2006 Nissan Titan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Titan model:
What a Truck
By Phillips on 08/11/06 06:30 AM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Titan SE 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

What a truck, fun to drive, work out of and have fun in

Love this truck
By LIONSNIS on 07/30/06 09:19 AM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Titan SE 4dr King Cab SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

just have to say thank you nissan for makeing a TRUCK, thats right a truck ahead of the rest . i get so many compliments on the truck it's great, can't wait to go somewere my wife needs something from the store you bet i say yes ill go for you honey thank you agin for The #1 truck made ... Have a great day

I love it
By cwt on 07/26/06 17:36 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Titan SE 4dr King Cab SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Super size, especially the interior. It's a major step up from the 2003 Frontier I used to drive. I can't imagine a better built truck. Fuel economy is about what you'd expect from a full size truck. The ride is great, power is fantastic. I love it.

I've owned the rest. now I got the BEST
By smoke20 on 07/25/06 20:12 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Titan SE 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

When I went looking for a new truck, I decided I needed a crew cab because of my kids. Well being a die hard GMC person thats where I went 1st. Prices for a 2 wheel drive four door were crazy!!! To make a long story short I tried every full size truck on the market. I was about to purchase a 2006 dodge with a hemi, when a friend suggested nissan. I was not looking for a Japanese vehicle I told him. Well after he convinced me to test drive a TITAN I bought the truck the same day. My deep water blue TITAN is the best truck I have ever owned Nissan got this one right!

Titan is a Winner!
By dvalade on 07/25/06 08:41 AM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Titan LE 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I test drove the Chevy Avalanche and then the Nissan Titan. The Titan was roomier by far. It also had exceptional pricing and the buyer receives a lot of quality options at a very good price. MPG was within .5 of rated for both City and Highway. The only option not offered was a hard tonneau cover and outside cab roof lights.

6 month review.
By Spider8408 on 07/17/06 23:08 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Titan SE FFV 4dr King Cab 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Most people review a vehicle right after they buy it. I decided to wait until 6 month time period. I have 9,000 miles on her. Absolutely love it. Gas is what I expected, high 15 average. This truck has plenty of power to spare, head-turning good looks, and the ride is great. It has to be the most comfortable vehicle for long trips. I regularly pull a 5,500lb boat that you can't even tell is there. I've only had to see the dealer once and that was for a tire rotation and a passenger seat squeak. Other than that this truck has been solid, reliable and everything that I expected when I bought it. Thanks to edmunds I got a great deal on it. Sticker 33,6 bought 27,7 after TMV + rebates

Titan woes
By Bill on 07/10/06 16:17 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Titan SE FFV 4dr King Cab SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Vibration at 24 to 35 mph during acceleration or deceleration. Dealer balanced tires, no change in vibration. All dealer says is that the vehicle is drivable. Vibration does not seem to be related to engine rpm. In shop two times 1500 and 3000 miles. Dealer did not check driveshaft balance or carrier bearing on driveshaft. Only says could be tires. Tires show no abnormal wear. Tread depth across all treads 11/32. Sure would like to see dealer get enthused and find this aggravating problem.

2006 Nissan Titan Rating
By Randolph Gordy on 07/08/06 17:09 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Titan SE 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Has plenty of pickup and can outmuscle most cars and trucks on the road and is very agile for such a large pickup. Body design is a plus. An eye-catcher. Most people think the Titan was made in Japan. But they are suprised when informed that the Titan was designed in California, built in Mississippi, and the motor was made in Tennesee. How American can a truck get? Wonder if some of the American made trucks can say the same thing?

Edmunds Was Right
By heYsogoL on 07/07/06 12:56 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Titan LE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Incredible power to start with, further increased with Volant air intake and Gibson dual exhaust with corresponding MPG improvement-approx 2-3 MPG. Great handling after changing stock Goodyear Wranglers to Goodrich All Terrains and still with sedan-like ride. Solid- comfy-well appointed interior with wonderful sound system and power back window. Excellent truck bed management layout including tailgate dampers. Overall, very well designed and engineered with tremendous attention to details. Now that Nissan has gotten over the brake shimmy problem and electrical problem, Consumer Report will have to do a follow-up with vastly different result. An Outstanding Truck- Edmunds is Right On!

A Real Good Truck
By Brad on 07/05/06 07:31 AM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Titan SE FFV 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

After doing a lot of research on full size trucks, this is by far the best half ton out there. I am using this truck to pull a 7000 pound travel trailer and it does it with out a problem. The only problem i have had is the paint on the hood and roof have spot where the clear coat is cracked an nissan is going to repair them. I am getting about 17 mpg, and 12 mpg pulling.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.