Used 2006 Nissan Titan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Nissan Titan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Titan model:

TOW Vehicle
By NYCrcPILOT

2006 Nissan Titan LE 4dr King Cab SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

mileage has been between 19 and 24 mpg on highways, city is low as expected. Very comfortable for long drives. Only 3000 miles on it.

towing ability-pulling a 29 foot trailer

first truck-Very pleased

Great Truck.... Not so Great MPG
By DK

2006 Nissan Titan XE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I have owned them all.... so far this is the best truck and one of the best vehicles that I have owned. I traded a Nissan 350Z convertible in (now that my mid-life crisis has passed). It is very roomy and comfortable. I put over 2K miles on it in the first week of ownership. Drove from TN to AL and only averaged 13 mpg. Was expecting about 17 mpg. It may get better with the summer fuel mix and a moderate break in. Easily cruises at 85 mph. Hmmm... did I say that I get poor MPG? I do have the Off Road and Big Tow packages so that accounts for a lower gear ratio which probably hurts MPG a bit. But YOWSA!!!! This thing will move down the road!

Power, smoothness of ride, quiet interior, interior storage compartments, wireless headphone with rear controls for audio. Did I say power?

Maybe a different gear ratio for imporved MPG. Make automatic headlights standard equipment. Add AC outlets (i.e. Toyota) for plugging of laptops, etc.

Overall an excellent truck
By tracktech

2006 Nissan Titan LE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Overall, I have been very satisfied with my 2006 Majestic Blue Crew Cab 4WD Nissan Titan LE. I have had to bring it back to the dealer for a few things covered under warranty, but nothing major. Also, when installing aftermarket products, there is ABSOLUTELY no room in the engine compartment for anything additional. The cab is unbelievably spacious and comfortable, and the 5.6 Liter 8 is very bold. Sometimes a little too loose in the rear end though. I used to want my first truck to be Ford or Chevy, but after the release of the Titan I couldn't pass it up, and I'm glad I didn't.

5.6 Liter V8, Stock Rockford Audio with a Sub under the driver's seat, Spray on bed liner, Exterior Look, Interior room and comfort.

Allow better access to components under the hood, Mix up the dash backlight color; orange for everything gets to be a little hard on the eyes, raise the running boards about 1/2" to 1" to allow us big framed guys to get under the truck.

Great Truck
By CHAD

2006 Nissan Titan SE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

No problems yet fun to drive but a little poor on the gas mileage.Overall, i would buy again

One Happy Titan Owner
By Donnie

2006 Nissan Titan SE FFV 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Not being a " jump into a purchase " type of person, I bought the Titan. I smile every time i drive it. Sure the mileage could be better, but the experience of driving it makes up for it. Not your average truck, ask anyone that has driven one .Satisfied !

Size and Performance