Used 1991 Nissan Truck Regular Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1991 Nissan Truck Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Truck model:

13 years a winner
By bley

1991 Nissan Truck Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SB

I just traded my baby. Very reliable for 13 years but I needed a van. Simple design and built to last. The paint did wear off from being in the sun but that's to be expected. Excellent truck, good power, never left me stranded unless I left the lights on!

Simple design, less to break.

None, she's a peach!

Best $500.00 I ever spent!
By krobp

1991 Nissan Truck Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SB

An excellent runabout. Lots of power, great economy, what a pickup truck should be. No Frills, a lot of workability. Strong reliable engine.

Engine

The tough ttruck
By mewe

1991 Nissan Truck Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SB

I Have had this truck for 12 years, and there is a reason that I have never wanted to sell it, nothing ever breaks or goes wrong with it. Currently it has about 120,000 miles on it and it is still running strong. I firmly believe that Nissan builds their trucks to take abuse and that is what we have dished out to this little truck. From mud bogging to commuting, it has taken everything we can dish out and still is at 100%.

The 134horses and the five speed.

The Cherry red pearl paint and the body moldings have not held up so well over the years even with proper care.

One Grand Little Truck
By Excopper

1991 Nissan Truck Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SB

Purchased the truck in 1991 with 12 miles on the odometer. As the years past and I developed arthitis in my shoulders, arms, hands, hips and knees it has become difficult to drive with no power steering and manual trans. The truck now has 131,000 miles, still looks great and runs great. The only repairs in 12 years are a clutch master cylinder ($187.00) and A/C charge including belt replacement ($131.00) all other expenses were maintenance. This truck performed so well I just purchased a 2003 Nissan P/U with power steering and auto trans. Looking for another 12 years of trouble free service.

Ease of maintenance. Seems the designer/builder had the do-it-yourself or professional in mind when designing tune ups, brake pad/rotor replacement, belt adjustments, etc.

Great Little Truck
By Nine Iron

1991 Nissan Truck Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SB

Replaced timing chain assembly & rear brake shoes @ 70000 mi., significant body work @ 60000 mi., otherwise just routine maintainance for nearly 12 years. 25 mpg commuting, 30 mpg highway. Excellent second vehicle. I expect to run it for at least another 3 years.

Fun to drive. Handles extremely well in snow with about 150 lbs added weight in bed.

The driver and this truck are both too old to worry about improvements. Just hope I continue to work as well as this truck has.