2006 Nissan Titan Crew Cab Consumer Reviews 6

2006 Nissan Titan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Titan model:

2006 Titan Consumer Reviews

Date Most Helpful Highest Rating Lowest Rating
What a Truck
By Phillips

2006 Nissan Titan Crew Cab SE 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

What a truck, fun to drive, work out of and have fun in

Favorite Features

Quiet operation, sound system and power

Suggested Improvements

fuel economy

I've owned the rest. now I got the BEST
By smoke20

2006 Nissan Titan Crew Cab SE 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

When I went looking for a new truck, I decided I needed a crew cab because of my kids. Well being a die hard GMC person thats where I went 1st. Prices for a 2 wheel drive four door were crazy!!! To make a long story short I tried every full size truck on the market. I was about to purchase a 2006 dodge with a hemi, when a friend suggested nissan. I was not looking for a Japanese vehicle I told him. Well after he convinced me to test drive a TITAN I bought the truck the same day. My deep water blue TITAN is the best truck I have ever owned Nissan got this one right!

Favorite Features

Rockford system, engine power electric rear window nifty tail gate power pedals locking tailgate interior room

Suggested Improvements

need a 3/4 ton and a 1 ton

Titan is a Winner!
By dvalade

2006 Nissan Titan Crew Cab LE 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I test drove the Chevy Avalanche and then the Nissan Titan. The Titan was roomier by far. It also had exceptional pricing and the buyer receives a lot of quality options at a very good price. MPG was within .5 of rated for both City and Highway. The only option not offered was a hard tonneau cover and outside cab roof lights.

Favorite Features

Rear seat storage option PLUS hooks under the rear seats to hold plastic shopping bags. No more bag contents rolling all over the floor!

Suggested Improvements

More beef for the wipers and an option to have a quieter exhaust system.

2006 Nissan Titan Rating
By Randolph Gordy

2006 Nissan Titan Crew Cab SE 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Has plenty of pickup and can outmuscle most cars and trucks on the road and is very agile for such a large pickup. Body design is a plus. An eye-catcher. Most people think the Titan was made in Japan. But they are suprised when informed that the Titan was designed in California, built in Mississippi, and the motor was made in Tennesee. How American can a truck get? Wonder if some of the American made trucks can say the same thing?

Favorite Features

Power and comfort. Towing capabilities.

Suggested Improvements

Relocate the windshield washer arm. When I first started driving the vehicle I would accidently turn on the wipers. Of course you do get use to it after a while. Also,find a way to get better gas mileage.

Edmunds Was Right
By heYsogoL

2006 Nissan Titan Crew Cab LE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Incredible power to start with, further increased with Volant air intake and Gibson dual exhaust with corresponding MPG improvement-approx 2-3 MPG. Great handling after changing stock Goodyear Wranglers to Goodrich All Terrains and still with sedan-like ride. Solid- comfy-well appointed interior with wonderful sound system and power back window. Excellent truck bed management layout including tailgate dampers. Overall, very well designed and engineered with tremendous attention to details. Now that Nissan has gotten over the brake shimmy problem and electrical problem, Consumer Report will have to do a follow-up with vastly different result. An Outstanding Truck- Edmunds is Right On!

Favorite Features

Infinite Power, Solid handling with comfy ride, passenger room and storage within cab, nice sound system,utili- track system and all the accesories that can be added, towing power and off- road capabilities-to be tested shortly, and most importantly-extremely well assembled and engineered truck!!!

Suggested Improvements

complaints on MPG can be partailly remedied by Nissan with a less restrictive air intake and exhaust system. Owners should NOT have to depend on aftermarket products, especially with gas prices the way it has been going. Slap on better tires with the Off-Road eqipped Titans or offer it as option.

A Real Good Truck
By Brad

2006 Nissan Titan Crew Cab SE FFV 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

After doing a lot of research on full size trucks, this is by far the best half ton out there. I am using this truck to pull a 7000 pound travel trailer and it does it with out a problem. The only problem i have had is the paint on the hood and roof have spot where the clear coat is cracked an nissan is going to repair them. I am getting about 17 mpg, and 12 mpg pulling.

Favorite Features

Big tow package. Sliding rear window.

Suggested Improvements

Get better mpg.

Lemon mobile
By Robert Y.

2006 Nissan Titan Crew Cab SE FFV 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I was initially excited about purchasing a 2006 Titan; however, on my way home from the dealership the vehicle started to experience brake problems and a vibrating steering wheel. This vehicle has already been in the shop three times, all four rotors and pads have been replaced--to no avail. Nissan has been uncooperative and the dealership is incompetent. On paper, the specs look great, but I'm seriously concerned about the safety and reliability of this truck. I've also started experiencing engine hesitation and rattling from underneath the bed. This is my second and last Nissan. I performed some research on the internet and these problems appear somewhat common.

Favorite Features

The radio is good and the engine has a lot of power.

Suggested Improvements

Heavy duty brake upgrade; eliminate vibration in steering wheel; improve customer service. If Nissan did this, then the Titan would probably be a worthy purchase.

The Best truck I've purchased so far !!!
By ralph

2006 Nissan Titan Crew Cab SE FFV 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Awesome truck, lots of power and hauling capability...The inside is very spacious. my little boy fits very comfortably in the back, while his daddy hauls material everyday 6 hours a day...No complaints, I'm very happy with the truck!

Favorite Features

Parking distance sensors, bed extender, storage bins under the rear seats, at least 10 cup holders

Suggested Improvements

none

the titan
By john arriaga

2006 Nissan Titan Crew Cab SE 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

i have only had my titan for about two months and i love it !it is so big comfortable inside, and has pulling power all at the same time, it doesn't get the best gas mileage with the big motor v8, but if you buying a v8 gas souldn't be an issue anyway. i couldn't be happier.

Awesome truck!!!
By SwanIII

2006 Nissan Titan Crew Cab LE 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I fell in love wih this truck the first day I noticed it on the freeway. I have the fully loaded 4wd Crew Cab LE Titan and this truck definitely packs some major power. I have had no issues with the vehicle and I currently have 16,000 miles to date. Handling is great and the looks I get from people tells me I made a great choice. Everyday I get in my truck I'm loving it regardless of the price of gas. I use Chevron 89 (midgrade octane and have noticed a considerable difference as opposed to regular gas. Once you buy this truck you will never think about owning any other type truck again...It's AWESOME

Favorite Features

DVD (my daughter loves this feature) floor shifter beats column shifting anyday. Audio control on the steering wheel allows for easy driving without taking your eye off the road. Heated seats on those cold days or if I have slight pain in my back the heat relaxes the back muscles.

Suggested Improvements

n/a