Used 1993 Nissan Truck Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Nissan Truck - Consumer Reviews

1993 Nissan Truck

View reviews for a specific Truck model:

Most Helpful|
93 Nissan Pickup 4x4
By JRIP

1993 Nissan Truck 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

My Nissan D21 4WD 5spd is by the far the most reliable vehicle ive had. i bought it with 67000 miles in Sept, 08. I go off roading with it all the time, and it loves the mud, i have 30x9.5x15 Mud Kings on it. The truck now has 78000 miles and it runs strong. Ive replaced the timing chain, timing tensioner, timing gears, and guides, all the seals, starter, distributor cap, brake lines, pads, drums, fuel lines, fuel pump, and exhaust. With all of that and with purchasing the truck i have only spent about 1200 on the truck. I have all original receipts, and i'm the third owner. The engines run mint, its silent. tranny and clutch are great. wont hesitate to chirp third gear!

Favorite Features

Overall reliability

Suggested Improvements

better gas mileage. I get about 14-16 miles per gallon city, and 15-19 hwy

Impressive little truck
By cooperstar

1993 Nissan Truck 2dr Regular Cab SB

Since I have purchased this vehicle I have been delightfully impressed on how easy it is to work. It was in really poor condition when I got it from an auction sale, but I have put over $600 into the vehicle doing most of the work myself. It is a very easy vehicle to work on. There is a pesky oil leak that I am trying to track down, it sputters on acceleration which swapping out the injectors should fix that problem. I was suprised to find that after a recharge of the AC system that it works just fine. Otherwise it's fun to drive.

Favorite Features

Easy to work on.

Suggested Improvements

None

Great little truck
By Austinite007

1993 Nissan Truck SE V6 2dr Extended Cab SB

I've had my Nissan p/u for almost 10 years and have just hit 100k on the odomoter. No major problems with anything. Just the usual battery, tires, and freon replacements every few years or so. If you're looking for a dependable commuter truck with light duty use for hauling things from Home Depot on the weekends, this truck is the one to get!

Favorite Features

Drives like a car. Easy to park and maintain. Logical layout of interior. No major gripes.

Suggested Improvements

Power even for a V6 is not great. Some plastics in the interior have given out rather early in it's life. Mileage is so-so at about 19MPG City, 23MPG Highway. Everything else is great!

Great little truck!
By madplante

1993 Nissan Truck 2dr Regular Cab SB

I've had this truck for the last 9 years and it is the most reliable and maintenance free vehicle that I've ever owned. The only feature that I can truly complain about is the hard to get at release for the spare tire. Additionally, the gas mileage is OK at about 20/22 MPG.

Favorite Features

Reliability.

Suggested Improvements

Improve the spare tire release.

Great small truck
By SadieSue

1993 Nissan Truck 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

This truck has been so reliable that I am hesitating to sell it at ten years old (I am second owner) and after reading the reviews of 2000 Chevy Silverado that I am considering trading for! It may very well out live it! However, I am looking for more towing power, a bigger bed, and just a newer vehicle (north country has been rough on the body with salt). This truck has ALWAYS started, even at thirty below, NEVER gotten stuck (with studded snows), and carried as much load of lumber, firewood, tools, and dirt that I could ever fill it with.

Favorite Features

Good looks and rugged.

Suggested Improvements

Better acceleration, more interior room, seat belt function, speakers, and an interior light that came on when passeger door opens.