Used 1993 Nissan Truck Extended Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Nissan Truck Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Truck model:

200k and still kicking
By nissandriver4ever

1993 Nissan Truck Extended Cab SE V6 2dr Extended Cab SB

I have over 200k on my nissan and it still runs great, doesn't use a drop of oil, and have never had to do any serious repairs. It gets excellent highway gas mileage (23 MPG) and is the most reliable vehicle I have ever owned. I'll never buy any truck other than a Nissan again!

Reliability, fuel economy, fun to drive

Cup holders

My used Nissan Truck
By Jeremy

1993 Nissan Truck Extended Cab 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I bought my 1993 Nissan King Cab Pickup with 94,000 miles on it and it now has 152,000. I have the 4-cylinder / 5 speed combo and feel the power to weight ratio on the 4WD is not good enough. The additional transfer case weight, suspension, slighly bigger tires absolutely rob this motor of power. A small truck such as this should get 17 - 18 MPG, not 14 - 15. It does have reliability and true toughness on back roads, so camping is a non-issue. I am pleasantly suprised about where it can go. It does boast a thicker / heavier frame than a Toyota. However, buy the Toyota. A cheaper Nissan is NOT the answer. If you are looking at trucks, and are afraid to spend the extra money up front cost on a a Toyota, buy one anyway.

This truck with proper shocks / tires is indeed just plain tough!

More power from the 4-cylinder engine.

Just keeps on going.....
By Ponyboy

1993 Nissan Truck Extended Cab 2dr Extended Cab SB

Bought my pick-up used in 1996. I have since then racked-up 180,000 miles on the odometer! The ONLY thing I have ever had to replace was an ignition relay (twice), and that only cost $15 each time. My truck is a five speed, and I have never had to replace the clutch! Nobody believes me, but the original clutch is still in it! The engine still runs strong, does not leak, and does not smoke. With regular maintenance (like I've always performed) I wonder just how long it will last?! Great job Nissan! This is quality construction!

Great Truck
By Armando

1993 Nissan Truck Extended Cab SE V6 2dr Extended Cab SB

I have never kept any vehicle this long.

overall reliability

suspension is stiff

I love this truck
By Thomas C.

1993 Nissan Truck Extended Cab SE V6 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I have a Nissan 4x4 truck and I love it. If you have the choice of trucks to purchase, than go for a Nissan. That name means reliability to me. Thanks Nissan for making such a perfect truck for people like me.

4x4, sliding rear window, extended cab seating, and the greatest touch of all was the little pop up hooks that are on the bed of the truck. If you know anything about Nissans, than you know what I am talking about.

The only improvments that I would make is a higher lift, of 3 inches or so, and hmm...nothing else:)