2006 Nissan Titan Consumer Review: Close to Perfect Truck

2006 Nissan Titan - Consumer Review

2006 Nissan Titan

Close to Perfect Truck
By LMH on

2006 Nissan Titan XE FFV 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Simply stated, the Titan towers above the others. I have never owned a Japanese car. I have driven Chevy and Ford trucks for decades. I qualify for the Ford A-plan, which would have made an F-150 thousands less. The Titan has more power, better fuel economy, more room, nicer styling, better comfort, and more functionality than all of the competition. My prior truck, an F-150 V-6, would average about 14 MPG regardless of where I drove. I just returned from a 500 mile weekend trip with plenty of foothills, stop-and-go, and freeway driving; 3/4 tank for the whole trip with 18.55 MPG... WOW! I did a lot of research before buying. I believe the Titan is the most well- tought-out truck ever built!

Fuel Economy; yes, fuel economy. Styling; I drive clients for selection sessions on a regular basis. The stylish insterior is professional enough for even my wealthiest client. Fuctionality; the gauges & components are very conveniently placed. Power; Corvettes & Mustangs look awesome in my mirrors!

Those who think they are getting 9 MPG have probably made a mathematical error or can't keep their foot out of the 305 horsepower. The others probably just haven't owned a full- sized 4x4 before. Truck mileage in the teens is very respectable. Compare the F-150 XLT trim to the Titan XE when pricing.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review