if it were only faster, I'm not sure the v6 is any better either because of the weight.