2006 Nissan Titan Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Titan model:
best truck hands down
By jwestfall on 02/27/06 12:37 PM (PST)

2006 Nissan Titan Crew Cab XE 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I have always been a Dodge truck fan, until the Titan came into the picture. I test drove every large truck on the market, and none of them compare to the standard available power and options in the Titan. The overall handling, comfort, and style of the Titan is unmatched. The one and only complaint that I have is true with every other full-size truck on the market, the fuel economy is very poor. But what do you expect from a true V8 motor?

great truck
By jc Sandoval on 02/16/06 20:19 PM (PST)

2006 Nissan Titan Crew Cab SE 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

greast driving , handles a little stiff , comfort is great , driving is fun. price a little high

Nissan Built the Right Truck
By estrellazero on 02/15/06 15:15 PM (PST)

2006 Nissan Titan Crew Cab LE 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Titan's power is great and going 0 - 60 is just as fun as it is in a car. It rides smooth and handles like a car, and yet it's rugged enough to dig through a swamp or pull your 9500 lb. camping trailer. The interior and exterior are large and appealing. The Titan very practical as passenger, work, or playing vehicle!!

2006 LE CC 4X2
By Terry on 02/06/06 11:46 AM (PST)

2006 Nissan Titan Crew Cab LE FFV 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I absolutely love this truck! It took me a long time to decide on whether to buy a Titan due to the quality issues in the past. All issues have supposedly been fixed and I have had no problems. Ride and interior noise are similar to new F150's. It's rather odd to hear a throaty exhaust note coming from an import truck but it does not become annoying. Auto dual climate control is a nice option albeit a little confusing at first. The power folding mirrors are great for tight parking spots. Overall I am extremely please with the vehicle.

Best In Class
By J-Dog on 02/03/06 12:26 PM (PST)

2006 Nissan Titan Crew Cab XE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I love this truck. The only complaint I have is of course the fuel economy, but it is par for all other full size trucks with a 8 cylinder motor. It has more than enough power, and the comfort is amazing. The standard motor is a top of the line upgrade for most truck makers. I used to be a diehard Dodge fan, but I couldn't go back to that after driving a Titan.

Whats up with the gearing ?
By TOM on 01/31/06 20:55 PM (PST)

2006 Nissan Titan Crew Cab SE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

This truck is very comfortable, quiet cab, nice controls etc... but what really makes this truck disappointing is the GEARING. Nissan posts the truck has 379 ft/lbs of torque and the lowest gears you can get are 3.36:1 with the big tow package. The best fuel miles I've gotten are 16mpg on the highway. You cannot make this truck accelerate just because it has a 5-speed transmission. Go Drive a NEW Silverado with a 5.3L (smaller) engine w/ 3.73:1 gears, result - the Chevy will out pull, out accelerate this Nissan everyday of the week and twice on Sundays plus the Silverado gets 19- 20mpg on the highway because of its OVERDRIVE transmission. GEARING is EVERYTHING in a truck this heavy. GM wins.

Good so far
By PG on 01/23/06 22:25 PM (PST)

2006 Nissan Titan Crew Cab SE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Hard to tell with only 700 miles, but I like it so far. Smooth running, plenty of power and roomy. I had a Nissan before this and at 147,000 miles it ran like new. I hope i have the same experience this time.

Great truck....Go Nissan!
By Ned Booher on 12/06/05 22:32 PM (PST)

2006 Nissan Titan Crew Cab SE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Makes a great work truck, and has a very comfortable ride. With 31,000 miles in 10 months, this rig is taking a beating. I recommend this truck to anyone who wants to have a lot of fun driving a very tough rig many thousands of miles. Here's to hoping I make it to 175,000mi w/out any major issues. :) PS...The brake replacement from Nissan is working nicely.

Best PU I've driven
By Michael Bauer on 11/15/05 23:46 PM (PST)

2006 Nissan Titan Crew Cab LE FFV 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I have owned three pick-ups in the last 7 years. This pick-up truck is by far the best I've driven. I have had no warranty issues so far in the first 6,000 miles of ownership. This truck performs like no other truck I've driven in it's class. It has more power and torque than my previous Ford F-150 4x4 and Chevrolet 1500 4x4. It gets OK fuel economy but I have a heavy tow package & low gears so I have to expect that!! This Pick-up has the best comfort features that I've seen. I think that Consumer Reports is definetly dealing with scewed data when they report this vehicle with a poor reliability record. Somebody is in their back pockets!!

Titanic Cruising in Open Water
By brad on 11/08/05 01:19 AM (PST)

2006 Nissan Titan Crew Cab LE FFV 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Excellent truck; outstanding design. I use this truck for family outings, commuting to work and hauling a two horse trailer (est 5,000#). Excellent all-around performance.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.