2008 Nissan Titan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Titan model:
Great Truck
By SE King Cab 2WD on 01/20/08 00:48 AM (PST)

2008 Nissan Titan SE 4dr King Cab SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I must start by saying I went into the truck market looking to by the ford F-150. At the time I thought I was settling for the Titan, that notion has changed!! This is a great truck!! I must admit I bought the truck because of the large 5,000 rebate. I bought the SE model in king cab form, but doesn't seem as large as the Chevy or Tundra in the back. The ride and cabin noise is quieter than my wifes Acura MDX!! This truck is VERY well built. I know I made the right choice!!

Comfort and Quality
By Joe on 01/18/08 19:25 PM (PST)

2008 Nissan Titan New SE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I wanted a truck that would handle not only my towing and hauling needs but be very comfortable. The ride and handling are first class. The ride is smooth and quiet. The captain's chairs are very comfortable. The Rockford Fosgate sound system with the XM radio is exceptional. It makes you feel as though you are driving in a luxury automobile. The build quality is very good. There weren't any defects at delivery. The gas mileage is as expected for a large truck with this much power. I get approximately 21 MPG on the highway going around 68 MPH. Around town about 14. The king cab provides plenty of room even for a six foot tall adult. This is a quality vehicle at a bargain price. Great truck

2008 Nissan Titan LE
By drew on 01/12/08 19:18 PM (PST)

2008 Nissan Titan New LE FFV 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Bought the Titan LE after seeing that it had a 7 foot bed and a truly roomy four door plus a lot of creature comforts and features. So far I love the way it drives. Mileage is less than my old F350 dually diesel and it doesn't haul as much but it rides like a caddy. Added a Banks exhaust and Nismo intake - now it sounds as good as it looks. Also dumped the Rockford Fosgate amp, speakers and subwoofer and replaced with JL Audio goodies to make it thump for real. It looks great. It is comfortable. It is fast and fun. Great navigation and rear dvd. Built in ipod jack. The list goes on. Overall a great truck. Pulls our trailer adequately and hauls what we need.

Love this truck
By Chris on 01/07/08 19:33 PM (PST)

2008 Nissan Titan New LE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

This is my third Nissan. This is the best truck ever. Gas mileage is not that great, (but wait). I started with Halvoline 10w 30 oil and was getting about 13 mpg around town. My first oil change I went to Valvoline 10w 30 DuraBlend and now I am getting 16.9 mpg city and about 18 mpgs on the intersate. I would have never believed this, but I tried it and it works.

Man's NEW best friend
By Grench on 01/02/08 12:38 PM (PST)

2008 Nissan Titan LE FFV 4dr Crew Cab LB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Just as rewarding and fullfilling, but leaves nothing in the house or in the yard for you to step in. Couldn't be happier with the performance. Previous vehicle was 2000 Frontier. Upgrading to this Titan was a great move. I'm still getting the hang of parking in close quarters with the long bed. Otherwise, so much fun to drive. LE has all the comforts needed for the road.

Just some info!!!! :)
By CSR on 12/23/07 19:11 PM (PST)

2008 Nissan Titan PRO-4X FFV 4dr King Cab 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Purchased brand new 2008 Titan pro-4x, galaxy black with the leather bench and Rockford system. Awesome looking with tow and sliding bed divider. Truck has been a pleasure to drive so far. Lots of power and getting lots of looks. Radio rocks and bluetooth works well. Getting between 11-13 mpg so far; only 400 miles on truck so too early to tell how close epa mpg will be. Two issues though - truck delivered with airbag malfunction which needed a dashboard drop and new airbag module installed and the incab microfilter missing. MX shop told me 3 days to 2 weeks to get fixed - lol!!! Not great news for a brand new truck BUT fixed in 3 days.

Amazed!
By David B on 12/23/07 15:09 PM (PST)

2008 Nissan Titan LE 4dr King Cab LB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I was looking for a car for my daughter and while I was there, test drove this truck on a whim. I was completely amazed at the ride comfort and features. I traded my Dodge Hemi- Ram Laredo that afternoon. Not a lot of difference in the power but the difference in the ride and handling is like night and day. Finally, a truly functional and capable truck that doesn't ride like a chuck-wagon or handle like a battleship.

Best of the 5 full-size trucks
By D. Robin on 12/22/07 19:17 PM (PST)

2008 Nissan Titan SE 4dr King Cab SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

This is my 5th vehicle and first truck. First 4 were all Honda/Acura. After signing on the dotted line, the Titan has exceeded my expectations. The throaty factory exhaust audibly transfers the engines power into a beautiful sound when you hit the gas. The Titan interior felt more like what I was accustomed to with Honda cars. All the early defects from '04 have been resolved.

Bill from NH
By Bill Page on 12/14/07 12:47 PM (PST)

2008 Nissan Titan New SE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

The Titan is a vehicle that provides both comfort and as needed is a workhorse. As a general contractor, we have the bulk of materials delivered to the job site. What is left are the odd ball items, a few sheets of plywood, bath fixtures etc. Most of my truck cargo is tools for specific needs and random items. The Titan handles well does not feel as bulky as the Tundra. The 5 speed transmission is smooth shifting and takes fewer RPMs with the extra gear compared to the 4 speed GMCs. The firm suspension is welcome, not much off roading done but many expressway exit ramps and the Titan holds firm. Good interior, no manual needed for controls. The Titan is comfortable and a workhorse.

Great Truck
By Bob Robertson on 11/29/07 13:33 PM (PST)

2008 Nissan Titan New PRO-4X FFV 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I traded in a 2006 GMC Duramax for this Nissan Pro 4X and I am very happy with my decision. I have pulled loads up to the max towing weight and had no problems at all. I love the interior room and all of the great storage compartments. The Rockford Fosgate audio system is great! I love the bluetooth for my phone and the ride and handling are awesome.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2008 Nissan Titan in WA is:

$166 per month*