Used 2009 Nissan Titan Consumer Reviews - 22 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Nissan Titan - Consumer Reviews

2009 Nissan Titan

View reviews for a specific Titan model:

Waited 7 years to write this...
By Scott

2009 Nissan Titan SE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

One thing you'll notice is all the positive reviews of this truck were written within a year of owning it. I waited 7 years.

I can tell you for certain that the Nissan Titan is one giant money pit. It will have problems and Nissan will not support you. I will never own another Nissan.

Power windows, stereo, brakes, and rotors will fail/warp and you will spend tons trying to fix these issues. Not to mention the squeaks, whines and rattles that Nissan will not be able to pinpoint or fix.

Driving this truck is akin to what it might be like to drive a freight train. Or... driving a really nice looking freight train. I only had 72,000 miles on it when I ditched it and I was going on my 4th set of tires. Good tires. Is this a problem? Nope. Not according to Nissan. They say it's totally normal. They say the truck is so powerful (it is) that it eats tires. Truthfully- this truck has far more power than a Ford or Chevy fan would care to admit, but that doesn't make it worth owning.

Don't buy a Titan. I upgraded to a Limited Tundra and I won't look back.

To Bad Nissan
By Michael

2009 Nissan Titan SE 4dr King Cab 4WD LB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

This is my third Nissan Truck and the poorest of the three, there won't be another. I bought it new and now have 45 thousand miles on it. I just had to replace the front brakes. This is the first vehicle in twenty years that I have had to replace brakes before 75 thousand miles. It is garage kept and at six years old used very little. I hope the people at Nissan our very happy with the money they saved building this truck. Because I hope most people are like me and say there our a bunch of other choices then to go back to Nissan.

Overall piece of Crap ! Not a good investment - Buy Ford or Chevy
By buster1957

2009 Nissan Titan PRO-4X FFV 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I am amazed that the Titan has as many mechanical problems and lack of reliablility. I paid good money for a truck that has not lived up to it's past ratings. I am very disappointed and wish I would have bought a Ford or Chevrolet. I had a 98 Z-71 that was a better truck than the 2009 Nissan Titan.

I like the new feature to lock in the Positive Track. I like the interior room and especially when someone rides along, they comment about the back

2009 Nissan Titan - JUNK!!!!
By freddock

2009 Nissan Titan SE 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

This is a horrible truck.
It is pretty to look at but not built very well.
At just 117K miles it needs an all new rear end due to a known problem that Nissan is aware of but does nothing about.
The pumpkin on the rear axle heats up and destroys the gears inside.
A $4000 repair on a three yr old truck.
They apparently made the truck look nice but didn't care what they were putting under the hood.
Run don't walk away from this one!
Go for something reliable like Ford.
I would never buy or recommend a Nissan ever again.
This is just an expensive piece of junk.

look good

Make it mechanically reliable. Don't need to look good sitting broken down on the side of the road!!!!

Great Power, Weak MPG
By Bill

2009 Nissan Titan SE FFV 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased this titan used with 15,000 miles. Very good value and a tough looking truck. Very comfortable and drives well. I am experimenting with gas mileage. I tried e85 flex fuel and just finished that tank getting 11 mpg city. I have gone back to gasoline hoping for better results. I also have ordered a bed cover hoping that will add some mpg. Overall very happy with the truck, its comfort and power.

5.8 V-8; spacious cab room; cargo light and tow assist on the 2wd model.

GAS MILEAGE - But what can you expect with the engine power (as they say you can't have it all!) Hope that a quality bed cover will had a couple mpg.