2011 Nissan Titan S Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Nissan Titan - Consumer Reviews

2011 Titan Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Titan model:

Sort Reviews by

Great Truck for the price
By smoothnuke

2011 Nissan Titan PRO-4X 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I bought this truck a little over 3 years ago now and overall it has exceeded my expectations in all aspects. I bought the Pro4x brand new for $28,400 just $400 more than the SV model and I am glad I did. I have used every feature on the vehicle and have had no problems. As of now I do not tow anything regularly, I have towed up to 9000 lbs without any problems at all. I have never gotten stuck in snow/mud and I have definitely put it to the test. The locking rear in 4 low will go through anything. I have put this truck up against many other comparable models and it has out performed time and time again.

Favorite Features

I have used the locking rear on many occasions and it does an amazing job. The shift on the fly 4wd makes it very easy to get out slick situations very quickly. The truck does a great job in off road scenarios. It is very roomy in the cab which allows for hauling many people easily.

Suggested Improvements

One major suggestion would be to get rid of the BF Goodrich AT tires that come stock at 28k miles the tread was worn almost completely bald (even with rotation) Cooper AT3 is has a much better tread, is more affordable, and is an aesthetically pleasing tire. The drivers side backup light burnt out at 2 years, which was an easy fix, just annoying. My battery died at around a year and a half, which is the one thing not covered under warranty, it was a 120 dollar fix to get a replacement battery. The fuel mileage is around average for the size truck, but could be improved upon. Also adding 6" of bed space would be very helpful.

Back again with another Titan
By peachydad

2011 Nissan Titan SV 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Owned a 2004 Titan (first year), and never regretted my decision. It was dependable, and Nissan fixed the warped brake rotors right away, and the truck ran like a champ for 6 years until getting rammed by another driver. I feel this truck is underappreciated and think it's a solid contender and has become a bargain. You ought to consider this truck if you need a large general purpose pickup. My 2011 silver one feels familiar, has tons of mass and power, and still roars with its exhaust, but is solid, comfortable, and big enough for anybody.

Favorite Features

power, solid platform, dependability

Suggested Improvements

tone down the exhaust, time to upgrade the interior, offer some engine choices. (new truck coming in two years).

Great city truck!
By wgrow

2011 Nissan Titan PRO-4X 4dr King Cab 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

This is what I would call a great city truck. The interior features are comfortable and amazing and it has good capacity for doing small hauls. Plenty of acceleration but unfortunately eats gas like it was starving. I haven't had a single problem with the truck in 11 months since purchase, but I do not do a lot of heavy duty work with it. Most of the time I am hauling a trailer with Lawn equipment or similar light items over short distances.

Favorite Features

Favorite feature is the style, comfort, space of the interior, exeleration, and overall feel of safety while driving. Hanldes extremely well and doesn't seem to have an issue towing the small loads that I usually work with.

Suggested Improvements

Nissan made a mistake with the front end of the truck that makes it difficult to see reliability how close your front fender is to the next object. Also, the gas mileage could use some improvement and it baffles me why rails aren't included as part of the standard kit with this model. Finally, while the rear backup sensor is useful, it seems like it was an oversight not to make it a rear backup camera.

Don't Buy It
By farmerboyd

2011 Nissan Titan PRO-4X 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I bought this pickup new in December 2010. I needed a tough truck to work out of on my farm. What could be tougher than a Nissan PRO4X super duper four wheel drive? Now 8 months and 22,000 miles later the front end suspension cratered and the dealership refuses to fix it under warranty. Nissan will not stand behind their product. Also had issues with interior and radiator mounts. I know of three 2011 Titans bought in our small town. One has already traded for Chevy, another hates his pickup, and I will trade as soon as possible. No trade in value makes it hard though. It lost more than $12,000 in value in 8 months. Yikes

Favorite Features

Bluetooth for phones, good acceleration

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage terrible.

poor quality
By rubrman

2011 Nissan Titan SL 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

After many trips to the dealer for a/c defrost repairs still not fixed. Sun roof works on and off would not recommend buy this truck way to many problems.To many to list

Favorite Features

none

Suggested Improvements

do not build them anymore

Great truck
By pianotunertech

2011 Nissan Titan S 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

For a 5.6 the truck pretty muscly. Good acceleration. The drivetrain/ride is pretty smooth like all Nissans tend to be, a level of civilized smoothness. I like the fold up seats in the crew cab back, which by the way are far more comfortable than Ford's and others. I tended to put tools and groceries inside the cab with the seats folded up. I like the looks of the truck too. Toyota had a great thing with the Tundra before it went panda looking, I think the Chevy Silverado has it in the good looks department but the Titan looks aggressive and cool. I think the Titan bed is a little cheap though--seems plastic liner covers places where there isn't sheet metal underneath which I didn't lik

Favorite Features

The power back window is nice, good at getting an open feel in the truck rolled down with all the other windows. In snow, you've got to load this thing up with some weight in the bed, it's overpowered and squirrelly, as most pickups tend to be. The Titan is pretty sporty looking and less frilly than other trucks look to me (certainly less "panda looking" than other Japanese (or should I say American it's built in Mo.) You can get good prices on this truck if you negotiate--it's not as popular a truck as others. The stock sound system HEADS and SHOULDERS above Ford and others--considering stock with no sub, pretty darn good. Don't play your own recorded CD's they will jam. Ipod aux cool

Suggested Improvements

The passenger rear windows in the Crew Cab SOOO slow. Annoying. The front two, auto switch, are fast and fine. The stadium rear seats, cool The fold down below the dash cupholders are weak. I broke mine after only a few weeks. It still works but only by one side hinge. I don't mind the plastics etc. on interior, they reek of functional not fancy, easier to clean, etc. The controls and gauges all there, they are fine. I'd say there are things about the fit and finish interior that look less Japanese in precision and fit and more American, the paint seems a little thinner and vulnerable to scratches. But it definitely benefits from its japanese design and company heritage.