Great Truck for the price
By smoothnuke on
2011 Nissan Titan PRO-4X 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)
I bought this truck a little over 3 years ago now and overall it has exceeded my expectations in all aspects. I bought the Pro4x brand new for $28,400 just $400 more than the SV model and I am glad I did. I have used every feature on the vehicle and have had no problems. As of now I do not tow anything regularly, I have towed up to 9000 lbs without any problems at all. I have never gotten stuck in snow/mud and I have definitely put it to the test. The locking rear in 4 low will go through anything. I have put this truck up against many other comparable models and it has out performed time and time again.
Favorite Features
I have used the locking rear on many occasions and it does an amazing job. The shift on the fly 4wd makes it very easy to get out slick situations very quickly. The truck does a great job in off road scenarios. It is very roomy in the cab which allows for hauling many people easily.
Suggested Improvements
One major suggestion would be to get rid of the BF Goodrich AT tires that come stock at 28k miles the tread was worn almost completely bald (even with rotation) Cooper AT3 is has a much better tread, is more affordable, and is an aesthetically pleasing tire. The drivers side backup light burnt out at 2 years, which was an easy fix, just annoying. My battery died at around a year and a half, which is the one thing not covered under warranty, it was a 120 dollar fix to get a replacement battery. The fuel mileage is around average for the size truck, but could be improved upon. Also adding 6" of bed space would be very helpful.