Used 2006 Nissan Titan Consumer Reviews - 139 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Nissan Titan - Consumer Reviews

2006 Nissan Titan

View reviews for a specific Titan model:

Great truck
By Steve K

2006 Nissan Titan LE FFV 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I bought this truck new in 2006, and have loved it ever since. Had to replace the front rotors and brakes under warranty, so I'll be watching that, but otherwise, no problems. We drive it every day, but have tried to keep the overall miles low. This vehicle does it all - SUV, car, truck all in one with TONS of power. Gas mileage isn't great, but isn't much worse than many smaller SUVS. Blows the Chevy's, Fords, and Toyota's away in every category.

Engine, Utili-trac bed system, interior room, stereo, the whole- works !

Lighted steering wheel controls for stereo, trip computer (I have LE, and they should have included it in that package), but that's about it.

My Titan
By Shane V

2006 Nissan Titan LE 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I recently bought an 06 LE Titan for my 17th birthday. It is one sweet truck. It came stock with the Rockford Fosgate system. I by far have the nicest truck of the school, and defenitly in the top 20 of this city. It has racing tires with 20's, and the heavy duty chrome package. I put some 40's flows on it, and my friends have nicked named the truck Screaming Demon. Gas just seems to be put on fast forward in it however. Its really hard crossing town or just cruising without someone wanting to race or feeling the need to rev their less superior engine.

I like the stock system, it sounds very nice. I also like the power, and the initial set up in the cab. I also like the power back glass, and how the tail gate descends slowly. The rear compartment also comes in handy. Also the sound, it sounded mean before I put pipes on it.

The only thing I really have to complain about is that I dont like that your able to control stereo functions from the back. also, the hump in the back middle makes sleeping uncomfortable, and I had to buy a custom speaker box to fit subs.

an excellent truck!
By driver1232

2006 Nissan Titan SE FFV 4dr King Cab SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

bought new. Been making me happy for years now. Comfortable, spacious, quiet on the inside. loads of power, great utility. I will buy another one without reservations. Best truck I've ever had.

It rides like a car, handles like a dream, looks great. Huge interior!

-they call that paint? -rear end issues (diff, seals) -transfer case -front end pops and clunks after a while -oem tires have no grip but last forever! -heavy steering makes for worse parking -non lit steering wheel controls

Best Purchase Ever
By mjdevries

2006 Nissan Titan SE 4dr King Cab SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

My wife and I had been looking at the titans ever since their debut in 04. We finally found a great price on an 06 SE KC 4x2. All around fantastic performer. Comfortable ride quality. though the stock drivetrain is excellent, I decided to add an intake, exhaust, headers, throttle body spacer, and programmer and WOW!!! My truck eats HEMIs for breakfast! everyone knows when I am coming down the street. This truck looks as great as it runs. I tow occasionally and it does it with no problems at all. It is like there is nothing behind me. We were so impressed with Nissan for this truck that we decided to purchase an 08 pathfinder as well. Now I don't have to fight my wife to drive my truck

The torque and ride quality. Power is amazing.

As always, fuel consumption... but what can you do, its a truck.

Still An Awesome Truck After 3 Years
By Allan

2006 Nissan Titan SE 4dr King Cab 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Have used the truck for a variety of purposes including towing a travel trailer, offroading, commuting at times, traveling long highway distances, hauling building materials, etc. I haven't had any problems other than two factory recalls. One for the wiring harness at the back doors and the other for an A/C related component. The truck responds flawlessly to all of my needs and above all it feels like a truck, not a living room on wheels. Exactly what I wanted in this type of vehicle. Handling is very good and stable but need to be cautious around sharp curves because of higher 4x4 centre of gravity. Poor gas mileage. Don't drive it every day & can live with higher gas consumption.

Powerful high torque V8. 4x4 because of snow amounts in my area. Utilitrak cargo bed system. Backup sensor. Easy close tailgate. Plenty of room in back seat area for a king or extended cab model.

Increase the payload capacity! Diesel V8 please!