2008 Nissan Titan King Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Titan model:
time to buy it
By designbo1 on 06/06/12 06:51 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Titan King Cab LE FFV 4dr King Cab SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Well my lease is finally up and as stated before I'm buying this truck!!! Nissan tried their best to sell me another one, but they couldn't budge me from purchasing this one. One fine truck. 50K on it and not one issue what so ever. I'm stuck on this one and hopefully it will last many, many more miles.. Fantastic truck... Heard Nissan will be coming with Turbo-Charged version in 2014,, If it's anything like this it will be a winner!!!!!Ride is still outstanding, performance is second to none and it rocks!!!

Not Very Happy
By rangerdeppe on 01/13/11 12:48 PM (PST)

2008 Nissan Titan King Cab New PRO-4X FFV 4dr King Cab 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I bought a 2008 Pro4X new from Nissan, and it has not been one of my better vehicles. It's had numerous recalls, the gas milage is terrible, the locking differential has never worked, the driver's seats squeeks loudly, the rear doors rattle, and now the rear bumper is rusting. This is the last straw for me. Since the truck is 3 years old, and has over 36K miles, Nissan will not fix the bumper. I can't believe it! This truck was nearly $40K, has never been in any kind of accident, and Nissan won't cover rust?! They told me that the rust warranty only applied to body panels, and bumpers were not covered. The rest of my truck still looks new, and the rear bumper has a big rust spot!

Mixed Feelings
By Truck Dude on 11/06/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Titan King Cab New XE FFV 4dr King Cab 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

The 5.6 puts you a quick stomp away from instant gratification. A good mash when you are not loaded will put you in the back seat. The throaty exhaust note is hard to beat. 390 lbs of torque makes the Titan the best tow rig I have ever driven. The suspension is spot-on. The interior is quiet and the seats are awesome. However, the truck has it's down side. The sloping front end and flared rear fenders make judging distance in a parking lot quite difficult- rear blind spots swallow a Caddy with 10ft to spare. The turning radius isn't exactly competitive. Fuel economy is worst in class- mostly highway, I avg'd 14. I got 17 mpg hwy with a tonneau cover and 10 mpg with an enclosed trailer.

Titans rule!
By Bud on 09/28/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Titan King Cab SE FFV 4dr King Cab 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Bought this truck used with 6500 miles on it at a Chevy dealer that was going out of business, got the deal of a lifetime to say the least. The Titan is smooth, fast, reliable, and comfortable with the captains power seat. The only issues I have had were a bad A/C condenser fan, leaky radiator cap, and I fixed the A/C drain tube myself. No squeaks or rattles, solid brakes, handles like a smaller truck. The paint and plastics quality is sub par, other than that and the 12-13 mpg there are no downsides to owning a Titan.

Great Truck
By Dennis on 03/04/10 16:29 PM (PST)

2008 Nissan Titan King Cab New XE 4dr King Cab SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Great Power, very comfortable, smooth ride, gas mileage 14-15 town 17-18 highway. This truck is very under rated.

Best Truck I've Owned
By JB on 12/29/09 08:57 AM (PST)

2008 Nissan Titan King Cab New SE FFV 4dr King Cab SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

This is the first vehicle I have owned and not looked forward to trading for a new one. The truck is fun to drive, sits very high, and makes you feel like the king of the road. Smooth ride, great looks, comfortable seats all around, and more interior space than you could imagine. Deep console is great for storing anything and everything, with ability to lock for security. Honestly best truck on the market for comfort and reliability. Solid truck. Repair shop said Titans are the most reliable trucks with the fewest problems.

BACK AGAIN, and again
By designbo on 07/02/09 15:38 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Titan King Cab New LE 4dr King Cab SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Now at 12,000 miles and couldn't be happier. Truck is truly awesome. This truck turns heads and no one and I mean no one tries to out run me...fantastic is all I can say.. when my lease runs out this will be mine for ever.... people can not believe how good it rides, sound system and power.

my titan
By kenseth on 06/28/09 08:02 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Titan King Cab SE 4dr King Cab 4WD LB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

this truck is solid and reliable,i like the long bed can get a lot of stuff in there,

Nissan Fan
By Heath Webster on 06/03/09 08:11 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Titan King Cab SE FFV 4dr King Cab SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

This is a well built truck. handling, comfort, and quality are are tops compared to the other trucks i have looked at and driven. I have heard the news about chrysler and nissan getting together to build a new truck in 2010. Im glad i got mine now. Anyway, I love my Titan, its a sexy beast.

nice big truck
By Dave on 03/24/09 13:37 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Titan King Cab SE 4dr King Cab 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I traded a Chevrolet Silverado for my Titan and the difference is night and day. I have a big V-8 and I get equal mileage as my chevy with the v-6. The unique styling takes a lot to get used to. I like how the seats are higher which gives a better view of the road and put that with the massive glass, it is like riding around in a glass car. The fuel mileage is absolutely terrible, but I put the recommended amount of MOTORKOTE in the crankcase and it increased the mileage form 13 to 14.5. The thing rides fantastic as well. very smooth. The stock stereo with 6 speakers sounds great. Seats are big, which is good for me because I am a big dude. I have had for 6 months and still can't park it very

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2008 Nissan Titan King-cab in NJ is:

$229 per month*