Used 2006 Nissan Titan Crew Cab Consumer Reviews - 86 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Nissan Titan Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

2006 Nissan Titan Crew Cab

View reviews for a specific Titan model:

My Titan
By Shane V

2006 Nissan Titan Crew Cab LE 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I recently bought an 06 LE Titan for my 17th birthday. It is one sweet truck. It came stock with the Rockford Fosgate system. I by far have the nicest truck of the school, and defenitly in the top 20 of this city. It has racing tires with 20's, and the heavy duty chrome package. I put some 40's flows on it, and my friends have nicked named the truck Screaming Demon. Gas just seems to be put on fast forward in it however. Its really hard crossing town or just cruising without someone wanting to race or feeling the need to rev their less superior engine.

I like the stock system, it sounds very nice. I also like the power, and the initial set up in the cab. I also like the power back glass, and how the tail gate descends slowly. The rear compartment also comes in handy. Also the sound, it sounded mean before I put pipes on it.

The only thing I really have to complain about is that I dont like that your able to control stereo functions from the back. also, the hump in the back middle makes sleeping uncomfortable, and I had to buy a custom speaker box to fit subs.

Small Mistakes, Are Big
By Rey Vega

2006 Nissan Titan Crew Cab SE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

The windshield is a major small mistake. The wipers can not keep up with the snow and ice, plus they rip on icy windshield. The defroster is too small for the size of the windshield, and cannot keep the ice off. Also only the driver's side has a door key lock. This becomes a problem when there is a sheet of ice over the door, and only one door with a key lock. There is also a problem with all the door windows taking in water and/or ice and freezing, not to mention rusting from the inside out. Why are there metal air valve steams on the tires? They break! Other than that, mileage is not what is claimed.

Very nice ride. Great view all around. Luxurious interior. Rocking sound system. Lots of passing power.

See review

Titan Exterior Paint
By jmc

2006 Nissan Titan Crew Cab SE FFV 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I like the truck overall, but hate the paint finish. I have experience circles of paint that randomly fall of the vehicle down to the primer. I showed the dealer these circles on the tailgate and they said it was rock chips. How do you get rock chips on a tailgate? When I use touch-up paint it eventually comes off again, so there is something wrong with the prep prior to painting. I had a Sherwin- Williams automotive paint specialist look at these and he agreed that the viods were not due to rock chips. This is a weakness in the vehicle that can hurt resale value.

Stereo, bed functionality, power.

Fix the paint problem because there are others that have reported the same on Titan Forums. The weakest link to this being a perfect vehicle is the paint.

Great Truck!
By Marc

2006 Nissan Titan Crew Cab XE 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Bought this (XE Crewcab) w/11000 miles on it. Had an 05 Impala and wanted a truck. Looked at the other trucks, but once I drove this I was hooked! It's a fun truck to drive and own. Looks good, sounds good, and with the power available, it's FAST (love the acceleration, when you need it). The whole family fits in it comfortably and whats more, safely! I thought the bed might be too small, but with the tailgate down and the bed extension down I've hauled a queen size mattress set with no problem. A little hard on the gas, but as others have said "It's a truck", if I was concerned about gas I would have purchased another car. Overall, an excellent vehicle!

The power and acceleration! Spacious and comfortable cab. Great handling. Large power rear window. The overall look (I've had plenty of compliments).

A little too much plastic in the cab. Better sound insulation for the cab as well. Could use more standard features on the base model (power mirrors, auto on/off headlights, etc.).

Everything I want, just excellent!
By Adroita

2006 Nissan Titan Crew Cab LE FFV 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Very satisfied with this truck after almost 3 years. Great power, smooth acceleration, reliable. Solid vehicle with a great ride and good road feedback. Suspension is excellent. Feels like a German car in truck form. I love it.

Great engine, transmission and exhaust, one-touch automatic windows on driver and passenger, utilitrak/bedliner, outside toolbox, backup radar.

No off button for the A/C, wide-angle lens only useful part of trailer tow mirrors, outside rear seatbelts cut into your neck because they are too high, no off button for automatic driver seat shifting