Used 2009 Nissan Titan King Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Nissan Titan - Consumer Reviews

2009 Nissan Titan King Cab

View reviews for a specific Titan model:

Great Truck
By Buddy

2009 Nissan Titan King Cab SE 4dr King Cab 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

My son owns a 06 Titan...I fell in love with its spacious cab and excellent features and power! I have mostly owned chevys but when I started looking for my next truck I tried out both...no comparison. The Titan's features, styling, power, and handling was just much better. Then came the price...almost $5000 different. I mainly pull a 19ft. bass boat and a lot of this is on back country roads....I don't know the boat is back there and the handling is like a sports car. I have found that I can get 17.5 mpg combined driving,,,,20.5 highway if I stay at posted speed limits. When towing the boat it drops to 14.5 - 16 mpg. So far I am well pleased with everything about my Titan. Love the room.

Favorite Features

Power, throaty exhaust, handling, interior roominess and the fact that all of the Titans features are actually thing I wanted and use...unlike other models.

Suggested Improvements

more engine options (diesel), A little softer suspension for non off road models, and a 6 yr. 100,000 mile warranty. Otherwise leave it alone.

it beats walking
By j

2009 Nissan Titan King Cab SE FFV 4dr King Cab 4WD LB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

great power tows my snowmobiles well the fuel mileage 15 all around driving ,20 on highway at 60 mph only problem banging noises from front end and rattles. nissan can't solve problem , they know its an issue.

Favorite Features

styling and power

Suggested Improvements

build quality

Value, Value, Value...
By Englander

2009 Nissan Titan King Cab SE FFV 4dr King Cab SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Well after spending $21000 on a new 2009 King Cab SE I could not be happier. A lot of people seem to be upset with poor MPG. Its 5.6 V8 with 300+ hp what do expect if you floor it. I have been driving steady and I do a lot of highway miles and 20 mpg is easy. I had a 4 cylinder Frontier and that got about 24 mpg. Its big comfortable and well equipped for the price of a new Altima. I like most looked at other trucks but you cannot beat the value.

Favorite Features

Price, Space, highway fuel economy.

Suggested Improvements

Power rear window on King Cab

Great for towing trailers
By postal32927

2009 Nissan Titan King Cab SE 4dr King Cab LB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

My son has a 08 with 45,000 miles no problems he pulls a 8 ft trailer. I bought the 09 with the $10,000 off program and love the truck. I got the tow package with it I use the truck to pull a 14 foot trailer with two ATV's over dirt roads with no problems. Gas mileage is not the best when towing getting about 12mpg but be really I'm towing about 3,000 pounds at 70 mph. I looked at other trucks and nothing was even close for the money. I was not going to spend another $7,000 to $8,000 for the same truck from Ford or Chevy. I rented a 09 Ford F150 XLT for a day to check it out. What a joke, The XLT package was not even close to the Titan SE and the ride was hard and uneven.

Great Truck
By Jeff

2009 Nissan Titan King Cab SE 4dr King Cab 4WD LB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

This truck has been great so far, truck is actually fun to drive for a truck. Great Power, and tons of room inside.

Favorite Features

Engine, Spray on BedLiner, Looks

Suggested Improvements

Fuel economy could be a couple miles per gallon better, although I'm not complaining to much wich the amount of power this thing has.