Used 1990 Nissan Truck Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1990 Nissan Truck - Consumer Reviews

1990 Nissan Truck

View reviews for a specific Truck model:

cant kill it
By jojo

1990 Nissan Truck 2dr Regular Cab SB

This thing wont die. I bought it with 200,000 on it. It now has 225,000. Ive drove it hard since I bought it. Still niether leaks or Burns oil. I've ran it up to six thousand without changing the oil and it was still full. I never cared much for Japanese trucks. This one changed my mind completely. I'm in the market for another one for a frame off restore.

Favorite Features

simple no power steering air or anything in the way.its built like an old one

Suggested Improvements

needs more power.but that can be added

Beat up But will never die
By Kiba

1990 Nissan Truck 2dr Regular Cab SB

Well i didn't see a listing for us 1989 owners so i will post here. I bought this as my very first car..and she has been nothing but good to me i have replaced 2 tires a clutch slave cylinder and a headlight but that's all i got her from a mom/pop car dealer as a fleet vehicle from a Quarry and now she hauls hay/horses/etc and she has never let me down. I think the should make cars today like they made this truck...tough sturdy dependable She ain't the prettiest thing out there but she is slowly being rebuilt from the ground up

Favorite Features

The easy to work on 2.4liter l-4 engine and the transmission

Suggested Improvements

You've got to be kidding with this section right? the hard body is perfection!

Trusted for Generations
By Josh

1990 Nissan Truck SE V6 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I bought this truck as my first truck and specifically refused to buy any other model or brand because I have such faith in Nissan. My father had a Nissan of the exact same year and she ran like the day he bought it until crashed. I personally could not be happier with my truck. A few issues, there's a catch in the idle; due to the temp sensor giving out somewhere in the 200k miles before I had it, the electric windows are giving out, and the fuel gauge is deceiving and hard to read. Fixed only minor maintenance and small upgrades. Never failed to start and never gave me any trouble. She's at 230k and runs so well I wish I could drive her for the rest of my life.

Favorite Features

Unholy reliability. There are boulders that would break before this truck.

Suggested Improvements

More attractive exterior design. It holds itself together like a utility truck, but it looks like a utility truck as well. Not terribly aesthetically pleasing.

Nissan Truck
By Mike

1990 Nissan Truck 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

Pretty good all around truck. My transmission was rebuilt at 98,000, but that could have been a simple defect. It's underpowered with the 2.4L 4 cyl for hills but actually goes in snow and offroad a lot better than I expected. I've put the truck through its paces and it goes about anywhere you want it to, doesn't run too bad at all flatland. It doesn't get quite the mileage I was hoping for (about 18-19 mpg tops). It has had the clutch replaced and the timing system redone. She does purr like a kitty. I don't like how low the frames sit, however, because it limits your ground clearance, but for normal driving it doesn't matter. All around, it is pretty tough and reliable.

Favorite Features

Could climb trees if you could get the wheels started up.

Suggested Improvements

Improved engines for better power and fuel milage and bring the frames up higher for better ground clearance.

A Great Truck after 17 years
By JC CARTER

1990 Nissan Truck 2dr Regular Cab SB

I bought this truck in Apr 1999 and it takes a licking and keeps on ticking. This truck will not die. Sometimes I will not drive the truck for months and it still starts in one turn. There may be more expensive trucks out there however, there are none that I would have over my Nissan. The only items I have changed in the truck after eight years are the tires, a Light bulb and the battery. I plan on having this truck at least another ten years.

Favorite Features

The truck is fun to drive.

Suggested Improvements

None...keep it as it is...