2006 Nissan Titan Consumer Review: Great Truck.... Not so Great M

2006 Nissan Titan - Consumer Review

Great Truck.... Not so Great MPG
By DK on

2006 Nissan Titan XE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I have owned them all.... so far this is the best truck and one of the best vehicles that I have owned. I traded a Nissan 350Z convertible in (now that my mid-life crisis has passed). It is very roomy and comfortable. I put over 2K miles on it in the first week of ownership. Drove from TN to AL and only averaged 13 mpg. Was expecting about 17 mpg. It may get better with the summer fuel mix and a moderate break in. Easily cruises at 85 mph. Hmmm... did I say that I get poor MPG? I do have the Off Road and Big Tow packages so that accounts for a lower gear ratio which probably hurts MPG a bit. But YOWSA!!!! This thing will move down the road!

Power, smoothness of ride, quiet interior, interior storage compartments, wireless headphone with rear controls for audio. Did I say power?

Maybe a different gear ratio for imporved MPG. Make automatic headlights standard equipment. Add AC outlets (i.e. Toyota) for plugging of laptops, etc.