Close to Perfect Truck
By LMH on
2006 Nissan Titan XE FFV 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)
Simply stated, the Titan towers above the others. I have never owned a Japanese car. I have driven Chevy and Ford trucks for decades. I qualify for the Ford A-plan, which would have made an F-150 thousands less. The Titan has more power, better fuel economy, more room, nicer styling, better comfort, and more functionality than all of the competition. My prior truck, an F-150 V-6, would average about 14 MPG regardless of where I drove. I just returned from a 500 mile weekend trip with plenty of foothills, stop-and-go, and freeway driving; 3/4 tank for the whole trip with 18.55 MPG... WOW! I did a lot of research before buying. I believe the Titan is the most well- tought-out truck ever built!
Favorite Features
Fuel Economy; yes, fuel economy. Styling; I drive clients for selection sessions on a regular basis. The stylish insterior is professional enough for even my wealthiest client. Fuctionality; the gauges & components are very conveniently placed. Power; Corvettes & Mustangs look awesome in my mirrors!
Suggested Improvements
Those who think they are getting 9 MPG have probably made a mathematical error or can't keep their foot out of the 305 horsepower. The others probably just haven't owned a full- sized 4x4 before. Truck mileage in the teens is very respectable. Compare the F-150 XLT trim to the Titan XE when pricing.