Used 2006 Nissan Titan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Nissan Titan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Titan model:

an excellent truck!
By driver1232

2006 Nissan Titan SE FFV 4dr King Cab SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

bought new. Been making me happy for years now. Comfortable, spacious, quiet on the inside. loads of power, great utility. I will buy another one without reservations. Best truck I've ever had.

It rides like a car, handles like a dream, looks great. Huge interior!

-they call that paint? -rear end issues (diff, seals) -transfer case -front end pops and clunks after a while -oem tires have no grip but last forever! -heavy steering makes for worse parking -non lit steering wheel controls

Best Purchase Ever
By mjdevries

2006 Nissan Titan SE 4dr King Cab SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

My wife and I had been looking at the titans ever since their debut in 04. We finally found a great price on an 06 SE KC 4x2. All around fantastic performer. Comfortable ride quality. though the stock drivetrain is excellent, I decided to add an intake, exhaust, headers, throttle body spacer, and programmer and WOW!!! My truck eats HEMIs for breakfast! everyone knows when I am coming down the street. This truck looks as great as it runs. I tow occasionally and it does it with no problems at all. It is like there is nothing behind me. We were so impressed with Nissan for this truck that we decided to purchase an 08 pathfinder as well. Now I don't have to fight my wife to drive my truck

The torque and ride quality. Power is amazing.

As always, fuel consumption... but what can you do, its a truck.

Still An Awesome Truck After 3 Years
By Allan

2006 Nissan Titan SE 4dr King Cab 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Have used the truck for a variety of purposes including towing a travel trailer, offroading, commuting at times, traveling long highway distances, hauling building materials, etc. I haven't had any problems other than two factory recalls. One for the wiring harness at the back doors and the other for an A/C related component. The truck responds flawlessly to all of my needs and above all it feels like a truck, not a living room on wheels. Exactly what I wanted in this type of vehicle. Handling is very good and stable but need to be cautious around sharp curves because of higher 4x4 centre of gravity. Poor gas mileage. Don't drive it every day & can live with higher gas consumption.

Powerful high torque V8. 4x4 because of snow amounts in my area. Utilitrak cargo bed system. Backup sensor. Easy close tailgate. Plenty of room in back seat area for a king or extended cab model.

Increase the payload capacity! Diesel V8 please!

Small Mistakes, Are Big
By Rey Vega

2006 Nissan Titan SE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

The windshield is a major small mistake. The wipers can not keep up with the snow and ice, plus they rip on icy windshield. The defroster is too small for the size of the windshield, and cannot keep the ice off. Also only the driver's side has a door key lock. This becomes a problem when there is a sheet of ice over the door, and only one door with a key lock. There is also a problem with all the door windows taking in water and/or ice and freezing, not to mention rusting from the inside out. Why are there metal air valve steams on the tires? They break! Other than that, mileage is not what is claimed.

Very nice ride. Great view all around. Luxurious interior. Rocking sound system. Lots of passing power.

See review

Titan Exterior Paint
By jmc

2006 Nissan Titan SE FFV 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I like the truck overall, but hate the paint finish. I have experience circles of paint that randomly fall of the vehicle down to the primer. I showed the dealer these circles on the tailgate and they said it was rock chips. How do you get rock chips on a tailgate? When I use touch-up paint it eventually comes off again, so there is something wrong with the prep prior to painting. I had a Sherwin- Williams automotive paint specialist look at these and he agreed that the viods were not due to rock chips. This is a weakness in the vehicle that can hurt resale value.

Stereo, bed functionality, power.

Fix the paint problem because there are others that have reported the same on Titan Forums. The weakest link to this being a perfect vehicle is the paint.