1993 Nissan Truck - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Truck model:
Great almost
By ryanjg on 08/15/10 00:54 AM (PDT)

1993 Nissan Truck SE V6 2dr Extended Cab SB

My truck has been great needs just the regular things only thing i would change is the plastic parts everything plastic just breaks or warps visors broke rear window hings and bumper step maybe being in Colorado the uv rays may be part of it but still. But would never get rid of it

King Cab is King
By splendid vehicle on 01/18/10 20:47 PM (PST)

1993 Nissan Truck SE V6 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought my truck new in late 1992, 17 years ago. It has been used hard, especially in summers and fall, hauling canoes, camping and waterfowl hunting. I can't imagine a more reliable truck. I replaced the clutch 3 years ago. All other repairs have been standard. The frame is showing superficial rust. Thats it! This is one spectacular vehicle. Oh, but a cupholder would be good.

Dependable
By Agator82 on 01/18/10 16:33 PM (PST)

1993 Nissan Truck 2dr Extended Cab SB

my Dad purchased this truck new from the dealership in 1993, and after 15 years decided to pass it on with 180,000 miles. All I can say is great truck. Had its first brake job at 201,000; clutch at 194,000. Two starters, but not much else. I will keep this one for a long time.

BEST TRUCK IN THE WORLD
By wade matkins on 08/14/09 09:29 AM (PDT)

1993 Nissan Truck 2dr Regular Cab SB

This is the most reliable truck on the planet. I have owned this vehicle since 1993 and have not turned a bolt on it. In 2007 I replaced the original belts! Of coarse I have put 3 or 4 batteries on it over the years, hey they were not made by Nissan. Its not like a lot of older cars and trucks on the road were the air, heater, Windows, or doors don't work right. Everything on my truck works perfectly and always has! I am sad because I was hit by another car last week and it totaled my truck... My insurance company is going to give me $1001 dollars for it. I would never be able to replace a truck like that. So I had them to release the truck to me. I plan to just try to get it back on the road.

great little truck
By TJ on 08/11/09 08:28 AM (PDT)

1993 Nissan Truck 2dr Regular Cab SB

I have 428000+ miles on this truck other than replacing 5 speed trans its been a great working, fishing, towing, hauling, and daily driven 25mpg vehicle. Wish more vehicles were built this well.

herculon of a little truck
By mac on 04/22/09 17:38 PM (PDT)

1993 Nissan Truck 2dr Regular Cab SB

owed since new had 14 miles when my father brought home. The best small pick up ever seen no doubt about it, pulls down low and midway, plenty of torque for passing in fifth gear at highway speeds, has some fenderwell bed rust but its a truck, built to drive not look pretty all day, and has never had valve cover off, only recent waterpump and belts, uses no oil and leaks none, best money ever spent.

93 Nissan Pickup 4x4
By JRIP on 03/15/09 05:20 AM (PDT)

1993 Nissan Truck 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

My Nissan D21 4WD 5spd is by the far the most reliable vehicle ive had. i bought it with 67000 miles in Sept, 08. I go off roading with it all the time, and it loves the mud, i have 30x9.5x15 Mud Kings on it. The truck now has 78000 miles and it runs strong. Ive replaced the timing chain, timing tensioner, timing gears, and guides, all the seals, starter, distributor cap, brake lines, pads, drums, fuel lines, fuel pump, and exhaust. With all of that and with purchasing the truck i have only spent about 1200 on the truck. I have all original receipts, and i'm the third owner. The engines run mint, its silent. tranny and clutch are great. wont hesitate to chirp third gear!

TOUGH
By Jason on 01/23/09 20:11 PM (PST)

1993 Nissan Truck 2dr Extended Cab SB

I've had my hardbody since I got out of school, gave it H*&& since. Got 250k on it and it still starts every time, runs as good as the day I got it with 124k. Had to put a couple trannys in it but like I said, I drive the heck out of it. Very tough engine, takes beating after beating but always changed oil on time.

Best vehicle I ever have owned
By SteveS on 05/19/08 12:27 PM (PDT)

1993 Nissan Truck 2dr Regular Cab SB

I have owned over 12 vehicles, Ford, GM, Dodge, Honda and a newer Nissan. However this 93 truck is the most reliable one of the bunch. It has been in 3 accidents, driven over 170K miles and I have put in under $1,000 in overall maintenance costs to include oil & tires. I would buy one if looking for solid transportation.

Reliable Truck
By Good LittleTruck on 01/01/08 22:42 PM (PST)

1993 Nissan Truck 2dr Regular Cab SB

I have had no trouble since I purchased this truck in 1992. It has been completely reliable. It gets great gas mileage, and has been a great vehicle.