Used 2009 Nissan Titan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Nissan Titan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Titan model:

Overall piece of Crap ! Not a good investment - Buy Ford or Chevy
By buster1957

2009 Nissan Titan PRO-4X FFV 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I am amazed that the Titan has as many mechanical problems and lack of reliablility. I paid good money for a truck that has not lived up to it's past ratings. I am very disappointed and wish I would have bought a Ford or Chevrolet. I had a 98 Z-71 that was a better truck than the 2009 Nissan Titan.

I like the new feature to lock in the Positive Track. I like the interior room and especially when someone rides along, they comment about the back

2009 Nissan Titan - JUNK!!!!
By freddock

2009 Nissan Titan SE 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

This is a horrible truck. It is pretty to look at but not built very well. At just 117K miles it needs an all new rear end due to a known problem that Nissan is aware of but does nothing about. The pumpkin on the rear axle heats up and destroys the gears inside. A $4000 repair on a three yr old truck. They apparently made the truck look nice but didn't care what they were putting under the hood. Run don't walk away from this one! Go for something reliable like Ford. I would never buy or recommend a Nissan ever again. This is just an expensive piece of junk.

look good

Make it mechanically reliable. Don't need to look good sitting broken down on the side of the road!!!!

Great Power, Weak MPG
By Bill

2009 Nissan Titan SE FFV 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased this titan used with 15,000 miles. Very good value and a tough looking truck. Very comfortable and drives well. I am experimenting with gas mileage. I tried e85 flex fuel and just finished that tank getting 11 mpg city. I have gone back to gasoline hoping for better results. I also have ordered a bed cover hoping that will add some mpg. Overall very happy with the truck, its comfort and power.

5.8 V-8; spacious cab room; cargo light and tow assist on the 2wd model.

GAS MILEAGE - But what can you expect with the engine power (as they say you can't have it all!) Hope that a quality bed cover will had a couple mpg.

Still best truck out there
By ah7771

2009 Nissan Titan LE 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

My 2nd Titan. I have the fully loaded LE with navigation. I compared it to the Tundra which I drove immediately beforehand and even though the Tundra is a newer model and has more hp, the Titan just feels faster and the interior is more luxurious. I compared it to a top-of-the line Tundra.

Navigation works great and you can use it while driving. The toyota requires u to be at a stop. I don't need/want big brother! Tons of interior space. Great stereo. Also, the power. This sucker moves! I put in a K&N air filter and average 17mpg - not too bad for a big powerful truck.

Put the window and door lock controls lower near the arm rest. Needs rear- view camera with the navigation. Has sonar, but camera would be much better. Cylinder deactivation would be nice. Any way to get rid of the big antennae on the hood? Is that a truck thing?

WHAT!
By fuselim

2009 Nissan Titan LE FFV 4dr Crew Cab LB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Plain and simple, treat yourself to a test drive. I've owned this truck for a year and could not be more pleased. Don't listen to the reviews, I think the Big 3's are paying big money to the writers. I hunt, fish and enjoy traveling, this truck is fully capable. I drove a Ford for 17 Years, a Chevy for 10 and these where good trucks but I'm now in the best truck I've ever owned. Me and the wife are going to canada from texas, cain't wait to cross the rockies in this truck.

Styling, comfort, Horsepower, reliability, roomy, the Transmission shifts like silk, in three words-- fun to drive. when I see Chevy, Ford, Toyota and Dodge owners looking at my truck, the look on there face seems to be one of, dang I could have bought a Titan.

I've read articles that give titan a hard time for not changing much over the years, but to me if you got a good thing going why change every couple years just for the sake of change. The Big 3 do this and look at the mess there in. Keep doing your thing Nissan, tell Dodge thanks but no thanks.