Used 1994 Nissan Truck XE Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Nissan Truck - Consumer Reviews

1994 Nissan Truck

View reviews for a specific Truck model:

Tough and slow.
By Robcuda67

1994 Nissan Truck XE 2dr Extended Cab SB

I myself just rebuilt the engine in my truck after 280,000 miles. Before I had this truck I owned an 87 dodge pickup, it's faster than the dodges 318 v8 but not by much, the gas mileage isn't the much nether either, at least not what I expected. The five speed was a plus for me, seeing the I'm 17 years old. The only con is there is no weight on the back end, when it's wet outside my truck fishtails and spins out so easy, but it's a good truck to learn how to drive in.

Favorite Features

Rear wheel drive, ff cars are a bore, fr is the way to go. It can be fun when there's no one else in a parking lot.

Suggested Improvements

More horsepower! It needs it bad, I wouldn't mind the lack of fuel efficiency if it were only faster, I'm not sure the v6 is any better either because of the weight.

A Truck That Keeps on Trucking
By Nissan Owner

1994 Nissan Truck XE 2dr Extended Cab SB

This is one truck that keeps on trucking. My dad bought this truck when I was in the third or fourth grade used, for about $10K, I am now in my freshman year of college and I now own of the truck. The only things that have been done to the truck is regular maintenance, oil, tires, hoses, brakes, bearings, etc. That and an a/c clutch, and now a new speedometer. This thing has been through the ringer, it now has over a 173K miles. It has been wrecked, and only sustained cosmetic damage, and keeps going. It has hydroplaned and slammed into a curb and still no major damage except a front end alignment. This is one truck that keeps on trucking and will not die.

Favorite Features

Dependability, chrome bumpers, gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

Well I think they have in the newer models. The cab is too small and with so many miles I think it is time to be replaced, but it will keep going hopefully at least for a few more years.

Great Truck/Totalled
By CtalonII

1994 Nissan Truck XE 2dr Extended Cab SB

I loved this truck and would recommend a Nissan to everyone. I had the truck until four days ago when my daughter totalled it in an accident. Ran great, plenty of room and the automatice transmission was fine. I had planned on keeping it another five years.

Favorite Features

Suggested Improvements

Better paint job the paint job started going bad after 5-6 years.

1994 Nissan 2WD XE
By timonier

1994 Nissan Truck XE 2dr Extended Cab SB

This truck just keeps on going. Did some basic tune-up items when I got it (belts, wires, etc.) and it runs great. heats up very fast on cold days. Moves loads like a champ.

Favorite Features

Fuel economy. Working truck.

Suggested Improvements

None noted.

Good Truck
By Trucklover

1994 Nissan Truck XE 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought my truck brand new in 1994 and it now has 160,000 miles on the odometer. The only problems it had were the two times it wouldn't start. Both times it was a faulty electronic ignition module. Very decent power to haul a bed full of stuff. Great low end torque. Great handling. I would buy another Nissan truck.

Favorite Features

The light inside my ashtray.

Suggested Improvements

Improve the durability of the center console. My sun visor snapped off. Make a better iginition module.