2009 Nissan Titan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Titan model:
Overall piece of Crap ! Not a good investment - Buy Ford or Chevy
By buster1957 on 02/04/13 14:29 PM (PST)

2009 Nissan Titan PRO-4X FFV 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I am amazed that the Titan has as many mechanical problems and lack of reliablility. I paid good money for a truck that has not lived up to it's past ratings. I am very disappointed and wish I would have bought a Ford or Chevrolet. I had a 98 Z-71 that was a better truck than the 2009 Nissan Titan.

2009 Nissan Titan - JUNK!!!!
By freddock on 06/29/12 13:39 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Titan SE 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

This is a horrible truck. It is pretty to look at but not built very well. At just 117K miles it needs an all new rear end due to a known problem that Nissan is aware of but does nothing about. The pumpkin on the rear axle heats up and destroys the gears inside. A $4000 repair on a three yr old truck. They apparently made the truck look nice but didn't care what they were putting under the hood. Run don't walk away from this one! Go for something reliable like Ford. I would never buy or recommend a Nissan ever again. This is just an expensive piece of junk.

Great Power, Weak MPG
By Bill on 05/06/10 11:47 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Titan SE FFV 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased this titan used with 15,000 miles. Very good value and a tough looking truck. Very comfortable and drives well. I am experimenting with gas mileage. I tried e85 flex fuel and just finished that tank getting 11 mpg city. I have gone back to gasoline hoping for better results. I also have ordered a bed cover hoping that will add some mpg. Overall very happy with the truck, its comfort and power.

Still best truck out there
By ah7771 on 04/22/10 17:00 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Titan LE 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

My 2nd Titan. I have the fully loaded LE with navigation. I compared it to the Tundra which I drove immediately beforehand and even though the Tundra is a newer model and has more hp, the Titan just feels faster and the interior is more luxurious. I compared it to a top-of-the line Tundra.

WHAT!
By fuselim on 03/20/10 21:42 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Titan LE FFV 4dr Crew Cab LB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Plain and simple, treat yourself to a test drive. I've owned this truck for a year and could not be more pleased. Don't listen to the reviews, I think the Big 3's are paying big money to the writers. I hunt, fish and enjoy traveling, this truck is fully capable. I drove a Ford for 17 Years, a Chevy for 10 and these where good trucks but I'm now in the best truck I've ever owned. Me and the wife are going to canada from texas, cain't wait to cross the rockies in this truck.

Great Truck
By Buddy on 01/21/10 09:03 AM (PST)

2009 Nissan Titan SE 4dr King Cab 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

My son owns a 06 Titan...I fell in love with its spacious cab and excellent features and power! I have mostly owned chevys but when I started looking for my next truck I tried out both...no comparison. The Titan's features, styling, power, and handling was just much better. Then came the price...almost $5000 different. I mainly pull a 19ft. bass boat and a lot of this is on back country roads....I don't know the boat is back there and the handling is like a sports car. I have found that I can get 17.5 mpg combined driving,,,,20.5 highway if I stay at posted speed limits. When towing the boat it drops to 14.5 - 16 mpg. So far I am well pleased with everything about my Titan. Love the room.

2009 Titan SE
By tb on 12/28/09 10:57 AM (PST)

2009 Nissan Titan SE FFV 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I purchases this truck to replace my 2005 titan that I leased. I personally liked the 05 much better. Some of the flashy features have been removed like the chrome mirror covers. The SE truck should come with fog lights. It also seems the suspension is a little different as the ride in the 09 seems to be bumpier.

it beats walking
By j on 12/16/09 16:20 PM (PST)

2009 Nissan Titan SE FFV 4dr King Cab 4WD LB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

great power tows my snowmobiles well the fuel mileage 15 all around driving ,20 on highway at 60 mph only problem banging noises from front end and rattles. nissan can't solve problem , they know its an issue.

Lots of Power
By RHW on 11/25/09 18:37 PM (PST)

2009 Nissan Titan LE 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Have used this truck for business purposes since I bought it new 7 months ago. I use it to pull a tandem axle trailer weight approx. 6K pounds 90% of the time. The truck pulls this trailer flawlessly! No complaints at all. The crew cab w/ long bed allows me to take the family along with tools, trailer, and a good size load with no worries thus far. Fuel mileage is to be expected for a truck of this size and power, but well worth it. My only semi complaint is that the exhaust noise occasionally wears on me by the end of the day. It is a sharp looking truck, plenty of space, comfortable, and can be used as an office on wheels. As a contractor, I am completely satisfied with this truck thus far

Value, Value, Value...
By Englander on 11/23/09 18:47 PM (PST)

2009 Nissan Titan SE FFV 4dr King Cab SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Well after spending $21000 on a new 2009 King Cab SE I could not be happier. A lot of people seem to be upset with poor MPG. Its 5.6 V8 with 300+ hp what do expect if you floor it. I have been driving steady and I do a lot of highway miles and 20 mpg is easy. I had a 4 cylinder Frontier and that got about 24 mpg. Its big comfortable and well equipped for the price of a new Altima. I like most looked at other trucks but you cannot beat the value.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Nissan Titan in VA is:

$148 per month*