1990 Nissan Truck Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Truck model:
It's for the Smithsonian
By ssenjo on 01/18/13 18:05 PM (PST)

1990 Nissan Truck Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SB

I was 30 years old and my dad bought me this truck for $7500 cash brand new. I've put 600,000 miles on it. I'm 52 now and feel old but this truck does not (feel old). Runs absolutely perfect. I've changed the oil in it around 90 times. That's key. The odometer quit about 11 years ago, the muffler 8 years ago and the windshield wipers about 9 years ago. I've had 7 windshields, 3 clutches, a water pump, s-belt, several fuel filters, and a couple of brake jobs. No power steering. Electrical system is pretty messed up. Gauge lights unreliable. Windows can barely get rolled up or down. Major sun cracked dashboard. Truck runs perfect. Cost me nothing, basically, for 22 years.

It just keeps going
By j-toocheap on 10/29/11 20:07 PM (PDT)

1990 Nissan Truck Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SB

I bought this truck for $750 in 07. At the time the truck had just turned over to 200,000 miles. I currently have 209,000 miles on it and I am sure it will go a lot farther. This truck is not my daily driver. It is used for camping, hauling kayaks, moving mulch, dirt, furniture, etc. It often sits for a month without being started but always fires up right away and does whatever I ask of it. This truck has been a great investment for me. It serves my purposes and is very utilitarian. I have had many people offer to take it off my hands. The only maintenance I have done is some exhaust work, one brake line, a and a fuel line. Cost was not more than $450. Truck is 25 yrs old in 2 mo

Runs forever 89 nissan pickup
By runs forever on 11/06/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Nissan Truck Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SB

Amazing little truck. I have had this rig for 16 years and it was already 5 when I bought it. 1989 Nissan standard pickup. It has 225,00 miles on it, been up and back the Alcan twice, driven all over the NW in places most folks use 4x4. I have used it hard, put some dollars into it, and it just keeps on ticking. Starts no problem in well below zero Montana winter. The body is going to rust, but the motor will run forever and ought to be sent to Peru to grind corn or something.

Tonka Toy
By MachNone on 12/13/09 01:18 AM (PST)

1990 Nissan Truck Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SB

I am the second owner of this vehicle (bought in 1997) and as of Dec 2009 it has 271K miles with no signs of quitting. Have only replaced the water pump, which turns out failed due to an over-tightened belt. Also, the truck survived a major multi-vehicle accident where it was both rear-ended and broad- sided. Driver-side wheel well and engine compartment were compacted, but all components still functioned! Insurance totaled the truck anyway and took it off the road. No problem. I simply replaced the tail-lights and got the thing re- registered as a salvage vehicle. Cost to fix my spine cost way more than the tail lights and road test.

cant kill it
By jojo on 07/08/09 17:50 PM (PDT)

1990 Nissan Truck Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SB

This thing wont die. I bought it with 200,000 on it. It now has 225,000. Ive drove it hard since I bought it. Still niether leaks or Burns oil. I've ran it up to six thousand without changing the oil and it was still full. I never cared much for Japanese trucks. This one changed my mind completely. I'm in the market for another one for a frame off restore.

Beat up But will never die
By Kiba on 07/07/09 03:53 AM (PDT)

1990 Nissan Truck Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SB

Well i didn't see a listing for us 1989 owners so i will post here. I bought this as my very first car..and she has been nothing but good to me i have replaced 2 tires a clutch slave cylinder and a headlight but that's all i got her from a mom/pop car dealer as a fleet vehicle from a Quarry and now she hauls hay/horses/etc and she has never let me down. I think the should make cars today like they made this truck...tough sturdy dependable She ain't the prettiest thing out there but she is slowly being rebuilt from the ground up

A Great Truck after 17 years
By JC CARTER on 03/16/07 12:01 PM (PDT)

1990 Nissan Truck Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SB

I bought this truck in Apr 1999 and it takes a licking and keeps on ticking. This truck will not die. Sometimes I will not drive the truck for months and it still starts in one turn. There may be more expensive trucks out there however, there are none that I would have over my Nissan. The only items I have changed in the truck after eight years are the tires, a Light bulb and the battery. I plan on having this truck at least another ten years.

LOVE my pickup
By NissanOwner on 09/24/06 16:56 PM (PDT)

1990 Nissan Truck Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SB

My mother bought this truck back in 1995 as a bank repo. 11 years and 1 owner later, it is still running like a champ. Except for switching to bucket seats from the standard bench, nothing else has been done other than routine maintenance. I plan on keeping this pickup until it either rusts through or the engine gives up the fight (which I expect to take at least another 100,000 miles). It has no air and some rust, but is still perfect to haul the dogs and other large items as well as be my backup vehicle. Don't know if the newer trucks are as good as this one - but if they are, I'd definitely go for one when mine gives up the fight.

Keeps on ticking
By quepues on 08/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Nissan Truck Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SB

Bought my truck used in 1997. Have had it for 6 years now and have put 140,000 since buying it. Has a total of 240000 miles on it. It doesn't look pretty now after all the abuse but the engine still purrrs like a kitten and keeps on ticking. The most dependable vehicle I have had yet.

Work it to death
By Jayvict on 05/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Nissan Truck Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SB

This truck will not quit. I have abused it, pulled twice the recommended weight (tough to stop), cut a pair of Goodyears off the rim because I loaded wood over the cab... you name it I've done it with this truck. In the ten years I've owned it I have spent only $221 in repairs (one muffler and a rebuilt starter). It's basic, it will jar your teeth on bumpy asphalt but it will not die.