Used 1993 Nissan Truck Regular Cab Consumer Reviews - 18 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Nissan Truck Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Truck model:

BEST TRUCK IN THE WORLD
By wade matkins

1993 Nissan Truck Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SB

This is the most reliable truck on the planet. I have owned this vehicle since 1993 and have not turned a bolt on it. In 2007 I replaced the original belts! Of coarse I have put 3 or 4 batteries on it over the years, hey they were not made by Nissan. Its not like a lot of older cars and trucks on the road were the air, heater, Windows, or doors don't work right. Everything on my truck works perfectly and always has! I am sad because I was hit by another car last week and it totaled my truck... My insurance company is going to give me $1001 dollars for it. I would never be able to replace a truck like that. So I had them to release the truck to me. I plan to just try to get it back on the road.

So many vehicles after the age of 5 years start having problems and have to be in the shop. As the years add up the more and more money and repair you have coming. An some say of coarse that's just the way it is, but I say no buy a Nissan!That is my favorite feature.

The styling inside and out.

great little truck
By TJ

1993 Nissan Truck Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SB

I have 428000+ miles on this truck other than replacing 5 speed trans its been a great working, fishing, towing, hauling, and daily driven 25mpg vehicle. Wish more vehicles were built this well.

engine performance, very cold air conditioning

body (truck bed)integrity

herculon of a little truck
By mac

1993 Nissan Truck Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SB

owed since new had 14 miles when my father brought home. The best small pick up ever seen no doubt about it, pulls down low and midway, plenty of torque for passing in fifth gear at highway speeds, has some fenderwell bed rust but its a truck, built to drive not look pretty all day, and has never had valve cover off, only recent waterpump and belts, uses no oil and leaks none, best money ever spent.

engine, drive and ride, very very durable, performance, small version of a hemi head

frame rails tend to rust, and or bed of truck

93 Nissan Pickup 4x4
By JRIP

1993 Nissan Truck Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

My Nissan D21 4WD 5spd is by the far the most reliable vehicle ive had. i bought it with 67000 miles in Sept, 08. I go off roading with it all the time, and it loves the mud, i have 30x9.5x15 Mud Kings on it. The truck now has 78000 miles and it runs strong. Ive replaced the timing chain, timing tensioner, timing gears, and guides, all the seals, starter, distributor cap, brake lines, pads, drums, fuel lines, fuel pump, and exhaust. With all of that and with purchasing the truck i have only spent about 1200 on the truck. I have all original receipts, and i'm the third owner. The engines run mint, its silent. tranny and clutch are great. wont hesitate to chirp third gear!

Overall reliability

better gas mileage. I get about 14-16 miles per gallon city, and 15-19 hwy

Best vehicle I ever have owned
By SteveS

1993 Nissan Truck Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SB

I have owned over 12 vehicles, Ford, GM, Dodge, Honda and a newer Nissan. However this 93 truck is the most reliable one of the bunch. It has been in 3 accidents, driven over 170K miles and I have put in under $1,000 in overall maintenance costs to include oil & tires. I would buy one if looking for solid transportation.