Used 1991 Nissan Truck Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1991 Nissan Truck - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Truck model:

Love this little truck
By Ryan

1991 Nissan Truck 2dr Regular Cab SB

I started driving this truck when I was 15 years old. It's what I first learned to drive. I'm now 24 and I've never had any major problems with it. I have to admit I'm not always great at getting the oil changed every 3k miles, but at 189K she still start up every time. I'm on my 2nd cluch (learning to drive) and never replaced so much as a starter. I've hit a deer, a side rail on a highway, and a small car and never had to do much repair past a bumper and a fender or 2. She still get's about 20 mpg- would be better with a tune up. I can't belive I'm thinking of selling her. Hope the new Nissans hold up as wll as the old.

Reliability. Fun to drive. Good power for a 4 banger.

None.

Great, Reliable and Fun Truck
By Rob

1991 Nissan Truck 2dr Regular Cab SB

I bought my 91' Black Nissan 2WD STD 4CYL. brand new in 91'. I have had this truck now for 14 years (150K)and it has served me well. It is extremely reliable, fun to drive and is very well built - good power for a 4CYL. My repairs included 3 Clutches (because I drive it pretty hard), 2timing chains (per 80K maintenance), 2starters, and new A.C. hoses(I run the A.C.continuously throughout the year),1 oil pump at 150K + regular maintenance. 20mpg. This truck has taken me reliably all over the country and back -I trust it to take me anywhere. Edmunds rates the value around $1450, but having experienced the reliablility and performance of this truck first hand, I would say it's more around $3000

Reliablility, power, smooth ride, ease of repair.

None, works great as is.

168K miles and not even a flat tire!
By ENG1NEER

1991 Nissan Truck 2dr Regular Cab SB

This truck is the reason I will never own a domestic. 168K miles and never even a flat tire. I change the oil every 3K miles religeously, and basic maintenance(tires, belts, hoses, and 1 clutch). This truck has crossed the country 4 times and pulled an 88 Nissan Sentra on one of those trips! I have been stopped many times in the parking lot to ask if I was selling her. Not a chance I reply. I had wonderful luck with my sentra, so I bought the truck. So, now that I am sold, I am going to buy a Frontier Crew Cab. Nissan has me as a loyal customer, and it will break my heart to let my 91 Hardbody go. Just need more space than a standard cab can offer.

Original, attractive style, reliability, cost of ownership.

After 168K miles with not so much as a flat tire, would you change anything?

13 years a winner
By bley

1991 Nissan Truck 2dr Regular Cab SB

I just traded my baby. Very reliable for 13 years but I needed a van. Simple design and built to last. The paint did wear off from being in the sun but that's to be expected. Excellent truck, good power, never left me stranded unless I left the lights on!

Simple design, less to break.

None, she's a peach!

Best $500.00 I ever spent!
By krobp

1991 Nissan Truck 2dr Regular Cab SB

An excellent runabout. Lots of power, great economy, what a pickup truck should be. No Frills, a lot of workability. Strong reliable engine.

Engine