2009 Nissan Titan King Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Titan model:
Great Truck
By Buddy on 01/21/10 09:03 AM (PST)

2009 Nissan Titan King Cab SE 4dr King Cab 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

My son owns a 06 Titan...I fell in love with its spacious cab and excellent features and power! I have mostly owned chevys but when I started looking for my next truck I tried out both...no comparison. The Titan's features, styling, power, and handling was just much better. Then came the price...almost $5000 different. I mainly pull a 19ft. bass boat and a lot of this is on back country roads....I don't know the boat is back there and the handling is like a sports car. I have found that I can get 17.5 mpg combined driving,,,,20.5 highway if I stay at posted speed limits. When towing the boat it drops to 14.5 - 16 mpg. So far I am well pleased with everything about my Titan. Love the room.

it beats walking
By j on 12/16/09 16:20 PM (PST)

2009 Nissan Titan King Cab SE FFV 4dr King Cab 4WD LB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

great power tows my snowmobiles well the fuel mileage 15 all around driving ,20 on highway at 60 mph only problem banging noises from front end and rattles. nissan can't solve problem , they know its an issue.

Value, Value, Value...
By Englander on 11/23/09 18:47 PM (PST)

2009 Nissan Titan King Cab SE FFV 4dr King Cab SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Well after spending $21000 on a new 2009 King Cab SE I could not be happier. A lot of people seem to be upset with poor MPG. Its 5.6 V8 with 300+ hp what do expect if you floor it. I have been driving steady and I do a lot of highway miles and 20 mpg is easy. I had a 4 cylinder Frontier and that got about 24 mpg. Its big comfortable and well equipped for the price of a new Altima. I like most looked at other trucks but you cannot beat the value.

Great for towing trailers
By postal32927 on 10/24/09 11:47 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Titan King Cab SE 4dr King Cab LB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

My son has a 08 with 45,000 miles no problems he pulls a 8 ft trailer. I bought the 09 with the $10,000 off program and love the truck. I got the tow package with it I use the truck to pull a 14 foot trailer with two ATV's over dirt roads with no problems. Gas mileage is not the best when towing getting about 12mpg but be really I'm towing about 3,000 pounds at 70 mph. I looked at other trucks and nothing was even close for the money. I was not going to spend another $7,000 to $8,000 for the same truck from Ford or Chevy. I rented a 09 Ford F150 XLT for a day to check it out. What a joke, The XLT package was not even close to the Titan SE and the ride was hard and uneven.

Great Truck
By Jeff on 08/25/09 19:11 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Titan King Cab SE 4dr King Cab 4WD LB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

This truck has been great so far, truck is actually fun to drive for a truck. Great Power, and tons of room inside.

Quality should be a concern
By Will Moran on 07/21/09 08:23 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Titan King Cab LE 4dr King Cab 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Titian LE Off Road. I have owned it since the day it was new. I have had nothing but problems after 35000 miles. The bakes and rotors were completly destroyed at 11,000 miles at 40,000 miles the differential was blown out and was showing transmission problems. I took my extended warranty to dealership and found nothing wrong with it. Know till this day the transmission is almost completely blown out of it and I have tried to set a case up with Nissan and I have had no response or assistance. My warranty is good for 100,000 mile platinum pro. I do not work in construction or pull heavy trailers. Common day use back in forth to work occasionally four wheel drive in the winter

Titan Review
By Jeisun on 04/02/09 13:13 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Titan King Cab SE 4dr King Cab SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

My Titan has 600 miles on it now. Got it with 6. Very quick off the line! Nice growl to the exhaust and handles great! Took it on the highway for the first time and before I knew it I was cruising at 90. Truck drives Fantastic! Even at 70 had plenty of room for acceleration and passing power. Very comfortable and roomy if not more roomy than the Dodge Ram. Sound system is nice. It's no aftermarket system but for stock, it's decent.

First 6k miles
By hcanismo on 01/25/09 12:41 PM (PST)

2009 Nissan Titan King Cab PRO-4X FFV 4dr King Cab 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

This is my third Nissan pickup. #1 was a 2005 Titan that had terrible mileage and many squeaks, rattles, and vibrations. #2 was a 2007 Frontier NISMO 4x4 which was very reliable, avg mpg was 17.5-18 with a best of 24mpg and a worst of 11mpg towing. NISMO had lots of great features with an excellent stock radio (with the upgraded radio package- the base stereo is terrible). This 2009 Titan Pro4X is a bigger version of my great NISMO 4x4- very flexy suspension, locking diff, great stereo, powerful Hemi-eating engine (yes the Frontier can beat a Hemi), tows well, rides very nice, very reliable, factory spray-on bedliner with rail system, etc. 14.5-15.5 mpg avg before first oil change.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Nissan Titan King-cab in VA is:

$148 per month*