1994 Nissan Truck - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Truck model:
spark plug record
By jasman4 on 01/27/13 10:35 AM (PST)

1994 Nissan Truck SE V6 2dr Extended Cab SB

Bought this truck new in '94 and have driven it almost everyday since. 325,000 miles so far. Two starters and one water pump. No timing belts yet. Finally felt I needed a tuneup at 320,000 miles and the mechanic replaced the well worn original sparkplugs. 22 mpg average.

Practical mtn goat
By roscoe on 09/19/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Nissan Truck XE 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I've had this 6 years and it's been pretty reliable and there hasn't been a lot that goes wrong with it. Fairly easy to work on. Changing plugs is a snap. Goes anywhere you want it to. Especially handles 4 wheel mountain passes with ease. The only thing is when you're coming down the other side and it's in 1rst to keep it running off into the abyss it seems like the oil pickup isn't in oil and the thing sounds like it has no oil whatsoever! Worrisome! It's gutless on hills at highway speeds. The mileage could be better for a 4 seeing as how a Caddy gets 28 with a V8 and these get 24. Have had a couple problems starting when the clutch safety switch goes on the fritz but an inexpensive fix.

Great Truck
By David J. on 02/21/10 11:28 AM (PST)

1994 Nissan Truck XE 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Good solid truck for work or play. Great reliability. Good quality. Good design. It does everything you need it to. Never had any problems with it. Except for exterior paint. Clutch could be easier to use. Only regular maintenance. Oil, timing belt, seat belt, tune up. Would buy again.

Timex/Energizer Bunny ? No Contest
By Smitty (Smithsonian) on 10/20/09 18:44 PM (PDT)

1994 Nissan Truck XE 2dr Regular Cab SB

Go Smitty GO 281k miles and still going a 100 miles a day to work and back. My major repairs have been a starter at 140k and a water pump at 230k. I bought this baby new in 94 and Smitty is more then I could ever have hoped for. Smitty is MY HERO. I change the fluids and Smitty runs.....did I mention that I get 27 miles to the gallon ? Oh I guess I did...see u around. Forever Smitty

This has been a Great Truck
By oceanpro on 09/19/09 19:24 PM (PDT)

1994 Nissan Truck SE V6 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I purchased this truck new. The engine although does not have a lot of power is absolutely bullet proof. With almost 180,000 miles she does not burn or leak oil. It starts every time even when its 35 below. I can always depend on this truck. I have driven this truck on the Alcan highway many times. I always do the scheduled maint. but but I never baby my trucks. This is the best truck I have ever owned. If you find one in good shape that has been well maintained BUY IT. I hope to get 500,000 miles out of mine

Tough and slow.
By Robcuda67 on 04/26/09 15:08 PM (PDT)

1994 Nissan Truck XE 2dr Extended Cab SB

I myself just rebuilt the engine in my truck after 280,000 miles. Before I had this truck I owned an 87 dodge pickup, it's faster than the dodges 318 v8 but not by much, the gas mileage isn't the much nether either, at least not what I expected. The five speed was a plus for me, seeing the I'm 17 years old. The only con is there is no weight on the back end, when it's wet outside my truck fishtails and spins out so easy, but it's a good truck to learn how to drive in.

Hardbody Rocks
By Bernie on 03/09/09 15:41 PM (PDT)

1994 Nissan Truck SE V6 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I wanted to write this review as I read several before buying this truck. I've owned an 83,89 and 95 Nissan p/u and this is by far the best. This body style is outstanding and I like looking over the hood when I drive it. Currently with 90000 miles I thought it was a risk but after putting an additional 1500 miles on it through ice, mud and snow I would recommend this truck for performance minus comfort due to no cup holder-more than a slight inconvenience. I put 180000 on my 89 p/u and my goal is to put at least 250000 on this one. I makes more sense to repair a great style truck than to own a new one. Gas mileage could be better but with a 94 fun truck, who really cares. Buy one.

Great Basic Truck
By Engineer on 02/04/09 20:26 PM (PST)

1994 Nissan Truck XE 2dr Regular Cab SB

The Nissan Hardbody pickup performs all the requirements of a truck well. It cost me so little money that when I look at this truck I see a luxury car in the bank. This truck is so basic, I did have to customize it a little to make it more enjoyable, such as adding a tonneau cover, radio, a ball on the bumper, air shocks, rims, and cup holders.

Great Truck
By xxron187xx on 08/25/07 13:06 PM (PDT)

1994 Nissan Truck SE V6 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Great truck for hauling an ATV and going out and playing on the sand hills and the mud, or hunting if thats your thing. Pretty good gas mileage, very durable and reliable. 210k miles for mine and still runs like new.

Severe Frame Rust
By nf on 08/03/07 05:15 AM (PDT)

1994 Nissan Truck SE V6 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Mechanically ok but severe uncontrollable frame rust will have this vehicle scrapped by next year at less than 90000 miles. Very poor construction. It's reliable and has no body corrosion but the frame has been repaired twice in the last 2 years. Very poorly built vehicle.