Used 2008 Nissan Titan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Nissan Titan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Titan model:

Great truck
By Eddie

2008 Nissan Titan New XE 4dr Crew Cab LB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I bought my truck new in 2008 and now have 80000 miles on it it still tows great and I have no problems with this truck i love it and I would buy another one

time to buy it
By designbo1

2008 Nissan Titan LE FFV 4dr King Cab SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Well my lease is finally up and as stated before I'm buying this truck!!! Nissan tried their best to sell me another one, but they couldn't budge me from purchasing this one. One fine truck. 50K on it and not one issue what so ever. I'm stuck on this one and hopefully it will last many, many more miles.. Fantastic truck... Heard Nissan will be coming with Turbo-Charged version in 2014,, If it's anything like this it will be a winner!!!!!Ride is still outstanding, performance is second to none and it rocks!!!

Ride, Comfort, great features.

Provide storage on both sides of truck, not just on left side.

Not Very Happy
By rangerdeppe

2008 Nissan Titan New PRO-4X FFV 4dr King Cab 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I bought a 2008 Pro4X new from Nissan, and it has not been one of my better vehicles. It's had numerous recalls, the gas milage is terrible, the locking differential has never worked, the driver's seats squeeks loudly, the rear doors rattle, and now the rear bumper is rusting. This is the last straw for me. Since the truck is 3 years old, and has over 36K miles, Nissan will not fix the bumper. I can't believe it! This truck was nearly $40K, has never been in any kind of accident, and Nissan won't cover rust?! They told me that the rust warranty only applied to body panels, and bumpers were not covered. The rest of my truck still looks new, and the rear bumper has a big rust spot!

Power and ride quality.

Better fuel economy, tighter cab, better warranty and customer service!

Bad trade in value/bad gas mileage
By Julian Martinez

2008 Nissan Titan SE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Bought 2008 Titan new paid $ 28,000 for it 1 1/2 yrs later with only 14,000 miles I tried to trade it in for a new truck they offered me $ 13,200 trade in,what an insult. I wish they would have told me this when I purchased the truck. Wish they would have said when you come back to trade your truck in you will get a big screwing.Truck depreciated $14,800 in 1 1/2 yrs wow. Worst fuel mileage ever. Bad resale/trade in value. Wish I could talk to a Nisan representative.

Trade in value gas mileage

Mixed Feelings
By Truck Dude

2008 Nissan Titan New XE FFV 4dr King Cab 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

The 5.6 puts you a quick stomp away from instant gratification. A good mash when you are not loaded will put you in the back seat. The throaty exhaust note is hard to beat. 390 lbs of torque makes the Titan the best tow rig I have ever driven. The suspension is spot-on. The interior is quiet and the seats are awesome. However, the truck has it's down side. The sloping front end and flared rear fenders make judging distance in a parking lot quite difficult- rear blind spots swallow a Caddy with 10ft to spare. The turning radius isn't exactly competitive. Fuel economy is worst in class- mostly highway, I avg'd 14. I got 17 mpg hwy with a tonneau cover and 10 mpg with an enclosed trailer.

The sheer power is the best thing this truck has going for it.

This sounds stupid, but the paint is incredibly easy to scratch. Aside from that, the best change would be some modern tech in the intake/fuel system to boost the MPG. 17 should be the average, not the absolute best. I saved serious cash by trading her for a small car AND an old truck for work.

• SUV