Used 1991 Nissan Truck Regular Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1991 Nissan Truck Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Truck model:

Love this little truck
By Ryan

1991 Nissan Truck Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SB

I started driving this truck when I was 15 years old. It's what I first learned to drive. I'm now 24 and I've never had any major problems with it. I have to admit I'm not always great at getting the oil changed every 3k miles, but at 189K she still start up every time. I'm on my 2nd cluch (learning to drive) and never replaced so much as a starter. I've hit a deer, a side rail on a highway, and a small car and never had to do much repair past a bumper and a fender or 2. She still get's about 20 mpg- would be better with a tune up. I can't belive I'm thinking of selling her. Hope the new Nissans hold up as wll as the old.

Reliability. Fun to drive. Good power for a 4 banger.

None.

The best truck around
By Schick

1991 Nissan Truck Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

I got this as my first truck and it is the best and most reliable truck. The only thing i have replaced is the CV joint boots and a e-brake cable. And you know what i have a K&N intake system. dual flowmaster exhaust and a throttle body spacer and it is pumping out just as much as a small V6. I have a 2" body lift and 3" susp. lift with 32/11.50 mud terrians and it gets about 14 mpg. I would never trade this truck for anything else. its takes a beating from me from mud bogging to just normal day driving, so basically its the best truck around and wouldnt trade it for the world

only had to replace a CV joint boot and 3-brake cable...now you tell me what would you improve? nothing!

Great, Reliable and Fun Truck
By Rob

1991 Nissan Truck Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SB

I bought my 91' Black Nissan 2WD STD 4CYL. brand new in 91'. I have had this truck now for 14 years (150K)and it has served me well. It is extremely reliable, fun to drive and is very well built - good power for a 4CYL. My repairs included 3 Clutches (because I drive it pretty hard), 2timing chains (per 80K maintenance), 2starters, and new A.C. hoses(I run the A.C.continuously throughout the year),1 oil pump at 150K + regular maintenance. 20mpg. This truck has taken me reliably all over the country and back -I trust it to take me anywhere. Edmunds rates the value around $1450, but having experienced the reliablility and performance of this truck first hand, I would say it's more around $3000

Reliablility, power, smooth ride, ease of repair.

None, works great as is.

287,000 MILES AND STILL KICKIN'
By CUTTYMAN71

1991 Nissan Truck Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

Throughout its life, we have used this truck to pull full size pickups out of ditches during snow storms, loaded the bed with enough lumber to build a 10x10 deck, and a pallet of slate stone (roughly 1 ton of stone), and on top of that dove it 150 miles a day for the daily commute. This truck RELIABLE. The body is still in good shape with a few rust spots due to the harsh snow and road salt of northeastern Ohio winters. And until just recently, (with us now in the Harsh southern sun) the paint finish was good. The clear coat is now flaking. No complaints with this truck at all. Hope we get another 300,000 miles of service.

4x4, and Reliability

NONE, just build the new trucks as dependable and as affordable as this truck.

168K miles and not even a flat tire!
By ENG1NEER

1991 Nissan Truck Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SB

This truck is the reason I will never own a domestic. 168K miles and never even a flat tire. I change the oil every 3K miles religeously, and basic maintenance(tires, belts, hoses, and 1 clutch). This truck has crossed the country 4 times and pulled an 88 Nissan Sentra on one of those trips! I have been stopped many times in the parking lot to ask if I was selling her. Not a chance I reply. I had wonderful luck with my sentra, so I bought the truck. So, now that I am sold, I am going to buy a Frontier Crew Cab. Nissan has me as a loyal customer, and it will break my heart to let my 91 Hardbody go. Just need more space than a standard cab can offer.

Original, attractive style, reliability, cost of ownership.

After 168K miles with not so much as a flat tire, would you change anything?